bobheckler
fierce
Matty
kdp59
Rmbone
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 6 Empty Re: Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics

Post by Rmbone Wed May 24, 2017 11:28 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:Here's a new video of Fultz shooting.
His body looks pretty sloppy, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Rmbone,

8-13 from 3 in 50 seconds.  I can live with that.  

bob

https://streamable.com/4da7i

Rmbone,

WOW!

One thing I wish is that the coaches would change where they pass to.  I understand "the drill", using the same motion againand again, but I'd like to see a more realistic drill with bounce passes and passes higher and lower.  The feeder kept passing right to his numbers, a perfect pass every time.  Yeah, he shot great but they won't be perfect passes in games.  Not Jackson's fault, of course.

bob

That's Jayson Tatum, another top 5 talent, from Duke.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 6 Empty Re: Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics

Post by fierce Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am

A. Sherrod Blakely ✔ @SherrodbCSN
.@Celtics Danny Ainge said Lonzo Ball has informed the Celtics that he will not work out for them prior to the #NBA draft.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 am

fierce wrote:A. Sherrod Blakely ✔ @SherrodbCSN
.@Celtics Danny Ainge said Lonzo Ball has informed the Celtics that he will not work out for them prior to the #NBA draft.

fierce,

Good. His shot mechanics would have me punching things.

From what I'm reading Fultz had an absolutely awful team to play with, no talent at all besides him. Josh Jackson played for Kansas and they always have talent. Same with Tatum @ Duke. Always talent at those basketball programs.

There's nothing wrong with playing on a good team but that also covers up stuff too. Rondo, for example. Put him with good players and he's amazing. Put him with poor talent and he's not so good. Put Kobe/MJ/Bird/Magic on a team of YMCA players and they will at least compete.

Here's a short radio-cast with former NBA GM Bobby Marks talking about Fultz and whether he thinks there is another choice. Just one man's opinion, but he was a GM.

https://vsporto.com/episode/21842/the-4-quarters-podcast-nba-draft-strategy-are-there-any-other-options-other-than-markelle-fultz-for-celtics/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Chad Ford!

Celtics might pull a surprise at No. 1
Ford wrote:Markelle Fultz has been atop my Big Board since version 2.0, and his only real challenger most of the year has been Lonzo Ball.

But Josh Jackson, who was No. 1 on Big Board 1.0, has emerged as an intriguing option for the Celtics and team president Danny Ainge (even though he canceled a workout with Boston this week, according to ESPN's Jeff Goodman and Marc Spears).

"I've picked Danny's brain for years," one GM said. "Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he's keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I'm convinced they'll take Jackson No. 1."

He's correct in that Jackson fits the prototypical Celtics mold. Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown all fit that description, and all were first-round selections by Boston (Rondo via trade).

Jackson has yet to work out for the Celtics, according to his agent, B.J. Armstrong, who said that Jackson has worked out twice for the Lakers and once for the 76ers. Jackson is also scheduled to work out for the Suns before the draft.

"We have great respect for Boston and Danny Ainge," Armstrong said. "That's a championship-caliber organization and Josh brings the things that I know Danny values. He can defend his position at an elite level. He can rebound for his position at an elite level and he can pass for his position at an elite level. All the championship-caliber teams are looking for players who can do those three things. And I know they want winners.

"We're in dialogue with Boston. We're very respectful of them. They have the No. 1 pick and can select whoever they choose. We just need to see how things play out over the next week."

While Armstrong declined to give specifics about why Jackson hasn't worked out there, other league sources believe that it's likely that Jackson's camp feels that both the Lakers and Sixers would give Jackson a larger role from day one.

A number of agents have expressed concerns that the Celtics might not have enough playing time for their clients to develop properly, given the depth and experience of their roster. (Ball also declined a workout with Boston.)

Fit is a question mark for Jackson as well, with both Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder already on the roster.

Don't the Celtics need players with differing skill sets? Isn't Jackson a bit duplicative, especially given the arrival of Brown last year?

Another GM doesn't see it that way.

"Jackson will be better than all of those guys [at his position in Boston]," the GM said. "Danny's looking for a star, and I think Jackson has as much or more star potential than Fultz or Ball. Everyone on the Celtics is an asset. Danny can move them all. He'll take the player he likes the best. Period. He'll figure out fit in the summer."

What do the Celtics have to say about this? They're staying mum on whom they're taking No. 1, but a source says the franchise is strongly considering options other than Fultz and that Jackson is one of those options.

"We like him a lot," the Celtics source said. "But we like several guys a lot. We've got a week to figure it out."

If Jackson doesn't work out for Boston, would that scare the Celtics away? "Absolutely not," a Celtics source said. "That's true for Josh and Lonzo and anyone else. We've done our homework. The workouts are nice, but they're not mandatory. We'll select the best player."

http://insider2text.xyz/articles/e31b87f95d61f7c1

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/19641152/latest-nba-draft-intel-boston-celtics-los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-josh-jackson-more

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Point is - none of us knows right now. He could still trade the pick, take Jackson, or Fultz. Really can't lose either way.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Here's Danny and Jackson's agent, they go way back.
Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 6 76027688

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:18 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/boston_celtics_nba_draft_rumor_2.html

Boston Celtics NBA Draft rumors 2017: One anonymous GM believes Josh Jackson will go No.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM
NBA Mock Draft 2017: Will Markelle Fultz go to the Boston Celtics at No. 1 overall?

BY JAY KING

One anonymous rival GM believes the Boston Celtics will pass on Markelle Fultz to take Josh Jackson at No. 1 in next week's draft, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

From Ford's latest story at ESPN Insider:

"I've picked (Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge's) brain for years," one GM said. "Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he's keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I'm convinced they'll take Jackson No. 1."

Two thoughts:

1. Jackson is absolutely an Ainge type of player, a competitive, gritty dude who will contribute to winning even when his shot doesn't fall. The Celtics have tried to trade up for Justise Winslow, who was similar to Jackson. They have drafted Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown, who all have some similarities to the Kansas product. Ainge probably adores Jackson's game.

2.  Ainge is in pole position this year and should take the top prospect available, not just the guy who fits the typical Celtics mold. Boston needs great players -- Ainge has said so himself -- and most experts think Markelle Fultz has the best chance to become one. For that reason Fultz remains the frontrunner; even if the Celtics have opted for uber-competitive athletes with shooting issues before, they would really need to fall in love with Jackson to rank him higher than Fultz

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/06/boston_celtics_nba_draft_rumor_2.html

Boston Celtics NBA Draft rumors 2017: One anonymous GM believes Josh Jackson will go No.

Posted on June 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM
NBA Mock Draft 2017: Will Markelle Fultz go to the Boston Celtics at No. 1 overall?

BY JAY KING

One anonymous rival GM believes the Boston Celtics will pass on Markelle Fultz to take Josh Jackson at No. 1 in next week's draft, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

From Ford's latest story at ESPN Insider:

"I've picked (Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge's) brain for years," one GM said. "Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he's keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I'm convinced they'll take Jackson No. 1."

Two thoughts:

1. Jackson is absolutely an Ainge type of player, a competitive, gritty dude who will contribute to winning even when his shot doesn't fall. The Celtics have tried to trade up for Justise Winslow, who was similar to Jackson. They have drafted Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown, who all have some similarities to the Kansas product. Ainge probably adores Jackson's game.

2.  Ainge is in pole position this year and should take the top prospect available, not just the guy who fits the typical Celtics mold. Boston needs great players -- Ainge has said so himself -- and most experts think Markelle Fultz has the best chance to become one. For that reason Fultz remains the frontrunner; even if the Celtics have opted for uber-competitive athletes with shooting issues before, they would really need to fall in love with Jackson to rank him higher than Fultz

bob

That GM is a moron who obviously knows nothing about the Boston Celtics.

A guy that refused to workout but more importantly, interview, will not be drafted at #1 by the Celtics.  Does anyone out there disagree with that?  Ok so if you do or do not read on.

A guy that had a disturbing incident involving a female, a friend and a car (could make for an interesting piece) refuses to meet with Boston where an explanation would be expected.  They want to hear him tell the story.  Without the job interview there will be no job offer.  The significance of Boston's draft position demands a visit if you expect to be drafted by them.

Providing reasons why Fultz should be the guy gets easier everyday.  Each freakin candidate has been thoroughly impeached (Talent/skills flaws)  The kid Fultz has one flaw (his free throw shooting needs to improve)  Offensively he has everything else that you could possibly want.  A complete package of offensive skills unmatched by any player in this Draft.    

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Anyone who won't reveal his name is not to be trusted.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 am

worcester wrote:Anyone who won't reveal his name is not to be trusted.

So says the guy who identifies himself after his hometown.  LOL.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 am

My point exactly.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm

How Josh Jackson Would Fit With the Celtics

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Thread title change:

Why Jackson Should Go #1

Why Danny Traded Down to #3 to take Josh Jackson

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Forsberg: Ainge believes team will get same player at 3 it wanted at 1
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/876860050622607360

I've been saying all along Josh Jackson is the #1 prospect and Danny's #1 prospect as well. We'll see if I was right, or if Danny is actually talking about Jayson Tatum here.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 pm

Chad Ford‏Verified account @chadfordinsider
Celtics had Josh Jackson & Jayson Tatum ranked in same tier as Fultz and Ball

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876863166122266624

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:24 am

Rmbone, I think you are right that Danny preferred JJ or Tatum over Fultz, ergo why not trade down for the #3 and a high pick next year. Since JJ refused a workout and since Tatum has so many positives, including being a better shooter, I'm seeing Tatum as the pick.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:00 am

worcester wrote:Rmbone, I think you are right that Danny preferred JJ or Tatum over Fultz, ergo why not trade down for the #3 and a high pick next year. Since JJ refused a workout and since Tatum has so many positives, including being a better shooter, I'm seeing Tatum as the pick.

The issue with Tatum is he wouldn't fit with Gordon Hayward if we got both. And you know I'm a huge Crowder fan, whose two way impact was actually greater than Haywards, Paul George's, or even IT4's for that matter.

Jackson can play SG and even some PG because he's much quicker than Tatum. Tatum, Hayward, and Crowder are too slow to defend guards, and none are amazing options at PF. And against certain matchups we'd end up only being able to play one of the three on the court, with two on the bench.

On the other hand, landing Tatum would mean we would have much less need to sign Hayward. Other than this coming season, they'll be about the same level player in the future, with the sames strengths and weaknesses.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:50 am

I see that if we go for Tatum, there is no reason to get Hayward. I see that. I can also see the wind shifting over to signing Blake Griffin as a free agent. While I'm not exactly happy with Griffin, it does help to fix our rebounding woes.

Continuity. That is the path Danny is walking. Keep the core intact and add to it

Tatum and Griffin.

Why Josh Jackson Should Go #1 to Celtics - Page 6 Logo_f11
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 am

gyso wrote:I see that if we go for Tatum, there is no reason to get Hayward.  I see that.  I can also see the wind shifting over to signing Blake Griffin as a free agent.  While I'm not exactly happy with Griffin, it does help to fix our rebounding woes.

Continuity.  That is the path Danny is walking.  Keep the core intact and add to it

Tatum and Griffin.

If we got either Jackson or Tatum I see no reason to get hayward. As a matter of fact if we did not get either of them I see no reason to get Hayward unless you plan to move either Crowder or Brown.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:26 am

I prefer Tatum over Jackson, but feel both have a bright future and could be a critical addition.  I think either one, with Brown potentially used as a wing off the bench, gives us the ability to go after a big via free agency or trade.  I think those are better moves than trying to sign Hayward.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6