Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

+41
spike
NYCelt
sdceltfan
Improbulus
ExistentialParquet
bobheckler
fiorelladad
MDCelticsFan
sinus007
mrkleen09
spikeD
QuietReader
swedeinestonia
pete
bigpygme
gacracker
Pumpsie Green
Outside
steve3344
babyskyhook
BloodRunsGreen
bobc33
dbrown4
dboss
worcester
gyso
Matty
David14
KellyGreen17
RosalieTCeltics
LACELTFAN
MDCelticFan
jeb
carpecarpium
cowens/oldschool
House for 3
beat
international
Hoopdeedoo
Schlep2010
Sam
45 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by David14 Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Jeb, I think everyone's position is right in their comments here. On a personal basis, I personally regret shooting off my mouth in amateur league games where I, sort of, motivated the underdogs. I ended up eating "crow ala carte" instead of the celebration steak I thought I was going to enjoy.

On the other hand, confidence and intimidation has in many cases given the better team a decided eddge. The C's clearly have a very talented team that should have a swagger. However, I'm hoping we can minimize the Shaq type "take down KG", and/or Miller attempts to take out Rondo "revenge" shots at the C's. Therefore, as you correctly stated, it's up to Doc as to how to manage the swagger, and establish the best balance between "bench fun" and "letting the sleeping giants lie".

Go Celts tonight!!

David
David14
David14

Back to top Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 3 Empty Celtics Vs. Bulls 10/30/09

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:03 am

A great win by the C's! After watching the Bulls win convincingly over the Spurs last night, I really wasn't sure what to expect tonight. I thought they would be a tough match up for us with their length, speed and athleticism. Instead what I saw was shut down defense and a smooth flowing offense from the Celtics. What a game! I know it's only been three games, but if what we've seen is what we can expect for the rest of the season, Sheed's win prediction and Doc's defensive goals certainly seem attainable!
javascript:emoticonp('Smile')
Rondo was amazing in the second half. He played only 30 minutes in the game but finished with 16 assists. I'm not sure the Celtics would have broken the game open in the 3rd quarter without him. Paul and Ray did most of the scoring, but Rondo set them up beautifully. He seemed to come out of halftime with one goal in mind, and that was to make his teammates look good. He certainly accomplished that!

Sheldon Williams was fantastic. A double double in 24 minutes! You can't get much more effective than that. It seemed like he gobbled up every rebound available in the time he was in the game. He's been able to draw fouls like it's going out of style, and he's been knocking down those free throws, six for six tonight. Keep it up Sheldon!

The box score on Lester Hudson would make him seem ineffective, but he was really anything but. Those six free throws that Sheldon made were all off of beautiful passes from Lester. He's shown great court awareness and seems fairly comfortable with the offensive sets. I think he's improved every time he's stepped on the court. What more can you ask of a rookie?

Eddie certainly found his stroke tonight. Twenty-two points in 22 minutes. Only two assists, but why pass the ball when you are shooting like that?

Doc did a great job of managing the minutes tonight. Paul played the most minutes of anyone tonight, but still only logged 31 minutes. The Big Three combined for 58 points, almost half of the final score!

The defense was stifling. I believe this team is going to shatter the confidence of a lot of opponents this year. I imagine the Bulls were feeling pretty good coming off their win last night. The Celtics certainly gave them a reality check. They held them to 41% shooting on FG's, and only 13% on three pointers.

Overall, a great team effort. I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the season! I think it's going to be one to remember. Number 18 could be just around the corner! Go Celtics!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads) - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtics Post-Game Thread (Collection of past threads)

Post by Sam Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:07 am

Great job Kelly. So who's your MVP?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 am

My MVP would have to be Rondo tonight. He may have only scored 2 points, but he had a hand in waaaaay more points than that. He seemed to have a plan when he came out after halftime and he executed perfectly. No hesitation from him, just called a play and made it happen.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:25 am

Kelly, I agree 100%. And one of the things I'm noticing about Rondo is that he's really improving his interior passing. I've been a critic of his performanc ein the halfcourt, but he's really taking advantage of siny openings and he's anticipating beautifully.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:30 am

AND THE L.A. FANS ARE BOOING THE LAKERS, WHO TRAIL DALLAS BY 22 NEAR THE END OF THE THIRD QUARTER.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 am

I'm watching that game too! Typical Laker fans. Why don't they just stay home and let the true Laker fans go to the game? I'm sure our Laker friends here (babyskyhook and MG) wouldn't be booing their team right now.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 am

For a guy that always plays at a fast/quick breakneck pace its amazing how few turnovers he has,his defense seems to have improved,but its hard to tell when the overall defense just kicks ass inside,outside all over the place,hes definitely still fearless going for the board or steal if he doesn't get the board but is anywhere near the ball and if hes not he'll get there before you can blink.....hes causing alot of havoc.As are Perk,KG,Sheed,Sheldon Williams and Pierce inside,there are no easy shots in that paint!!!

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:42 am

Sam wrote:AND THE L.A. FANS ARE BOOING THE LAKERS, WHO TRAIL DALLAS BY 22 NEAR THE END OF THE THIRD QUARTER.

noooooooooo say it aint so... well now only down by 15...

sam, u ever recall booing the celtics? even in the 24 win season of just 3 yrs ago?

eh, lakers playing 4th quarter catchup, now mavs only up by 14...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:43 am

Right you are, Cow
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:45 am

boneheaded play by Artest after steal,5th foul

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 am

i mean 14
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 am

lakers down by 12 and ''we got a game here in l.a.''?

i mean seriously, talk about kissing arse...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:50 am

Artest is making alot of Tony Allen type of plays,on offense hes forcing it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:51 am

....Van Gundy just said Artest is forcing way too many things

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:52 am

Matty that 24 win season wasn't THAT bad. I mean, the results were definitely that bad, but the games were entertaining! Those young guys always seemed to be on the verge of a breakout. It didn't actually happen, but I had hope! I never booed that team.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:52 am

mvp... then booo... then mvp....
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:55 am

kelly ur right, there were a lot of games that were soooo close, we just couldnt get it done.. i still beleive that, had PP & company been healthy that team cooda got 50 wins... that was just a freaky season inury wise...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:56 am

Those Laker fans must hate that basketball isn't scripted.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:57 am

I totally agree. They would be in it right til about halfway through the fourth and then they would just have a melt down
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:58 am

.....who woulda thought the Mavs D would shutdown the vaunted Lakers?wait till we get a piece of them.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 am

im going to make an early season prediction.. barring major injuries, boston will face orlando in the ecf's... the winner wins a nba title..

orlando is the only other "top team" impresseing me this week
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:01 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:.....who woulda thought the Mavs D would shutdown the vaunted Lakers?wait till we get a piece of them.

naw, no peice, we'll take the hole kit'an'kaboodle of them, peices is what will be left... im calling it
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 am

Nov 20 is our first game vs. Orlando. Just so happens I'll be there! Orlando is certainly looking good so far. But then again, so are we! Should be a good one!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am

Man, the Lakers are really lacking both poise and smarts. I can't wait for the Celtics' bench to face the Lakers' bench.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next