Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract

+2
Matty
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract Empty Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:39 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/07/boston_celtics_rumors_colton_i.html

Boston Celtics rumors: Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract

Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract 20593592-mmmain
Colton Iverson, left, with Kelly Olynyk, shortly after the 2013 NBA Draft. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on July 28, 2016 at 9:15 AM

The Boston Celtics have agreed to a contract with Colton Iverson that will bring the 2013 draft pick to training camp this fall, according to David Pick.

Follow
David Pick @IAmDPick
Source: Karsiyaka center Colton Iverson agreed to vet-camp deal with his rights-holders, Boston Celtics.
12:49 AM - 28 Jul 2016
35 35 Retweets 50 50 likes

Barring a trade to open roster space, Iverson seems like a long shot to make the Celtics roster. Though he emerged last season with a great year in Turkey, the team already has six big men with guaranteed contracts, plus second-round pick Ben Bentil who has a partial guarantee. Presumably behind Al Horford, Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller at the center position, Iverson will have a tough time standing out.

The weird thing about his situation is that getting waived might actually push him closer to his ultimate dream: playing in the NBA. If he does get waived, the Celtics will lose his rights, freeing him for the first time to sign with any other team. Iverson could sign a lucrative deal overseas, but has stressed how badly he wants to try sticking in the NBA.

bob
MY NOTE: Well, there's our banger...We know we have too many players with guaranteed contracts for all of them to make the team. We also know we need a banger to replace Sully. I didn't understand why he has never gotten an invite to camp. He had, and no doubt still has, limitations but he also fits a role we need filled. I still love Austin Ainge's comment about Iverson, "Colton's so strong he hurts you when he just walks past you".

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract Empty Re: Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract

Post by Matty Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:36 am

Mmmmmmmmm......
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract Empty Re: Colton Iverson agrees to training camp contract

Post by worcester Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:59 am

He's obviously played well enough to avoid the summer league dog and pony show. Getting invited to camp may be the step he needs to being signed by the Celts. I have much more faith in him to meet our overall needs than Bentil, James Young, or even the guard from Notre Dame.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:02 am

Jay King
Jay King
@ByJayKing about 16 minutes ago
Source on Colton Iverson report: "There is no agreement."

Reply Retweet Like

bob
???????????????????????????

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:18 am

Jared Weiss
@CLNS_JaredWeiss 1 minute ago
For the record, the two reports on Iverson do not cancel each other out. Iverson can be on his way, but deal may not be finalized.

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE: A series of premature ejaculations...Stay tuned.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:44 pm

If this guy gets on the floor in Waltham, you can bet that he is going to bring everything he has every single day.

We'll see if he can make it and make a contribution, but good for him that he is getting a look with the Cs. I hope that he does well.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 pm

I guess this answers our question as to what happened to Colton Iverson. Could make things a little competitive in camp at the five spot. Showcasing????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:53 pm

5:42 pm EDT 7/29.

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss
@CLNS_JaredWeiss about 10 minutes ago
There has been no discussion on an agreement between the Celtics and Colton Iverson, according to a source close to the situation.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Do these guys make things up as they go along? Slow news day, lets start a rumor!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Could be a nice addition to the bench - if they added half-time entertainment featuring weight lifting and/or wrestling. Sort of like back in the late 40's when Celtic Tony Lavelli entertained the Boston Garden crowd at half-time with his accordion.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:58 am

Tony was father to one of my patients. Yes he did provide half-time entertainment!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down