Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home

4 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home Empty Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm

We have forgotten how to get stops.  Blazers were coming clean off of pics all night and CJ McCollum was knocking them down.  He is one of the very few guards I would consider trading Avery Bradley for straight up.

We also have become quite careless with the ball.  They had 12 steals and we had 21 TOs.

Not a good time for the players to start playing like this, with the trade deadline one month away from tomorrow (2/23/17), and Trader Danny's phone starting to hum and buzz.

Smart had 4 turnovers, with 3 of them in the 1st half.  IT had 6.  One was ridiculous.  He moved before he had control of the ball.  There's 10 TOs from just two players.  Kelly had another 4 too.  Maybe I have my Kelly Green goggles on but I didn't see them.  I know that Smart made one lazy pass to Olynyk who was looking to set a pick and not at the ball.  I think they gave that to Kelly but should have gone to Smart.  

Speaking of Kelly he was 4-4 for 10 points and 8 rebounds in 25 minutes.

Meyer Leonard killed us off the bench both inside and outside.  6-7, 4-4 from 3 with the other two being poster dunks.  Nobody wanted to go all the way out to the arc to contest his shots and, apparently, Brad didn't insist.

Smart with a Smart-esque 5-15, 1-7 from 3.  He also didn't do a very good job of stopping McCollum.  Obviously.

Rozier got 22 minutes with Bradley out.  Did really well with a great clutch 3ptr to get us to OT.

If we play like this we are not going to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  Fortunately, it's only January.  As a wise man once said "see me in April". Having said that, two losses to two non-playoff teams in a row is NOT good.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900071

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:44 pm

We really missed Avery Bradley on both ends, I'm starting to think we overpaid for Horford. He does some good things, but not the type that can carry a team on his back night in and night out. Its so obvious we need a physical defender/rebounder next to him. At halftime I thought Smart was having a good game, then by 4th he couldn't hit a shot. Terrible call on his clean steal at near end of game, please go on a good stretch of shooting Marcus, unfortunately numbers don't lie.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Portland Trailblazers, Home

Post by gyso Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 am

Time for alternative facts.

Smart steals the ball cleanly and scores. The Celtics win in regulation.

In other news, Commissioner Silver introduces a new insurance program for the referees. The referees will be offered free vision insurance, all it will take on their part is to get their vision checked once a year and the coverage is free. Included in the insurance is free glasses or a free year's supply of contacts.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:27 am

cowens/oldschool wrote: I'm starting to think we overpaid for Horford. He does some good things, but not the type that can carry a team on his back night in and night out.

good to see someone else who thinks the same way as I do. Horford is a good player, but Ainge paid too much by giving him max money. It WILL constrain what he can do the next three years with other signings/trades.

I understand he was the best big man available this past off season and it took the max deal to get him to come here. But sometimes it's better to not make the move in the long run. I've worried about this since the signing.

to be honest, I've always felt Horford was a bit like........Jeff Green....gulp!!

dazzle you with the possibilities, but leave you wanting in the crunch. SO far I've seen nothing to shake that comparison this year.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down