MDCelticsFan
cowens/oldschool
KellyGreen17
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another Trade Rumor Empty Another Trade Rumor

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 am

There is a trade rumor floating around that the C's would send Ray, Scal and Giddens to Washington for Jamison and Butler. Article below. Thoughts?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-boswastrade021210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Another Trade Rumor Empty Re: Another Trade Rumor

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 am

If that deal is possible at all,we gotta DO it!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 am

It sounds too good to be true, which means it probably is. I'd love for it to happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 am

DO IT IN A HEARTBEAT, BEFORE ABE COMES OUT OF THE GRAVE TO NIX IT!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 am

Who knows if this is really a possibility, but if there were any team that could use Ray as an image booster, it would be the Wizards.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:50 am

I was only thinking the Wizards main motivation would be the expiring contracts and a chance to start over, but good point about Ray being an image booster.

The article talks about the Cavs coveting Jamison for a while now, but I don't know that they can offer three expring contracts like we can. I also didn't realize Jamison was 33...he doesn't play like he's that old!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am

This one makes more sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 am

I watched Jamison play for years out at Golden State. He is one sneaky Mofo around the basket. Undersized and yet knows how to play the game in the paint. I've never really understood how he gets it done, but there's no denying he does. Not a great defender and he's going on 34.

Caron Butler's good. I like him. Very athletic and still on the south side of 30.

Losing JR is nothing. Losing Scal would be unfortunate, but not the end of the world. Losing Ray would suck since this trade, as currently constructed, weakens our backcourt since it takes away a high quality shooting guard who is also a good ballhandler and replaces him with 2 forwards. We still would have no true backup point guard and our new starting shooting guard would be Pierce? Who starts at SF? Jamison or Butler? Does Quis move exclusively over to backup pg?

I suppose, on paper, you have to do this trade. It will definitely change our game. Sam has been talking about spacing and how Tony Allen is a "space constrictor" because of his slashing ways vs Ray Allen that opens space up with his outside shooting. This trade sure as hell wouldn't fix that.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 am

Have Jamison on a Fantasy team this year....has been very consistent....hits a few 3's as a bonus from a PF....has been in a brief scoring slump of late.

Also a high character guy who was appointed to make the apology to fans re the Agent Zero fiasco.

Would like that move.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Personally I'd much rather see Caron play SG than Pierce. He seems to be more mobile than PP at this point. Does seem like we'd have an over-abundance of forwards on the team though.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Seems like a lot F's.....could be a precursor to further moves.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 pm

KellyGreen17 wrote:Personally I'd much rather see Caron play SG than Pierce. He seems to be more mobile than PP at this point. Does seem like we'd have an over-abundance of forwards on the team though.

Kelly,

Which means if this goes through, there maybe another "small tweak" as DA put it.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:19 pm

So if we made the deal, for forwards we'd have Jamison, Butler, Pierce, KG, Sheed (or is he listed as C?), Davis, Williams, Walker (listed as G-F). Yikes.

I don't see Pierce, KG or Sheed going anywhere. Davis is hard to move due to Bird rights...so maybe we send Jamison or Butler elsewhere to pick up another guard? Who knows, a lot of possibilities there.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Isn't there a rule that says if you trade for a player you have to keep them on your roster for at least a month? If so, with the trade deadline looming, how could this be a setup for another "tweak". We'll run out of time.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm

DA might use other chips to move on Augustin or another available point....or SG...perhaps.

Walker, Williams & Davis still would command value in consideration of their contracts expiring.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Bob,

Substituting Mike Miller for Caron Butler (roughly the same age and salaries) could potentially fix the spacing thing. Miller's been playing SG lately (at 6'8"—great matchup possibilities) and doing well. He shoots better than 50% from the field and even better (this season) from beyond (sometimes WELL beyond) the arc. He goes to the rim well too and gets to the line a lot (where he shoots 83%). In his most recent game (at SG), he scored 19 in 35 minutes with no turnovers compared with Butler's 23 in 47 minutes with 6 turnovers.

I'm absolutely not a fan of Paul Pierce at SG. Far too slow at both ends of the floor; too much of a free-lancer to be a dependable floor-spacer; dribbles so high and lazily that he's a strip target for smaller guys; and I no longer have much confidence in his being able to overpower people inside.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:55 pm

I agree with the PP analysis.....................though I love his game, feel Miller is so injury prone as to exacerbate our current issues, however.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Good point, Tark. Miller has played in fewer than half of the Wizards' games this season and usually averages about 73 games a season. I just remain worried about the starters' floor balance, and the most recent game only supported my concerns.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi,
I guess there'll be some additional tweaking otherwise they're leaving starters without long range shooter.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Paul Pierce could overpower any 2 guard in the NBA on one leg.

If there is any truth to this deal, I would have done it yesterday.

You bring in those two guys and you are the instant favorite to win #18.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:13 pm

DA had shot this one down which means it is probably true!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:18 pm

The only truth this time of year is everyone lies !

I would surmise there are offers on the table to and from the C's and all teams are attempting to gauge what is in their best interests.
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Sam, I am a Mike Miller fan, but it's not only because he is from South Dakota. He is a highly intelligent basketball player who can hit the outside shot and is a GREAT passer. Of course he is a former 6th Man Of The Year award winner.

And he is from South Dakota!

He has experienced injuries the last 2 years. Healthy, he would be a great addition to the Celtics. I would rather trade Pierce, but his contract is not expiring, and I agree that Washington is looking for a high profile, character addition to team!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by sdceltfan Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Mike Miller could be the best passing forward (shooting guard) in NBA!! He has been compared to a poor man's Larry Bird!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

sdceltfan wrote:Sam, I am a Mike Miller fan, but it's not only because he is from South Dakota. He is a highly intelligent basketball player who can hit the outside shot and is a GREAT passer. Of course he is a former 6th Man Of The Year award winner.

And he is from South Dakota!

He has experienced injuries the last 2 years. Healthy, he would be a great addition to the Celtics. I would rather trade Pierce, but his contract is not expiring, and I agree that Washington is looking for a high profile, character addition to team!!

sdceltfan,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mike Miller from South Dakota?

heheh

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next