3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good

+2
Sam
cowens/oldschool
6 posters

Go down

3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good Empty 3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 am

Perk,Baby and Rondo really stepped up tonight,Ray shot the lights out too, Rondos on the ball pressure was great,even the Heat coach commented 'we can't even bring the ball up the court' Rondo wouldn't let Chalmers get to his spots to initiate the offense leading to major disruption.Perk took away everything inside,when Sheed got hurt and Perk came in and the rout was on,he turned J O'Neal into Antoine Walker vs KMart in 03.Baby was everywhere blasting,bouncing,bounding,hustle plays all game and running the floor.When he doesn't get too close to rim can finish with nice floaters in the lane,Baby abused the #1 pick in the draft.We now have 3 competant young pieces to build around that can play playoff basketball.If we play LA again please put Baby at SF,want to see him bounce Artest.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good Empty Re: 3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good

Post by Sam Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 am

Cow,

If Glen could just learn to pass out of crowds, he could be even more effective.

One thing I liked tonight (and mentioned on the game-on thread) was the eagerness of the team to return to the floor after timeouts. You could tell that their adrenalin was flowing big-time and they were enjoying themselves out there. Ray, in particular, couldn't wait to get his hands on the ball. I swear that one time he shot a three on his way to the bathroom.

It won't always be that way, but I certainly like the trend.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good Empty Re: 3 Young Amigoes doin it and doin it good

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 am

Cow,

In the beginning when Davis had his shots blocked he could have hung his head and just looked for his jump shot. He instead hung in and played his game and created more space when needed. I like the comment on the 3 young pieces...Right On!

Sam,

I think I tramatized my cat at some point with MY Adrenalin!! Ray was so pumped at one point when he went for a steal and Miami got the call he jumped straight up like a kid would with disapointed angst. I know it can't always be the trend but I'll take it for now, especially without the Big Ticket in the auditorium.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am

Hoop

Regarding Davis, yeah he got stuffed more times than a game fish BUT he also went to the line a lot, at one point I believe he had gone 8 for 8 from the stripe and the entire heat team was 2 for 4.

I'd love to see him finish a bit better too and against a team with more size he will need to reconsider going back up as much (such as Cleveland).

Playing tough D and not fouling was so important. At the half our 5 starters had 2 fouls. Beasley had more than that all by himself.

And I know this may sound crazy and it won't happen but I would love to see KG come off the bench next game. Give Davis the start and soften up the belly of the Heat for 6-7 minutes. KG would about blow a gasket by then!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 am

The effort and energy expended by the C's was very gratifying to me in last night's game. Davis was the ignition and just seemed to go non stop like the energizer bunny-OK a BIG RABBIT! He sure made more than rabbit stew out of the Heat, though. The results won't always be 29 pt. blow outs, but as long as the team as a unit exhibits this brand of passion, effort, and energy I for one can stay solidly behind them and I think the crowds for the remainder of the playoffs for games at TD Garden will give the team enthusiastic support which the team can feed off of when things get tight. Ray looked like the young stud he was out of UCON nearly a decade and a half ago with his Mom beaming in the stands. If we make it to Round Two, rest assured things will get a lot tighter! Congrats to the Green & White for an explosive effort-like Jimmie (JJ) Walker would say, "Like DY-NO-MITE!".

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:16 am

Beat,

I had the same thought about KG off the bench as well. I can see KG going over to the basket support and banging his head at the 7 minute mark of the 1st quarter! We can dream can't we? Who needs sports writers? Good point on the free throw thing.
BB has the energy and skills to be a very good player in this league. His soft hands and quick feet will aid him into getting to the next level. You can't coach energy and he has it. Height is his downside IMO.

MD,

I agree the next round will be tighter. At least we are building some momemtum and confidence against what was supposed to be a solid team. The crowd was supported by our own Rosalie! I'm sure she had a good time. I hope she posts about her experience.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:32 am

Baby showed me some skills he can build on,he has an odd knack for those floaters in the lane,pretty impressive move for such a wide body,he can run the floor,hes a bull very good at the infighting and positioning needed to go grab the boards on both ends,he can hit the open 15-18 footer somewhat spreading the floor and opening up his driving game.Hes got soft hands and can move without the ball and catch anything down there,he can be a key piece for this team going forward and compliments Perk and Rondo really well.Hes not Sir Charles,but he can destroy Michael Beasley.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:01 am

beat wrote:Hoop

Regarding Davis, yeah he got stuffed more times than a game fish BUT he also went to the line a lot, at one point I believe he had gone 8 for 8 from the stripe and the entire heat team was 2 for 4.

I'd love to see him finish a bit better too and against a team with more size he will need to reconsider going back up as much (such as Cleveland).

Playing tough D and not fouling was so important. At the half our 5 starters had 2 fouls. Beasley had more than that all by himself.

And I know this may sound crazy and it won't happen but I would love to see KG come off the bench next game. Give Davis the start and soften up the belly of the Heat for 6-7 minutes. KG would about blow a gasket by then!

beat

beat,

"stuffed more times than a game fish ". That's great.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down