Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

+41
spike
NYCelt
sdceltfan
Improbulus
ExistentialParquet
bobheckler
fiorelladad
MDCelticsFan
sinus007
mrkleen09
spikeD
QuietReader
swedeinestonia
pete
bigpygme
gacracker
Pumpsie Green
Outside
steve3344
babyskyhook
BloodRunsGreen
bobc33
dbrown4
dboss
worcester
gyso
Matty
David14
KellyGreen17
RosalieTCeltics
LACELTFAN
MDCelticFan
jeb
carpecarpium
cowens/oldschool
House for 3
beat
international
Hoopdeedoo
Schlep2010
Sam
45 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:14 pm

jeb65 wrote:D14

I don't want too much mugging on the bench. Fun is good but dont gloat and showboat. I think it's up to Doc to quell that crap and to keep a very very good team's feet on the ground.

Jeb

Jeb, come to think about it, I think you are right. The "funnin" as they say, would probably give the Bobcats some "bulletin board" material. I do remember the Cavs conduct last year when they beat the Celtics at home. Doc probably should remind the group to stay professional and clown around in private.

Good point!!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:18 pm

D14

I love happy and I love loose but that Cavsesque clowning gives me a rash. I hope Doc stops it.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Jeb, I had a professor once that loved sayings such as; "he's too clever and a half". It fits here. You are too funny and a half. Like I said previously, you are a great asset to this site. Doc can't stop the smile on my face, however he should be able to convince the boys on the bench not to create bulletin board stuff!!!

Keep on posting my San Fran friend, you are fun a person.

PS- By the way, I'm not sure you saw my post on "Game On" last night. NBA.com is broadcasting all NBA games for free online until November 3, 2009. Direct TV League Pass members get the online games all year as part of the package. However, they do offer the online service for $89.00 with a choice of 7 teams for non-DirectTV or or other League Pass subscribers. The cool thing about that service is that you can watch the games live or download any games from the archive at any time home or away.

It's kind of a cool service.

Take care Jeb, and enjoy the cable cars and the Ghirardelli "squares".

David

Last edited by David14 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:31 pm

D14

I live in Austin but i work in San fran a lot.

Thanks for the tip on nba dotcom that is great! I am concerned about the Bulls. They are making Spurs look old.

I will keep posting. Hard to overstate how much I am enjoying being here with all my fellow celtic heads.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Jeb, if you travel a lot, NBA.com is really worth the investment. The downloading from the archives allows you to watch the games even when getting back to the hotel after the game is over, and/or in my case when you can't sleep.

I actually spent a good deal of time in and out of Austin working with a client's new branch operations, and with the Temple-Inland's corporate group. It is one of my favorite Texas towns.

I agree about the Bulls. They will be a good test for the C's. I wish Glen (Wyc says we can't call him Baby) was available. They tend to play very physical against the Celtis. I'm hoping for another blowout. It's easier to watch the games that way.

Take care,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:54 pm

D14

I'm going to do the nba dotcom thing. Thanks. If you get back to Austin look me up. It is a grand town. Except for being in the middle of Texas.

The Bulls are going to test us. I dont smell a blowout. I think the Bulls are too good. Different zip code from Bobcats.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Gee, what yould you guys have said if Red was around and he lit up one of his cigars at the end of the game? It is all a mind game!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Jeb, I will definitely keep you posted when I travel to Austin. You are probably right about the "blowout" against the Bulls. However, as I mentioned when posting a response to Rosalie, I'm definitely not the most objective fan when it comes to the Celtics. I definitely recommend NBA.com.

See you online tomorrow.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Rosalie

Its fine if it dont go over the top. Red's cigar was on succinct action. One light a couple of puffs. arrogance kills. I feel the green were excessive in their celebrating last nite. I also feel it's on doc to keep em grounded. That's how I feel.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Gee, what yould you guys have said if Red was around and he lit up one of his cigars at the end of the game? It is all a mind game!

Rosalie, I'd say "lightem" up Red. I think Red would tell the guys, "it's okay to do as I say, but don't do as I do". Actually, I think Jeb make sense in the degree of fun KG and the guys were having last night. If you remember the Cavs game last year where their celebration against the C's was, in my opinion, bush league. Larry Brown has a great deal of class, and while the guys were just "boys being boys", there is no sense rubbing the obvious in Larry's face.

I always thought that Red lit the cigar as a gesture of confidence to us fans and his players that he, the coach, felt the game was in the bag. However, he really didn't expect the players to act in the same manner. Why wake up sleeping giants. On the other hand, I'm sure that Red was sending a very loud message to Fred, the "knucklehead loser" Schaus, and Ben, the "instigator" Kerner of the Hawks. In those cases, forget handing out "bobble heads", I think they should have handed out cigars to everyone who attended the game. Maybe Schaus and Kerner would have finally understood Red's message!!

See, I told you I can't be objective with the Celtics.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:01 am

Believe me, it was a sign of pure arrogance on Red's part. He lit that cigar when he was sure he had the game in hand, and the other coaches hated him for it.

I do believe that there is a certain amount of arrogance in these Celtics. There would have to be to be so enchanted by a video of a guy dancing to the music of the l970's. Maybe you are right, there is more sense in keeping your head in the game and your mouth shut. I personally hate
it when someone tries to make a fool out of one of MY GUYS. Cleveland
supposedly had a new way of celebrating, I didn't see it the other night.
The boys behaved in Cleveland though. It is tough not to celebrate a little when you beat the annointed one fair and square. The score of that game could have been much higher on the Celtics end. Oh well, I guess this subject isn't too important to cause worry. This team is so talented that the third string guys got a chance to play last night.

I have been told time and again that I have no objectivity when it comes to the Celtics. So, don't feel you have to make excuses to me. I have been
bleeding Green for a long time, and boy, I am proud of it!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:05 am

Rosalie

Remember how it felt when the Cavs did it to us. We show class. That's the Celtics. I hear you on the green blood.

I just think this team is so good Doc is going to struggle to keep them grounded. And I hate mugging and showboating.

ANyway nice problem to have.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 am

Well said Rosalie. I've always been proud of bleeding green as well. Red always felt the "only good loser is a loser". He somehow always turned that arrogance into incredible confidence. That allowed the guys to not only win when they were supposed to win, but also to win when they were not supposed to win. Larry also wore that arrogance well and was able use it to "will" his own Celtics' teams to win. KG is right up there on the arrogance scale as well. I guess by adding Sheed the Celtics will definitely not be known as the most diplomatic group. However, they sure look like they will enjoy the experience.

With respect to the King, I think his tail is still where Superman stuffed it while at the same time ABC was advertising the King and I (Kobe) in finals showdown!! The only problem was that there was no King in the finals, just the "I", as in Kob"I". Most likely the only finals the self imposed King will end up this year that will be on ABC will be the celebration finals on "Dancing with Stars". Perhaps he and Kob"I" can pair on that show instead!!! Just kidding Sam, don't hit me with a "T" for this one.
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:58 am

What were the Celtics doing that was considered "showboating"? I must have missed it. I saw KG introducing Sheed to Gino but that wasn't at all directed towards the Bobcats. I know KG was getting excited when Sheldon was playing well, and the mood on the bench was definitely light and the guys were having fun, but I must have missed this excessive celebrating. Can anyone fill me in?
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:31 am

Kelly, I think everyone is just a bit "giddy" over KG's return, the addition of Sheed and Quis, the start of the new season, and the great start the team is having.

It did seem that the guys were really having a lot of fun on the bench. For example, KG was mimicking some of the moves by Shelden and letting the bench guys when they threw up some air balls. KG had PP, Rondo, and Sheed laughing so much, they had to get up and walk around while the game was still going on.

I personally thought it was harmless fun for the team and the fans, however some, as Jeb indicated, are concerned that the C's could make targets of themselves again by celebrating too much. I guess its just a matter of how one interprets fun. Our man Gino's dance set the guys off as well.

Rosalie said it best by reminding us of Red's cigar tradition.

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks David, I wasn't sure if something major happened and I missed it. I guess I'm with you and just thought it was harmless fun. I remember the Cavs celebrating last year and thought since some were comparing the C's to them that we were doing something outrageous. I think the major difference between the Cavs of last year and this past C's game is that I didn't notice any of the C's celebrations being directed towards the Bobcats, unlike the Cavs which was all directed at the action of the game, not something on the jumbo-tron at the game. Maybe our guys should have acted like they had been there before, but it was the home opener and we have new guys on our team and I think everybody was just excited to be in front of their fans after a long off-season.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:37 am

Hey Kelly,

Since you're going to tonight's game, do you want to lead off the post-game report tomorrow? You can just continue on this thread by clicking on "POST REPLY." Maybe I'll chime in with some stat stuff or something.

I don't want to pressure you and your schedule, but are you interested?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 am

Sure Sam, I'd be happy to. My mind isn't exactly a steel trap like yours, but I'll do my best to give an accurate account!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:47 am

Kelly, my wife says my mind's like steel crap.

Guess it's all a matter of perspective...or maybe familiarity.

Thanks. I''ll look forward to your post whenever it's convenient for you. I'll try to post the "advanced stats" later tonight just in case they'd be useful for you. But no problem if you don't even want to refer to them. I can do that in a separate post.

Thanks again,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:57 am

Haha, well maybe your wife has just heard all your stories before! I think it's quite a feat that you can remember such detail about games that happened so long ago. I envy that, I'll be lucky if I remember where I parked my car tonight!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Kelly,

It's more of a philosophy than a memory. I'm not much of a picture-taker. I've always believed in burning the important things in life into the visual part of my brain. It's probably a little selfish, because I don't have a lot of photos to share with people, but I'd rather share the verbal descriptions.

Now parked cars are another matter. If I don't carefully write "4F" on my parking ticket in a garage, I might as well import a cot.

By the way, I really enjoy your combination of logic and writing style.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David14 Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 pm

Kelly, no the guys were just being the guys and having fun with Gino and the subs. Some folks were concerned that teams watching the game and/or the Bobcats would make their conduct bulletin board stuff. You saw it right, it was unlike the Cavs celebration that was clearly directed at the Celtics. My bet is that Larry Brown did not care about some players enjoying opening night in Boston.

Take care,
David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:43 pm

D14 and Kelly

I think we are going to be in that situation a lot this year. Green team in, gino dancin. Those older guys on the bench are making asses out of themselves then what does that tell the young guys.

I see your point clear on opening night and ticket's return and I get that. It does my heart good to see em all so happy.

I will give them a free pass on this one but I think it may come up again and again as we are that good. If it does I hope Doc ends it.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:12 pm

Sam, you share those memories in a way that allows others to store the "visual" as well. Who needs a camera when you can do that? I think it's great. And thanks for the compliment, this is really my first experience posting anywhere and it's good to know that my point is coming accross. Sometimes I feel like it's just a jumble of thoughts and it's hard to make them clear for others.

Jeb, I totally get what you are saying. I think our veterans know better than to make a habit out of the excessive celebrations. At least I hope they do! We didn't see any poor behavior from them the past two years, so I don't think it will start now. I do, however, enjoy seeing them interact when the stress of a tight game is not a factor. They seem to genuinely like each other, and that will surely translate on the floor.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Kelly, I won't belabor it except to say it's definitely not a jumble of thoughts. You express yourself particularly well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next