another trade rumor.

+3
RosalieTCeltics
KyleCleric
kdp59
7 posters

Go down

another trade rumor. Empty another trade rumor.

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 am

Karl Anthony Towns and Minnesota do not appear to be on the same page according to current rumors.

is he worth pursuing, if he become available in trade?

he is on the final year of his rookie deal next season, so an extension would be required during the year likely and yes he will want the max.

so is KAT a player Danny should inquire about in the off-season?

if so, at what cost?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

another trade rumor. Empty Re: another trade rumor.

Post by KyleCleric Tue May 22, 2018 11:02 am

it'd be great if it could be done without sending Brown or Tatum. Maybe Kyrie or with Rozier and picks.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 11:19 am

Tatum or Brown could come close salary wise

Irving make much more than KAT, so that would require additional pieces on both sides or a third team

a quick look at the Twolves salary numbers for next year shows a

Kyrie ($23M with his trade kicker) and Yabusle ( $2.6M)

for
Towns ( $7.8M in last year of his rookie deal) and Teague ($19M)

would work salary wise

not sure if thats a deal either team would do however

Teague has an additional year at his inflated $19M per year and having to pay Towns and Rozier as RFA in that same year could push the team very high up into the tax territory.

but thats a general idea

Tatum ( $6.7M) works even up for Towns

Brown ( $5.1M) is shy about $1M to make an even up trade for salary purposes.

just some examples I am not promoting any of them myself

I am on the keep the team together to see how they are if healthy for next year. Maybe replace Monroe with a younger guy like Okafor (for a minor deal).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 22, 2018 11:35 am

So, by trading Kyrie, you are putting the ball every game in the hands of Rozier?????? Come on now, make some sense. Kyrie is going no where, Rozier is the one who will eventually go. These rumors make me laugh
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 am

I'm sorry

there is no rumor here , except that Towns may not be happy at Minnesota.

I was only giving some examples of deal that match salary wise.

as for the Kyrie not going anywhere, probably not. but i think an argument could be made that If Kryie bring the right player in return, Danny should consider it. Irving does have a long record of health issues including bad knees already over multiple seasons. Never a good thing for long term health

but this is certainly something we can all discuss back and forth after this season ends.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am

Towns is a very nice player who would fill a spot that the Cs are weaker at, but with Irving expected back and 100% healthy by training camp Ainge cannot trade him at this point as he is just too good of a player.

If Irving appears to not want to resign in Boston near when his contract is up, trading him may be a different story.

I cannot imagine that Towns and the Wolves cannot work out their differences, but I could trade Rozier and draft picks to get him as well as a younger player like Yabusele, Theis or Olejewe if Minnesota wouldhave interest.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue May 22, 2018 11:56 am

KAT for Morris works out fine salary wise

If we could get the ok to talk extension, I'd be ok sending Boston's first this and next year and next season's kings pick
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue May 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Matty wrote:KAT for Morris works out fine salary wise

If we could get the ok to talk extension, I'd be ok sending  Boston's first this and next year and next season's kings pick

Morris + picks would exceed my expectations

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Matty wrote:KAT for Morris works out fine salary wise

If we could get the ok to talk extension, I'd be ok sending  Boston's first this and next year and next season's kings pick

I doubt Morris and even the Kings pick would get Minnesota to keep talking on the phone, to be honest.

I just found this article for what it's worth

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777155-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-wolves-star-karl-anthony-towns#slide1

they list this about the Celtics as a trade option

Boston Celtics receive: Karl-Anthony Towns

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Jaylen Brown, 2019 first-round pick (top-one protected, via Kings or 76ers), 2019 first-round pick (lottery protected, via Clippers)

I think that may be light myself.

then the same article lists this deal

Boston Celtics receive: Karl-Anthony Towns, Tyus Jones, Cole Aldrich

Minnesota Timberwolves receive: Kyrie Irving, 2019 first-round pick (lottery protected, via Clippers)

i find the second one interesting
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm

WHY???????????????????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:WHY???????????????????????

I guess being in the midst of a thirlling playoff run that no one could have predicted we would be involved in isn't enough excitement for some out here. Rolling Eyes

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

why are we discussing this or why do i find it interesting?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue May 22, 2018 2:47 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:WHY???????????????????????

I guess being in the midst of a thirlling playoff run that no one could have predicted we would be involved in isn't enough excitement for some out here.   Rolling Eyes

who did not predict that we would be playing in the Eastern conference finals again this year?

I mean we made it here last year and then Danny got rid of all but 4 players from that team, with the sole purposes of being better. So I think we all thought the NBA finals was the goal this year. Of course the injury to Hayward and then to Irving for the playoffs have made us underdogs for sure. But I believe the goal in all the off-season moves was to have a better chance at the finals than last years team.

I have said repeatedly that I am on board with keeping the team pretty much in tact for next year, to see how good they can be. But it can be fun to consider other options as they come up.

some may feel Trading Irving for Towns is a slam dunk for the Celtics if they could make it happen. Others may feel it would be the worst thing Danny could do.

that's part of the fun too.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 pm

kdp59 wrote: who did not predict that we would be playing in the Eastern conference finals again this year?

You for one

kdp59 wrote:I dunno, the way they have been playing the past month they will give us all we can handle in the next round.

I can see them beating Toronto in the East finals also and getting to the NBA finals this year right now...I mean what are they now 18-1 in their last games?

But seriously, after Hayward, then Theis, then Kyrie went down - VERY FEW picked the Celtics to be one of the final 4 standing. Come on.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue May 22, 2018 5:48 pm

So, with all the shooting struggles, why would you even think about giving away our best scorer, that is, until Hayward steps back on the court. I may be alone here, but I cannot wait to watch these guys play together. Just remember how exciting it was when we had a gun slinger like Ray Allen to rely on. I hate these scoring droughts in the beginning of games. It is what puts us behind the eight ball.

On top of all that, with all the hype that came at the beginning of the year, I am confident that Kyrie and Gordon cannot wait to play together.

Why in the world would The Timberwolves be willing to give up Townes? I think Thibbs would go first. And, Wiggins is not the happiest player out there so what if he demands a trade? Questions, questions, questions.

Let's ride this wave until it crashes or we move on. I refuse to even think that after waiting a whole year I will not get to see Hayward on the court in green, a move that may make our present coach think twice about the future. He is so looking forward to coaching these guys.

Come on, don't get me so rattled, after last night, I am nervous enough!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski Thinks T-Wolves Would Keep Karl-Anthony Towns over Management

So, there goes that theory
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 pm

KAT would be very expensive.

I think moving up in the draft to nab a young big would be the better avenue.

I like Kyrie better than KAT so it is a simple no.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down