Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ?

5 posters

Go down

Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ? Empty Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ?

Post by international Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=667FuOErSDY

international

Back to top Go down

Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ? Empty Re: Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ?

Post by dboss Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:04 pm

I watched the video and reviewed his stats. I was not impressed. Considering we already have 2 players that are playing overseas I do not see how we could add another project to the team. His rebounding numbers stink.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ? Empty Re: Can we get a late first round pick to select this kid ?

Post by international Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:54 pm

I am not surprised with that opinion,seems to me that you don't like Europlayers and that is opinion.The same happened with players like Jokic,Hernangomez,Portzingis,Antetokoumpo,Nursic,Bertans,and others.People are not impressed ,but when they see them comes the complaints because Ainge passed on them on the draft ,I forgot to mention Gobert and Capella.By the way I didn't posted this for your opinion,and remember you and I have a friendly bet about Luka Doncic and the # 1 pick in the 2018 draft.Next time read the post carefully before give your opinions,i said clearly that a player with that potential but with his lack of experience should be taken with a late first round I did not say that we should take him with the Brooklyn pick.A 7-2 player with good mobility to guard the Pick and roll and the potential to be a rim protector and a 3 point shooter cant be found on garbage cans.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:06 pm

I had never heard of this guy, but the video showed that he has some NBA skills down the line.

He could be draft and stash type of guy because he still needs more strength and another year of play
before coming to the NBA would likely be good for him.

Perhaps with that early second round pick? 7"2 with mobility is a good a good place to start.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

His rebound totals are low,but he only play 15 minutes per game.Rudy Gobert only averaged 3.5 rebounds on a weak league in France.I don't espect him to be available in the second round.Too much potential.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:46 pm

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Anzejs-Pasecniks-65023/

international

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Interesting.  He does hace good coordinated skills as a 7'2"er better then KO LOL!

Love to see him against some other bigs as he often in the film looked like he was on a mismatch with smaller players.

Worth a look.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 am

He is projected to go between #29 (to San Antonio) to #32.

As international points out, a lot of potential.  However, at 21 years old, he is still weak on defense, and struggles with physicality (per draftexpress).  That makes him the opposite of Ante Zizic, who appears to be enjoy contact.  I have watched a lot of Ante Zizic this year.  He is way ahead of Anzejs Pasecniks, both physically and skills-wise, despite being 2 years younger.

He runs well north-south and seems pretty quick laterally as well.  He doesn't have "lead feet".  The video international provided says he runs well "when motivated".  I hate seeing that phrase, "when motivated".

Draftexpress also says that his limitations on defense are probably why he is playing so few minutes.  That, for someone his size, is NOT good.  On the other hand, he does have some skills and he is 7'2".  One thing I do not like about European competition is that they do not report wingspan.  This kid appears to have a very nice wingspan, I just wish I knew how nice.

Is he worth a low first rounder?  Hmm.  Depends upon what we have to give up to get it.  As we have seen already Danny is not afraid to use a first round pick for draft-and-stashes.  Zizic was #23, was projected to go a little later, like #25-#28 (so he went a little earlier than expected but not much) but Zizic looks WAY ahead of this kid in development despite being 2 years younger.  This is not another Porzingis.  He isn't even another Dragan Bender, who was not having good rookie year before he got hurt.  I know, both of those guys were very high lottery picks and we are not talking about investing anything anywhere near as valuable as one of those in Pasecniks, I'm just pointing out he is significantly behind them both and he is is only 4 months younger than Porzingis. These long, fluid Euro players (including The Greek Freak) are the flavor of the month, and perhaps justifiably so, but more and more of them are coming on NBA scouting radar screens.

Not bad, not that good.  Once again, depending upon the price he might be worth a draft-and-stash.  At 21, already, I do not see him as a prodigy.

Thanks for bringing this guy to our attention, international. Interesting prospect, to be sure. He still has half a season to improve and impress climb up the mock draft boards. That's what happened with Thon Maker last year. He was just where international is saying this guy should be picked, late first round to early 2nd round, and then just roared past everybody to be picked at #10 by Milwaukee, who were perceptive enough to take a chance on The Freak and, boy, has that worked out for them!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:04 am

International

In the end I will defer to you because you know more about Euro players than I do.  However let me remind you that this forum is very much about opinions.  So when you post your opinions about a player you are in fact opening up the conversation for differing opinions.  

Limited highlights are rarely a good barometer for determining how good a player may become.  Draft express has him in the late first round.  Draftnet has him at #51 in the second round.  Considering what we already have and what we need I do not think he should be on the radar.  His stats on
rebounding, 3.1 per game is poor even given the limited playing time.  Why does he only play 15 MPG?  Maybe his production goes down the more he plays.  Who knows.  

By the way I liked Gobert and the Greek freak before they were drafted.

I maintain that the Euro kid Doncic will not be the #1 pick in 2018/  Reason.  This year teams will load up on guards but Next year bigs will be at the top of the draft.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Bob.
I agree with you that Zizic is better than him,but I did not do the post to compare them.I would like you (all members of the forum) to understand that stats in the Euro Leagues are deceiving.Why?....Because the rules don't aloud teams to use more than 3 import player at a time,thats the reason why you see good players playing 13 to 18 minutes at best,in the them of the rebounds the leaders are not higher than 7 or 8 per game,This kid is playing in a league (Spain )that's considered the best outside NBA and on a team with 10 import players including 3 more centers(Ryan Hollins among them)Don't ask me why but I don't believe in the opinion of people like Draft express or Draft net or even in scouts of the teams in the NBA,they allways looking at numbers and not about intangibles.Willy Hernangomes is the perfect example of what I am talking about,before the draft some considered him second round material at best and many thought he was not going to be selected ,but I Knew the kid he was a player with the fundaments and experience to help an NBA team with problems in the rebounds department,right now he is considered untouchable and the center of the future with NY.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:42 pm

dboss.
Y ou are completely right about opinions,by the way that's the reason I posted it,to know what do you think about the player and if he is worth of being selected by our team,sorry for behavior but I got mad because I thought you don't consider my opinion a good one.I am proud because I scout the players with the limitation of not live in Europe or having the oportunity to watch the games there,and the difference between me and people like draft express,dardt net and the scouts is I pay attention to simple details as position to rebound ,picks,deffensive rotations and more important Character.The year Potzingis was going to be drafted few people knew about him and I was (believed or not) saying he was by far a better player than Okafor and Russell and the same happened with Gobert,Hernangomes(you can go to an old post of mine where I was saying...this kid can help the Celtics right away)and the reaction was this....no way ,he is too slow ,his verticle jump is not good and he is not ready because Euros are soft.Do you know that when Red Auerbach was scouting players for the 1970 draft he was to florida to watch Dave Cowens play and after only 10 minutes he was gone because he did not need more time to evaluate a player.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:44 pm

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Spain/Herbalife-Gran-Canaria/1312?Page=3

international

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

INTERNATIONAL,

GOOD INSIGHT INTO THE EURO LEAGUE. THANKS FOR THE EDUCATION. ARE THERE ANY OTHER RULES WE SHOULD BE AWARE OF WHEN EVALUATING EURO TALENT?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down