wideclyde
tjmakz
kdp59
bobheckler
international
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Lakers could select Dragan Bender - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lakers could select Dragan Bender

Post by tjmakz Tue May 24, 2016 7:03 pm

worcester wrote:Au contraire TJ. Methinks there are lots of head games, feints and maneuvers to hype interest in one player over another. Think Danny vs. the Nets a few years ago. But I speak strictly as an uniformed, complete outsider. Sort of like the Donald, but without the comb over.

ma·neu·ver
/məˈno͞ovər/
noun
plural noun: maneuvers
1. a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care.
"spectacular jumps and other daring maneuvers"

synonyms: operation, exercise, activity, move, movement, action
"a tricky parking maneuver"

•a carefully planned scheme or action, especially one involving deception.
"shady financial maneuvers"
synonyms: stratagem, tactic, gambit, ploy, trick, dodge, ruse, plan, scheme, operation, device, plot, machination, artifice, subterfuge, intrigue; exit strategy
"diplomatic maneuvers"

•the fact or process of taking carefully planned or deceptive action.
"the economic policy provided no room for maneuver"

2. a large-scale military exercise of troops, warships, and other forces.
"the Russian vessel was on maneuvers"

synonyms: training exercises, exercises, war games, operations
"military maneuvers"
verb 3rd person present: maneuvers

1. move skillfully or carefully.
"the truck was unable to maneuver comfortably in the narrow street"
synonyms: steer, guide, drive, negotiate, navigate, pilot, direct, manipulate, move, work, jockey
"I maneuvered the car into the space"

2. carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end.
"they were maneuvering him into a betrayal of his countryman"

synonyms: intrigue, plot, scheme, plan, lay plans, conspire, pull strings
"he began maneuvering for the party leadership"

Who did Danny hype in the trade with Brooklyn?
Brooklyn knew what they were getting in Pierce, Garnett and Terry.
Brooklyn jumped in with two feet and it obviously didn't work out for Brooklyn.
Trust me, there's nothing Danny can say or do to trick the Lakers into picking the wrong player for the Lakers.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

The Lakers could select Dragan Bender - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lakers could select Dragan Bender

Post by dboss Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Ha

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 pm

tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
wideclyde wrote:If the Lakers are actually considering taking Bender in the second spot there has to be something more about this guy than what seems to have been posted on our forum at least so far.

I have certainly not seen enough of any of these so-called picks, but what I have read about Simmons leads me to think that there could be other teams also thinking that Bender (and maybe some other guys, too) may possibly get consideration for one of the top picks.

This thought process would help increase the value of the Cs third pick.  All it will take is one surprise in the top two spots and the third pick could then become one of the supposedly 'best' two guys for the third pick.

Position-wise, for the Cs, I have liked Ingram more than the other guys, but what the heck do I know?

One guy writing a pretty weak article about the Lakers and Bender does not mean the Lakers are considering drafting him #2.

We will know more about Bender when he comes to the US for workouts.

I would bet money that the Lakers will draft Simmons or Ingram.

TJ,

For whatever my 2c are worth, I think the Lakers will either trade the pick for a high quality player/all-star or pick one of those two.  Not unless Jim Buss has given up all hope of keeping his job.  There is no way the Lakers faithful will sit through 3 years of watching Bender grow while the Lakers continue to struggle.  Buss needs to make a splash and he needs to make it soon and he knows it.

bob

I agree with you Bob.

Bender is just not a better prospect compared to Simmons and Ingram.
In my opinion, it's not even close.
I don't think Sacramento, Indiana or Chicago will give up players the Lakers want, so the odds are the Lakers will make the pick.

I think Bender would be a steal for the Lakers at #2. You're selling this kid short. Check out draft express for an idea of how good this kid would be for the Lakers' rebuild.

Who is a better prospect to you, Bender or Thon Maker?
I think you have Thon in your group 1 or at the top of your group 2.
Maker man crush...

Maker's the better prospect. The same herd of groupthinkers declaring that Bender is a great athlete are the same herd of groupthinkers that declared that Thon Maker is an average athlete with small hands.

Maker is a much better athlete than Bender, and when combined with his ball handling and length it's an elite combination.

This whole thing just goes to show what a joke the mock draft guys are.

Maker has Hall of Fame potential, easily, and could be one of the greatest of all time.

Maker is everything anybody would want in the ideal futuristic draft prospect, except college experience.

That little detail just throws everybody off, makes scouting him harder, and people resent Maker for making their job harder.

Your man crush for Maker is pretty incredible.
He could be one of the greatest of all time?
Ok, if you say so...
I bet Danny goes against your wishes and does not draft Maker with the #3 pick.

what about the Kelly O mancrush? damn 2 timer

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Tue May 24, 2016 11:00 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
wideclyde wrote:If the Lakers are actually considering taking Bender in the second spot there has to be something more about this guy than what seems to have been posted on our forum at least so far.

I have certainly not seen enough of any of these so-called picks, but what I have read about Simmons leads me to think that there could be other teams also thinking that Bender (and maybe some other guys, too) may possibly get consideration for one of the top picks.

This thought process would help increase the value of the Cs third pick.  All it will take is one surprise in the top two spots and the third pick could then become one of the supposedly 'best' two guys for the third pick.

Position-wise, for the Cs, I have liked Ingram more than the other guys, but what the heck do I know?

One guy writing a pretty weak article about the Lakers and Bender does not mean the Lakers are considering drafting him #2.

TJ,

For whatever my 2c are worth, I think the Lakers will either trade the pick for a high quality player/all-star or pick one of those two.  Not unless Jim Buss has given up all hope of keeping his job.  There is no way the Lakers faithful will sit through 3 years of watching Bender grow while the Lakers continue to struggle.  Buss needs to make a splash and he needs to make it soon and he knows it.

bob

I agree with you Bob.

I don't think Sacramento, Indiana or Chicago will give up players the Lakers want, so the odds are the Lakers will make the pick.

I think Bender would be a steal for the Lakers at #2. You're selling this kid short. Check out draft express for an idea of how good this kid would be for the Lakers' rebuild.

Maker man crush...

Maker's the better prospect. The same herd of groupthinkers declaring that Bender is a great athlete are the same herd of groupthinkers that declared that Thon Maker is an average athlete with small hands.

Maker is a much better athlete than Bender, and when combined with his ball handling and length it's an elite combination.

Maker has Hall of Fame potential, easily, and could be one of the greatest of all time.

Maker is everything anybody would want in the ideal futuristic draft prospect, except college experience.

That little detail just throws everybody off, makes scouting him harder, and people resent Maker for making their job harder.

Ok, if you say so...

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements.php?page=&year=All&source=NBA+Draft+Combine&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=13

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 25, 2016 12:27 am

I had meant to write uninformed. Not uniformed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed May 25, 2016 1:06 am

arambone wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
arambone wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

TJ,

bob

I agree with you Bob.

Maker man crush...

Ok, if you say so...

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements.php?page=&year=All&source=NBA+Draft+Combine&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=13

Bunch of guys that are long on reach, but for the most part their careers have been short on talent.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2