Robin Lopez do anything for ya?

+4
jrleftfoot
wideclyde
bobheckler
kdp59
8 posters

Go down

Robin Lopez do anything for ya? Empty Robin Lopez do anything for ya?

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:09 pm

The Chicago Bulls are exploring the trade market in search of a first-round draft pick in exchange for either center Robin Lopez or forward Doug McDermott, league sources told Basketball Insiders. Chicago has its own 2017 first-round pick and is also owed Sacramento’s 2017 first-round pick. However, Sacramento’s pick is top-10 protected. Chicago is currently tied for the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference standings with the Detroit Pistons with a 26-29 record. – via Basketball Insiders

Supposedly the Bulls are pushing hard to get Okafor from Philly and need additional assets. I doubt a future first would work, but you never know. Problem is Lopez has two more years after this at $13-14M per year. we'd also have to clear cap room to cover his $13M this year.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Robin Lopez do anything for ya? Empty Re: Robin Lopez do anything for ya?

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I would trade them Amir and Young and OUR (i.e. NON-Nets) 2018 1st rounder for Lopez, if Danny is willing to forget about cap space this summer, which I doubt he will.  Robin Lopez won't move the needle appreciably, cap space might and Lopez will still be offered this summe if he is still available.  

Doug McBuckets I would give Young and the pick.  Maybe Rozier, maybe.  Or Gerald Green, older but still effective and on a cheap expiring contract.

If Danny strikes out in free agency in July he can always go back to Chicago with a deal.  They will still be in the exact same shithole they are in now.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I would much more prefer the Lopez who now plays with the Nets. The Lopez in Chicago is better than Johnson right now and I would trade Johnson and Young for him today (but, no first round picks of any kind), but I am not a fan of having Lopez for two additional years.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

No.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:28 pm

NOEL RUMOR WENT VERY QUIET OF LATE. WONDER IF HE IS BEING SHOPPED OR PHILLY WILL KEEP HIM?

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 am

112288 wrote:NOEL RUMOR WENT VERY QUIET OF LATE.  WONDER IF HE IS BEING SHOPPED OR PHILLY WILL KEEP HIM?

I saw the 76ers in Charlotte the other night. Nerlens Noel started and played 28 minutes. Jahlil Okafor was (I believe) a healthy DNP. The 76ers want to trade Okafor.

First there was this: "Jahlil Okafor did not make the 76ers' team flight to Charlotte for Monday's game, according to beat writer Keith Pompey."

The pre-game story was this: "Okafor did not travel with the 76ers for Monday's game in Charlotte as he remains the subject of trade rumors."

Then there was this: "76ers coach Brett Brown explained his decision to hold out Jahlil Okafor on Saturday vs. Miami."

Then this: "Talks between the Nuggets and 76ers regarding a potential trade for Jahlil Okafor have "stalled" according to 76ers reporter Keith Pompey."

Then this: "Jahlil Okafor joined up with the 76ers in Boston in advance of Wednesday's game vs. the Celtics"

The clock is ticking . . .

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 am

Very odd behavior by the Philly organization. They are repeating the same actions they took against Noel.

That is a weird organization and truly not an organization that builds confidence in young talent to excel so as to help increase their value and increase their contribution to their team.

Get out as quick as you can young gentlemen of the 76'ers basketball team!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 am

No to Lopez..maybe for Okafor and Noel.

I think that the reason why Danny has not made a move for a veteran big is because of the salary issue.  The Celtics would have Okafor relatively on the cheap for 3 more years and Noel for 2.

If Danny for example went after Serge he would have to resign him in the $18 to $20 million range.  If he did that there is no way he could also extend both Bradley and IT.  And what about KO coming up next and Smart after that.

From a salary cap standpoint Okafor would work.

Or the Celtics may hold their cards.  Next years draft is loaded with bigs's so DA may wait.

Okafor or Noel may require one of the nets picks or maybe at least 2 of our other first rounders and a player.  

Amir and Jonas will be free agents after this season and we have the two stashes waiting for an opportunity.  James Young is also a free agent.  Zeller's second year I believe is not guaranteed.  Green is also a free agent.

I think we all agree that we need another big to challenge for the championship.

Danny is keeping his powder dry because he does not want to bust up the core.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Not really, what's his wife look like though?
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down