international
bobheckler
Ram
mulcogiseng
dbrown4
willjr
10 posters

Go down

top FA's left that may be of interest? Empty top FA's left that may be of interest?

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:36 pm

http://hoopshype.com/2016/07/04/nba-free-agency-2016-centers/

nothing is totally up to date, but this one is fair.

Centers Ainge may have some interest in?

Ezeli- obviously second tier now still, $12-16M?
Miles Plumlee- good defender, but not sure he fits here
Zeller- Depends on how much he wants , but my first choice here
Boban the Giant- does SA have cap issues still?.....just asking
Dedmon- now UFA I believe and may be an option for the right price.
C. Wood- is he unsigned still, even after last night?
none of the others excite me here.

Three point/outside shooter?
A. Crabbe= I doubt Port will let him go as RFA
K. Martin- ancient, he'll probably sign at GS anyway.
T. Daniels- RFA still I think, quality 3 point shooter, but one trick pony?
T. Prince- Have we already been there, but Brad loved him and for cheap.......hmmmm.

you have the link, your thoughts?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

top FA's left that may be of interest? Empty Re: top FA's left that may be of interest?

Post by international Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Nene,Roy Hickson,Kriss Humphries,Mo Harkless.

international

Back to top Go down

top FA's left that may be of interest? Empty Re: top FA's left that may be of interest?

Post by willjr Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Ezeli and Crabbe are the only two that I have some level of interest in. I like the thought of Ezeli teaming with Horford defensively. He is not an offensive threat at all but would definitely upgrade our interior defense. It would also give us a nice 3 man rotation of Ezeli, Horford, and Amir. Sully and Zeller would be gone. Crabbe would be a good fit but Portland won't let him get away. That being said, ANY further signings should/will be dependent upon how it will affect NEXT YEARS salary cap. 2017 will have a bumper crop of free agents and I think that we will then truly see the fireworks that we've been promised.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Under Contract

Bigs:  Horford, Kelly
Swings:  Mickey
Wings:  Crowder, Brown, Young
Ball Handlers:  IT, Rozier, Hunter, Bradley, Smart

That's 11 players.  We have room for a maximum of 4 more, three might be safer in case someone gets cut/waived/whatever.

We need another big.  Amir will probably be picked up.  That's 12.
Jonas will probably be picked up because he's good, fits Brad's system well and is cheap.
That's 13.

I say we need a knockdown shooter, length and/or beef.  We don't need another defensive-oriented wing.  We don't need another stretch 4, unless they are also a knockdown shooter or beef.  Sully might fit this bill since he is beef and can shoot mid-range +.  Ezeli might fit but I think he's too expensive for us and will want a multi-year contract which Danny won't want to give someone so he can go big-game hunting again next off season.

Crabbe might be good, but I think we run into the same problem with him as with Ezeli. He'll be expensive and want a multi-year deal.

At the risk of accidentally stabbing myself in the eye with a ballpoint, how about Mr. Herky-Jerky, Jordan Crawford? He can ball handle, he sure can shoot and he proved he's a decent floor general too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:47 pm

kdp59 wrote:http://hoopshype.com/2016/07/04/nba-free-agency-2016-centers/

nothing is totally up to date, but this one is fair.

Centers Ainge may have some interest in?

Ezeli- obviously second tier now still, $12-16M?
Miles Plumlee- good defender, but not sure he fits here
Zeller- Depends on how much he wants , but my first choice here
Boban the Giant- does SA have cap issues still?.....just asking
Dedmon- now UFA I believe and may be an option for the right price.
C. Wood- is he unsigned still, even after last night?
none of the others excite me here.

Three point/outside shooter?
A. Crabbe= I doubt Port will let him go as RFA
K. Martin- ancient, he'll probably sign at GS anyway.
T. Daniels- RFA still I think, quality 3 point shooter, but one trick pony?
T. Prince- Have we already been there, but Brad loved him and for cheap.......hmmmm.

you have the link, your thoughts?

kip,

I think Ezeli fits our needs fairly well at center, beyond that I think it's best to play the hand we've got. I keep crossing my fingers that Zizic turns out to be something and we find a way to get him here. I'm not banking on him , however. With Zeller, at least we know his game. He could be worth a return trip for one more season.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:18 pm

It's looking a lot like a teenage wasteland, oh yeah...

These past 5 days may have been the best Serengeti hyena/vulture/buzzard on a gut wagon scavenger hunt of all time! I'm afraid Danny is reduced to looking under rocks or digging below the surface hoping for a miracle. End result? The parties over. Move along people. There's nothing to see here.

Looking out a year from now for the next UFA feeding.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:14 am

More web scuttlebutt about Butler , Okafor and Noel being moved on the web right now.

some say Noel to Minny for Rubio (makes a lot of sense) and that Ainge is still talking about the other two.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:07 pm

talking about scuttlebut, what's the latest on Zizic? If he's more NBA ready than Guerschon then he may still fill a roll on the bench. The price is too right not to bring Amir and Jerebko back, even if only to use them in a trade and some kind of trade has to happen or else the writers will be wrong about everything.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Ezeli please
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Let's say the Celtics had these players under contract summer of 2017:

Horford - 27.75
Butler - 18.55 million
Ezeli - 12.7
Thomas - 6.25
Crowder - 7.5
Smart - 4.5
Hunter OR Jackson - 1.25
Bentil OR Mickey - 1.25
Olynyk cap hold somewhere in the 6.5m range.

No Zizic or Yabusele (yet)

Maybe a big cap hold for a top 3 pick from the Nets?

That is 80-90 million depending on what they do with rookie deal options and such. The Cap is expected to be 107-108 million next year. It would seem that the Celtics could add Gordon Hayward at the max if they wanted to. 

Thomas-Butler-Hayward-Horford-Olynyk as starters

Smart-Hunter or Jackson-Nets pick-Crowder-Yabusele-Zizic-Ezeli as the bench
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:04 pm

DeWayne Dedmon finalizing 2 year $6M deal with Spurs.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Boban the giant got a 3 yr/$21M offer...but I can't remember who signed him, sorry.

Ezeli in Portland with no ticket back, so.....
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:07 pm

kdp59 wrote:Boban the giant got a 3 yr/$21M offer...but I can't remember who signed him, sorry.

Ezeli in Portland with no ticket back, so.....

Detroit.

Ezeli going for physical and interview.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 pm

thanks Bob, no wonder I forgot...Detriot.

Frankly, I would be leery of signing Ezeli to a big contract due to his injury history. I mean has he ever played a full season?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 am

Nets sign Allen Crabbe to a four year $75 million offer sheet. Wow. Going to be tough for Portland to match. He's a good guard coming off the bench but $19 million a year?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources--nets-sign-allen-crabbe-to--75m-offer-sheet-035503045.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:44 am

steve3344 wrote:Nets sign Allen Crabbe to a four year $75 million offer sheet.  Wow.  Going to be tough for Portland to match.  He's a good guard coming off the bench but $19 million a year?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources--nets-sign-allen-crabbe-to--75m-offer-sheet-035503045.html

he won't be coming off the bench from now on. Good shot, was compared to a young Ray Allen coming out in the draft.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by international Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 am

Is Shawn Livingston a free agent?

international

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:18 am

international wrote:Is Shawn Livingston a free agent?

No.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/498296/shaun-livingston

Warriors' Shaun Livingston: Has option picked up by Warriors

by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Livingston will have his $5.8 million option picked up by the Warriors for the 2016-17 season, Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports.

Livingston was already guaranteed $3 million of the contract, but the final $2.8 million of the deal won't become officially guaranteed until Thursday. The Warriors have already stated they've elected to pay the full salary, so Livingston will be with the team for a fourth straight season. Considered Stephen Curry's main backup at point guard, the 30-year-old veteran played a key role for the Warriors when Curry was hurt. However, when Curry's healthy, Livingston usually remains off the fantasy radar in the majority of formats.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 pm

I think the more productive FAs have been wrapped up.  

We participated by attracting a bigger name core rotation player this time around, anyway.  A positive for this team.  

From here we'll see if we retain Sully or Zeller and the roster picture should start to come into more focus as summer leagues come to an end.  A couple of interesting personnel decisions looming, especially in the front-court. Pre-season may see a few minor tweaks, but I think the majority of the team will be in place by then.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:48 am

NYCelt wrote:I think the more productive FAs have been wrapped up.  

We participated by attracting a bigger name core rotation player this time around, anyway.  A positive for this team.  

From here we'll see if we retain Sully or Zeller and the roster picture should start to come into more focus as summer leagues come to an end.  A couple of interesting personnel decisions looming, especially in the front-court.  Pre-season may see a few minor tweaks, but I think the majority of the team will be in place by then.

for sure, that list of players is getting thinner and thinner as we speak.

I may have looked at Ezeli for that 2 year deal myself, if the numbers reported are correct. second year a team option and first year about $7.5M.

we would have had to renounce Zeller and Sully to get it done, so maybe Ainge had no interest in him. I know some people here thought he should be a guy we go after. oh well.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:37 pm

Aaron Brooks to sign with the Pacers:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--aaron-brooks-nearing-deal-with-pacers-015748759.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down