Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics

4 posters

Go down

Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics Empty Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:16 pm

http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/13932-jared-dudley-i-d-be-good-fit-for-boston-celtics

Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics

Written by  Edward Santiago

Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics 93e2f46177ca75392f180f3673488620_L
Russ Isabella-USA TODAY Sports

This week on the Celtics Beat Podcast 9-year NBA vet Jared Dudley joins the show to talk about all things NBA and NBA offseason
Even as the NBA season is winding down, Celtics Beat continues to move onwards and upwards. This week on the Podcast Larry H. Russell brings on nine year NBA veteran and free agent swingman Jared Dudley.

Could former Boston College Eagle Jared Dudley be headed back to Boston? “I think I’d be a good fit for Boston. Since they need shooting, you can never have too much shooting.”

The cap is set to jump a record amount this offseason, each team is expected to have an extra 20-25 million dollars in cap space and that is expected to see many players get huge jumps in salary.

“We’ve never seen [a cap jump]. It’s kinda like Steph Curry. We can’t even imagine like where’d this guy come from .. the jump he had was huge. He went from arguably not an All-Star to the best player in the NBA.”

With the huge cap jump this year, another big cap jump is expected in the 2017 NBA offseason. So, teams that spend big this summer can likely spend big next summer as well.

2016 is widely considered a weak free agency class, but with all the extra money teams are expected to have to overpay many players that are thought of as second or third tier guys in the league right now.

“Once those two go away [Kevin Durant, Al Horford], now teams gotta figure out what their gonna do.”

Dudley went on to say “we’re trying to do the best for our game, and I can’t lie to you. It’s a good time to be a free agent.”

There are many different factors that go into a free agent's decisions, whether it’s location, system, coach, and most of all money. Dudley said that 90 percent of the league will go to the highest bidder and the other 10 percent are the max guys that can choose where they want to go.  

As many know, Jared Dudley was a star at Boston College and had some great things to say about the city of Boston, the organization and especially Coach Brad Stevens.

“He’s willing to try different lineups to find the right flow and even if you’re a backup if you have it going he will let you play crunch time minutes.”

Dudley talked about Boston as a destination. He said it’s definitely on the upper end especially if you’re a power forward or center.

“Free agents are definitely looking to Boston as a destination now and that is a credit to Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens.”

Dudley went on to cape for the Boston fans. “Boston has the best fans when it comes to all sports in the United States. Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics. They support you when you’re not good and they support you when you’re in Super Bowls and that’s rare.

To hear the entire interview with Jared Dudley tune into the Celtics Beat Podcast with Larry H. Russell. Dudley breaks down the new NBA cap situation, players and the media and much more.

bob
MY NOTE: I like Dudley but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on him. For one thing he will be 31 when the season starts, so he isn't much more than a medium term rental. He's a good defender, but he's no Jae Crowder. He is, however, a very good shooter who doesn't shoot enough. He shot 47.8% last year, including 42% from 3. He is also a solid 73.5% career frito shooter. If we don't take Murray or Hield then he'd help fill the hole at shooter. Otherwise...?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics Empty Re: Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics

Post by swish Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:35 pm

If the Celts can put together a team worthy of championship consideration this summer then he would be a nice complimentary addition. First comes the foundation - then the house.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics Empty Re: Jared Dudley: I'd Be "Good Fit" for Boston Celtics

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Swish,

I agree completely. If a couple of stars are found and the thought going forward for 2017 would be to challenge for the Eastern championship a guy like Dudley would be a good bench type of addition as all such teams need a quality shooter coming off the bench (Eddie House for example).

Perhaps if only one star can be gotten I might consider him if his salary was going to be low enough, but if Ainge continues to add via the draft and minor type signings or trades there really is no need for Mr. Dudley.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Maybe so Jared, but I think we can get what you offer younger and cheaper. No offense, and thanks for the kind words, but no thanks.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 pm

wideclyde

Back in 2007 it was of course Pierce, Garnett and Allen that were the foundation. Leave it to you to think of EDDIE as the house that was added later to the foundation of the big 3. Very clever.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down