cowens/oldschool
kdp59
beat
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twitter rumor........trade Empty Twitter rumor........trade

Post by beat Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Marcus sent me this twitter rumor this AM..........just a rumor !!

Have no idea if the numbers even work.

In the proposed deal, DeMarcus Cousins together with Ersan Ilyasova ends up with the Celtics while Rudy Gay ends up with the Thunder. The Kings would receive Amir Johnson, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown and Kyle Singler. The Celtics would put together a new "big 3" and become an instant contender in the East with room to sign another max contract this summer.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Twitter rumor........trade Empty Re: Twitter rumor........trade

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:52 pm

I thought we were a contender already?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:05 pm

stupid move, I wouldn't trade Smart and Brown.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:stupid move, I wouldn't trade Smart and Brown.

I would  love to pick up Cousins and figure out how to make it a fit, and I know that you have to give up something  of value to receive value back, but I wouldn`t give up Smart and  Brown. When is Cousins a free agent?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 pm

as bob heckler would say its a perimeter league today and Cousins has never even made the playoffs, so while he is a talent, a legit all star......I just think with Amir and Horford we have 2 mobile big defenders that are poorman versions of Kevin Garnett, both are better defensively than Cousins and Horford is also a versatile offensive big, 2x college champ and all star. Smart is a shutdown defender that can cover almost 4 positions really really well, him with AB and Rozier defensively has me salivating. We'd be absolute fools to trade away a young player with the potential of Brown, he can be Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or better.....maybe we give them IT, Young, Kelly and Amir, but they would never do that?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:22 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:as bob heckler would say its a perimeter league today and Cousins has never even made the playoffs, so while he is a talent, a legit all star......I just think with Amir and Horford we have 2 mobile big defenders that are poorman versions of Kevin Garnett, both are better defensively than Cousins and Horford is also a versatile offensive big, 2x college champ and all star. Smart is a shutdown defender that can cover almost 4 positions really really well, him with AB and Rozier defensively has me salivating. We'd be absolute fools to trade away a young player with the potential of Brown, he can be Paul George or Kawhi Leonard or better.....maybe we give them IT, Young, Kelly and Amir, but they would never do that?

Amen
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:35 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/10/18/13318124/nba-boston-celtics-isaiah-thomas-could-bring-out-the-best-in-demarcus-cousins

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:58 am

I was for trying to get Cousins before the draft. I proposed something like Bradley along with #3 pick(Brown) and other picks (including as many as two other first round picks).

however that was before all decent FA's had been signed. If that trade had been agreed to , Ainge could have used FA $$ to sign a top level outside shooter and note brought in Horford.

for instance say K. Bazemore as a FA.

Now that we signed Horford long term, Cousins is not needed here.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:05 am

What this rumor shows is how highly some people value Jalen Brown. A good omen.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:33 pm

I have been touting trades to bring Cousins here.  I think his well-documented attitude issues would evaporate when he finds himself on a playoff bound team.  I also think the duo of Horford and Boogie would, arguably, give us the best front court in the NBA because Boogie is an upgrade over Amir and Horford at PF would be killer.

It might be better to let this deal marinate a bit.  Rozier could turn into the next Avery Bradley,  but he isn't yet.  If Rozier steps up, then I'd trade Bradley instead of Smart.

BPI just released their projected draft order of next year's draft.  According to them, Brooklyn should get the #1 pick.  We can swap picks with Brooklyn.  Waiting will make that pick look sweeter too by letting the draftees get GMs and scouts drooling as the NCAA  season plays out.  It will also let Ďanny decide whether to keep it and trade a player the draftee would be replacing or use the pick for Boogie instead of Brown or Smart.

To paraphrase the old Rolling Stones song "Time is on our side, yes it is...".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm with you Bob on the Boogie trade but want to keep Smart and Brown.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:47 pm

FYI, Jeremy Lin may be the reason why Philly finishes with the worst record in the NBA, not Brooklyn. Either way, we will have a top 2 or 3 pick.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:34 pm

No way I would trade Brown at this point. He may turn out to be something special. I would also be reluctant to trade Smart as well, unless it would be part of a package for someone really spectacular.

I am happy to see where we are partway through the season. It is very hard to create, and/or predict chemistry. I continue to be patient and am willing to build slowly.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Cousins is one of the top 10 players in the league.  He is still in his mid twenties. He showed himself very well in the Olympics. He would be great along with Horford, and is a FAR superior player at his position than any of the other members of the team even though I love our current team.  He has this year and next on a very decent contract.  He then will be a max salary player, but the Cs will have room for him.

As much as I like the idea of having the Nets next two number one picks, I believe that I would trade one of them and Smart or Bradley along with whomever (Johnson?) is needed to make the contracts work as well as another first round pick non Nets pick for Cousins. I very much like both Bradley and Smart, but you do have to give up something to get a guy like Cousins and we do have a lot of quality guard type players. I could not trade Brown at this point.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:43 pm

OK WideClyde. This brings us to an important debating point. Who stands to benefit the Celts most over the next five years if we do acquire Cousins, Smart or Bradley?

Salary wise Bradley would be due a big boost in 2018/19, Smart in 2019/20...pretty much a wash, but slight edge to Smart.

Defensively, Bradley is great, but Smart is a force to reckon with and can guard three positions - again, a wash.

Offensively, Bradley is far superior. Smart has us playing 4 on 5 while on offense.

Durability? One would think Smart, but he's been injured like Bradley....again a wash.

I'm going to stick with Bradley and trade Smart, reluctantly, along with Amir and a Nets pick, preferably 2018's. Boogie makes $15,756,438 this year. Amir makes $12,000,000. Marcus makes $3,578,880. Almost a match. If we do a deal for Cousins, we'd still have one physical, powerful team with Cousins, Horford, Crowder, IT/Rozier, and Bradley. Second team of Kelly/Jerebko, Mickey/Zeller, Brown/Green, Rozier/Jackson, and Hunter. Yes, we need an outside shooter. We'll get one. They're easier to get than centers, even centers with attitudes.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:49 pm

For an older team that is in decline, I would trade the present for the future - and for a youthful team on the rise, I would trade the future for the present. If you have the chips to acquire veteran superstar talent now why take a gamble on players who may become super stars in the future. I'm all for Danny getting the players NOW that will make the Celts a serious contender NOW. Waiting 3 or more years to see if Brown or the 2 #1 picks from the Nets are final pieces for a championship team doesn't make sense to me.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Nothing like another Cousin's thread to stir up the old juices of disdain.  I am still waiting for someone to make a basketball argument on why he would be a fit for this team.  I have to admit I would take him in a NY minute provided that we would not have to part with anything other than two dead flies.

Our all-knowing GM has already ruled on this one.  

He said that he did not want to add players to the team that were "disruptive"  He was referring to Cousins.  So what does Danny do?  he goes out and signs Al Horford to a lucrative long term contract.

Sometimes bad behavior cannot be dismissed or over-looked.  Consider that Al Horford got 1 technical foul called on him last year,  while Cousin was called for 17 technical fouls.  That's more technicals than Al  has been called for in his entire career (14)

But dboss he is a scoring machine and a great rebounder.

Screw that...  He is a below average shooter for a center at .451% and he averages more turnovers than assists.  

But Cousins's problems stem from him hating to lose.  That's because he is a loser.  Al is a winner with a great attitude.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:13 pm

There is not way I would give up Brown, I am in his camp completely. I realize that someone, at sometime,may have to go. But giving up the farm for one guy? No Way. Smart is going to be involved in trade rumors forever. I just am not ready to give him up. What is the rush? When does Cousens come up for free agency? Lets wait a little. And, I am not opposed to trading the Brooklyn pick in the right trade

Time will tell.

Rosalie

on the other hand, we could trade Jome Young, R J Hunter, Bentil, and anyone else on the end of the bench....think they would go for that?
Sorry BobC
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Please, stupid does not start now!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:  

Rosalie

on the other hand, we could trade Jome Young, R J Hunter, Bentil, and anyone else on the end of the bench....think they would go for that?
Sorry BobC

I would trade him too Ros though I don't think he has much value currently. I like his overall game and think in a couple years with some added muscle and IF he becomes a consistent three point threat he could be a contributor off the bench. That second one is a big if though, I'm not holding my breath. I am still rooting for him!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 pm

The only problem is that his current team doesn't appear to be interested in trading him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:48 pm

I still agree with the folks that suggest that we wait for Cousins to be a free agent and sign try to him then.  I see no need to give up one or two potential early lottery picks, plus more, for a potential pain in the ass (no matter how talented he may be).

I just want to go on record (again) in regards to Cousins.

Also, as NY says, the Kings don't look like they are sellers.  

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:24 pm

a leopard does not change it's spots! sorry I am not interested in disrupting the chemistry on this team right now. sooner or later someone will go, but lets wait it out right now and see who is the most apt to be on the trading block in February. There are so many 'if's" on this team, I really feel we should wait it out.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/bob-ryan-jaylen-brown-could-be-tremendous-asset-celtics

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm

I'm not sure that Cousins, a 2 time all NBA player, is the right player to make the Celts a valid contender - but I'm even more skeptical about waiting for 19 YEAR OLD high draft picks to MATURE into all NBA super stars. I hope that Danny is shooting for a repeat of his 2007-08 moves that made the Celts an instant winner. He has the chips.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next