Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic?

4 posters

Go down

Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic? Empty Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic?

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/08/boston_celtics_jaylen_brown_ho.html

Boston Celtics' Jaylen Brown holds Twitter Q & A: Appreciates Rajon Rondo, watches tape on Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady

Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on August 02, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Boston Celtics draft pick Jaylen Brown held a Twitter question-and-answer session late Monday night, in which he revealed his favorite former Celtic: Rajon Rondo.

Follow
Kevin Larson @attorneylarson
@FCHWPO who is your favorite former celtic?
6:44 PM - 1 Aug 2016
 Retweets   likes

Follow
Jaylen Brown ✔ @FCHWPO
Rajon Rondo https://twitter.com/attorneylarson/status/760290096411250688 …
6:47 PM - 1 Aug 2016
 196 196 Retweets   462 462 likes

As Celtics radio play-by-play man Sean Grande pointed out on Twitter, Brown, born in 1996, was just nine years old when Rondo entered the NBA. That means around the time Brown was first falling in love with basketball, Rondo was harnessing his powers to whip passes to the Big Three and build a reputation as a big-game type of player. He was jutting into opposing team's huddles, diving on the floor for preposterous hustle plays, and all but bending air to deliver the basketball into his teammates' hands.

Over the years, Rondo grew into one of the most polarizing figures in the Boston sports scene. Appreciating his game became tougher. But during Brown's formative years, the former Celtics point guard was doing stuff like this:

And this:

And he was willing to return to action with one lifeless arm after suffering a dislocated elbow. Like Brown, a lot of New Englanders embraced that Rondo, knowing that for all the times he frustrated people he would redeem himself and then some with magical stretches of play.

Brown also indicated he watches film of Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady, another indicator the Celtics rookie owns big dreams.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic? Empty Re: Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic?

Post by wideclyde Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am

As an old school Celtics fan it would have been nice to hear that Brown loved someone like John Havlicek instead of Rondo, but since Brown is still only 19 he probably does not even know where the old school is.

I think that Brown is going to become a really fine player for the Cs so I really do not care who he likes as a former Celtic player.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic? Empty Re: Who Is Jaylen Brown's Favorite Ex-Celtic?

Post by kdp59 Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:49 am

well, thats not a good thing!!

let the battles commmence...it's been too quite in here anyway.....LOL
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Got to watch out for those smarty pants types. Brown is so intellectual he knew he would catch flack if he went olde school. After all, you can't compare eras. lol So he went in a direction guaranteed to increase the size of that chip on his shoulder. Besides, all those great old school players aren't former Celtics. Once a C always a C I say. Too bad Rondo doesn't still play the way he did in those clips, he 'could have been a contender' I haven't heard anything from this kid yet that would make me think Danny didn't get the steal of the draft. Of course, I'm quite sure in a couple of years I'm going to be saying the same thing about the Dancing Bear. bounce
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down