Rmbone
bobheckler
22 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Markelle Fultz Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Markelle Fultz Thread

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 pm

steve3344 wrote:
dboss wrote:Yes.. Certainly cannot fault DA for drafting Fultz.  

I think it is the right thing to do.  We have not had this level of excitement since the Celtics drafted Larry Bird.  

I cannot wait to see our pups play in the summer league.  

Dboss

We had that excitement after drafting Len Bias for one day.  At least I did.  Then our world crashed as did our hopes of repeating as champions or winning another title in the forseeable future at the time as the team all got old at the same time.

So many compelling match ups with us having young stud Bias to go at the Worthys, Rodman, Barkley, K Malone and Jordan and Pippen. I don't think Pistons ever get to promised land and with Big 3 getting older in 90's still some great drama and wing battles with Bias- Reggie Lewis vs Jordan- Pippen.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:54 am

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-markelle-fultz-reportedly-headed-to-boston-to-work-out-for-celtics/

NBA Draft: Markelle Fultz reportedly headed to Boston to work out for Celtics
Fultz is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft later this month

Jack Maloney
mugshot by Jack Maloney
@jackhaveitall

17h ago • 1 min read

After a stellar freshman season at Washington, during which he averaged 23.2 points, 5.9 assists, and 5.7 rebounds, while shooting an impressive 41.3 percent from 3-point land, Markelle Fultz is expected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA Draft on June 22.

The team with that No. 1 pick, as you might have heard, is the Boston Celtics, who have it courtesy of a pick swap they obtained in the Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett trade a few years back. Now eliminated from the playoffs, the Celtics have turned their full attention to the draft, and, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski, are planning to meet with Fultz in the coming days.

Follow
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Potential No. 1 overall pick Markelle Fultz will workout for the Boston Celtics on Tuesday at the team's practice facility.
1:57 PM - 4 Jun 2017
 747 747 Retweets   1,547 1,547 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Follow
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojVerticalNBA
Fultz is expected to undergo a physical and spend time meeting with top Boston officials over Monday and Tuesday too, sources said. https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/871470912234639360 …
1:59 PM - 4 Jun 2017
 349 349 Retweets   587 587 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

While there are no guarantees in the draft process, it would certainly appear that Fultz is going to be the guy here for the Celtics if they do indeed end up keeping the pick, and this meeting will be a chance for the two sides to get to know each other.

We'll likely get a report on how things went on Tuesday, but I can't imagine anything but praise coming from either camp.

bob
MY NOTE: TOMORROW!!!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:56 am

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Can't wait to hear the reports. Right now, he's the guy
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Who's the Better Prospect: Markelle Fultz or Ben Simmons? | Bleacher Report http://teamstre.am/2rKkr9A
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Nice article. Probably why PHI wants him
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:05 pm

I've been on the Fultz train for a while. From the start I had him as the clear no. 1 with Jackson and Tatum 2&3. Even on various trade scenarios threads I would offer up the 2018 pick in a hypothetical deal for a transcendent player but not the 2017 pick because I believe Fultz will be a transcendent player.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:25 pm

willjr wrote:I've been on the Fultz train for a while. From the start I had him as the clear no. 1 with Jackson and Tatum 2&3. Even on various trade scenarios threads I would offer up the 2018 pick in a hypothetical deal for a transcendent player but not the 2017 pick because I believe Fultz will be a transcendent player.

How do you feel about acquiring another draft pick, and getting Issac?
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:33 pm

All year long except for a brief glitch Fultz has been projected at #1.

He has one weakness on offense. He needs to become a better free throw shooter.

I am more intrigued by the second round.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Red, my son played HS ball with a current FSU player, a kid named Jarquez Smith. Smith says that Isaac is a good guy/teammate and is a hard worker. We're all familiar with the scouting report on him as well as his beanpole frame. For us, he could develop into a more athletic version of KO, with a higher defensive ceiling. Since he is projected top 6-8 the question becomes what would it take/willing to give up to acquire another pick in that range?
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Today, June 5, 2017; Markelle Fultz interviewed with Ainge, Stevens, various staff, and had his physical.

Tomorrow, June 6, 2017; Fultz will have his one-on-none pre-draft workout for The Celtics.

Thursday, June 22, 2017; Fultz will be selected first overall in the NBA draft by Boston.

No need to be able to predict the future here.  Preordained events don't involve prescience.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:38 pm

"he could develop into a more athletic version of KO"

And who couldn't develop into a more athletic version of KO?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:45 pm

worcester wrote:"he could develop into a more athletic version of KO"

And who couldn't  develop into a more athletic version of KO?

LMFAO!!!!! Right

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Danny and Markelle out for dinner.

Any restaurant that requires you to stand and look up at the menu is Danny's type of place.  He already has his own Chipotle Fresh card with his name on it.

https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin10/status/871896533205176322/photo/1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:41 am

And who couldn't  develop into a more athletic version of KO?

Oh boy we need a "like" button!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:12 am

KO: Sub off the bench, spot starter who can play team defense out to the 3-point line. Can shoot out to the three above league average. Sees the floor better than most guards, good assist to turnover ratio. Surprises everyone with an occasional dribble drive to the hoop for a slam. Today's poster boy for the stretch-4 position in today's NBA.

Just former Celtics, during their time in Kelly Green who could not do all that;

Glen (Big Baby) Davis, Jared (Fat Boy) Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, Dwight Powell, Vitor Faverani, Fab Melo, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma, Semih Erden, Troy Murphy, Nenad Krstic, Chris Johnson, Mikki Moore, Patrick O'Bryant, Kevinn Pinkney. That's just the last ten years.

Basically every player on our roster over 6-11 not named Kevin Garnett. I didn't include players like the two O'Neals, Sheed, Amir and the like because they were old when we got them and were not actually "developing".

Unless Kelly is packaged for someone spectacular, or some team offers him a poison pill contract, I expect that we'll see Kelly around these parts for quite a while.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 am

Isaac doesn't have Olynyk's passing vision, ball handling, or decision making. And his frame is extremely skinny, so he'll never be nearly as strong as KO.

But maybe Stevens would actually give Isaac a chance to play power forward, unlike Olynyk who got stuck at center for 4 years.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 am

gyso wrote:

KO: Sub off the bench, spot starter who can play team defense out to the 3-point line. Can shoot out to the three above league average. Sees the floor better than most guards, good assist to turnover ratio. Surprises everyone with an occasional dribble drive to the hoop for a slam. Today's poster boy for the stretch-4 position in today's NBA.

Just former Celtics, during their time in Kelly Green who could not do all that;

Glen (Big Baby) Davis, Jared (Fat Boy) Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, Dwight Powell, Vitor Faverani, Fab Melo, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma, Semih Erden, Troy Murphy, Nenad Krstic, Chris Johnson, Mikki Moore, Patrick O'Bryant, Kevinn Pinkney. That's just the last ten years.

Basically every player on our roster over 6-11 not named Kevin Garnett. I didn't include players like the two O'Neals, Sheed, Amir and the like because they were old when we got them and were not actually "developing".

Unless Kelly is packaged for someone spectacular, or some team offers him a poison pill contract, I expect that we'll see Kelly around these parts for quite a while.

gyso

I agree we should match any reasonable offer. As for Issac, maybe SAC (two picks) would take AB for the #5 pick, since they can't really get any younger. DET is looking to move their pick (#12), but he should be long gone by then. Does MN need to get younger? Hopefully Danny is kicking the tires on all these. Or, maybe Yabba will be ready this year.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 am

Rmbone wrote:Isaac doesn't have Olynyk's passing vision, ball handling, or decision making. And his frame is extremely skinny, so he'll never be nearly as strong as KO.

But maybe Stevens would actually give Isaac a chance to play power forward, unlike Olynyk who got stuck at center for 4 years.

Isaac is a pencil-thin 6'11" 205#.  He creates pace-and-space by being able to fit between atoms.  Brandon Ingram is an inch shorter and 10# lighter and he doesn't have NBA strength.  At least Ingram can shoot, is Isaac a shooter of Ingram's caliber?

I don't see Isaac as an NBA power forward.  He is never going to put on 30#+.  If he makes it, and he probably will, it will be as a 3 with the potential to be a Greek Freak type of point forward.  Do we really need another young 3?  If we do, then why not go for Jackson or Tatum?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 am

red16russ11 wrote:
gyso wrote:

KO: Sub off the bench, spot starter who can play team defense out to the 3-point line.  Can shoot out to the three above league average.  Sees the floor better than most guards, good assist to turnover ratio.  Surprises everyone with an occasional dribble drive to the hoop for a slam.  Today's poster boy for the stretch-4 position in today's NBA.

Glen (Big Baby) Davis, Jared (Fat Boy) Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, Dwight Powell, Vitor Faverani, Fab Melo, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma, Semih Erden, Troy Murphy, Nenad Krstic, Chris Johnson, Mikki Moore, Patrick O'Bryant, Kevinn Pinkney.  That's just the last ten years.

Basically every player on our roster over 6-11 not named Kevin Garnett.  I didn't include players like the two O'Neals, Sheed, Amir and the like because they were old when we got them and were not actually "developing".

gyso

I agree we should match any reasonable offer.  As for Issac, maybe SAC (two picks) would take AB for  the #5 pick, since they can't really get any younger.  DET is looking to move their pick (#12), but he should be long gone by then.  Does MN need to get younger?  Hopefully Danny is kicking the tires on all these.   Or, maybe Yabba will be ready this year.

Red,

The question boils down to "what is reasonable?".  For people who aren't just adamantly opposed to Kelly (I don't want to mention any names but Cowens and ktronic) anything over $12M/year seems to be their maximum acceptable threshold.  I would bet serious money he will be offered more than that, by someone.

A sign-and-trade is a possibility, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that the market is setting the price for Kelly and my money says it will be for more than $12M.  Kelly is a RFA, so Danny can afford to sit back and let offers come in so he can match them (even if it is for a trade) I'm just expecting a lot of people on this board underestimating what those offers will be for.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:13 am

I don't think Isaac has the quickness to defend starting NBA small forwards.

But he's actually 210 lbs, maybe slightly more by now. Thon Maker played decent minutes at center at 220 lbs last year, so Isaac should be able to play some PF if he's tough and can get up to 215 lbs.

He's definitely not as talented as Thon Maker, but our team does need more length at every position. I've said it before but I'd trade the #1 pick for Thon Maker, but i don't think the Bucks would do it. Maker can most definitely be a better version of Olynyk, with defense as good as Gobert or Porzingis, maybe better because Maker is much quicker than those guys.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:18 am

bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
gyso wrote:

KO: Sub off the bench, spot starter who can play team defense out to the 3-point line.  Can shoot out to the three above league average.  Sees the floor better than most guards, good assist to turnover ratio.  Surprises everyone with an occasional dribble drive to the hoop for a slam.  Today's poster boy for the stretch-4 position in today's NBA.

Glen (Big Baby) Davis, Jared (Fat Boy) Sullinger, Jordan Mickey, Dwight Powell, Vitor Faverani, Fab Melo, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma, Semih Erden, Troy Murphy, Nenad Krstic, Chris Johnson, Mikki Moore, Patrick O'Bryant, Kevinn Pinkney.  That's just the last ten years.

Basically every player on our roster over 6-11 not named Kevin Garnett.  I didn't include players like the two O'Neals, Sheed, Amir and the like because they were old when we got them and were not actually "developing".

gyso

I agree we should match any reasonable offer.  As for Issac, maybe SAC (two picks) would take AB for  the #5 pick, since they can't really get any younger.  DET is looking to move their pick (#12), but he should be long gone by then.  Does MN need to get younger?  Hopefully Danny is kicking the tires on all these.   Or, maybe Yabba will be ready this year.

Red,

The question boils down to "what is reasonable?".  For people who aren't just adamantly opposed to Kelly (I don't want to mention any names but Cowens and ktronic) anything over $12M/year seems to be their maximum acceptable threshold.  I would bet serious money he will be offered more than that, by someone.

A sign-and-trade is a possibility, of course, but that doesn't change the fact that the market is setting the price for Kelly and my money says it will be for more than $12M.  Kelly is a RFA, so Danny can afford to sit back and let offers come in so he can match them (even if it is for a trade) I'm just expecting a lot of people on this board underestimating what those offers will be for.

bob

I agree, bob, it will be north of 12 mill. And, isn't it only one offer? Once he signs an offer sheet, isn't it match it or lose him? Unless he agrees beforehand to a sign and trade. Once an offer comes in, Danny only has two choices.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:28 am

red16russ11 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
red16russ11 wrote:
gyso wrote:

gyso

Red,

bob

I agree, bob, it will be north of 12 mill.  And, isn't it only one offer?  Once he signs an offer sheet, isn't it match it or lose him?  Unless he agrees beforehand to a sign and trade.  Once an offer comes in, Danny only has two choices.

Russ,

Yes, once he signs an offer sheet it is match-or-lose. Also, once he signs an offer sheet you cannot do a sign-and-trade. There could be multiple offer sheets, however. He could sign one or not sign any. He might not sign an offer sheet because Danny will offer him the same $ and he wants to stay in Boston, or will offer him the same $ or more as part of a trade to a 3rd team who wants/needs the Celtics to take some salary back to make it work for them and that Kelly might prefer to sign with over the team who made the straight-up offer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 pm

Just read on hoopshype that Fultz will only work out for us.......Smile

red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:31 pm

We have reports that Fultz will only work out for Boston.  We also have a claim that Colangelo of Philly is trying to get a workout from him (requesting and getting are not the same thing) and that is feeding the rumor of a Boston-Philly deal.

Claim #1

http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/6/15745804/report-markelle-fultz-will-only-work-out-for-boston-celtics

There are no guarantees in the NBA, but Markelle Fultz’s decision to only work out for the Celtics suggests there may be mutual interest in Boston taking him with the number one pick.

by Greg Cassoli  

Jun 6, 2017, 10:40am EDT

The Markelle Fultz Thread - Page 2 Usa_today_9903805.0
James Snook-USA TODAY Sports

According to Philadelphia 76ers reporter, Keith Pompey, Markelle Fultz will only work out with the Boston Celtics. In so doing, Fultz, widely regarded as the likely number one pick, is adding to the growing speculation that Boston intends to draft him. Pompey broke the news via Twitter.

Follow
Keith Pompey ✔ @PompeyOnSixers
The #Sixers have workouts scheduled for every top prospect besides Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball. Fultz will only workout for #BostonCeltics
7:16 AM - 5 Jun 2017 · Camden, NJ
 109 109 Retweets   168 168 likes

Fultz has been projected atop mock draft boards for months, but Celtics President of Basketball Operations, Danny Ainge, is notoriously willing to buck convention for the right price. He will continue to evaluate other players, and conduct his due diligence on potential trades, but Fultz’s decision to participate in workouts only with Boston is an indication that the desire to see him play for the Celtics next year is mutual.

Fultz has already publicly shared his interest in being drafted by Boston, and while his enthusiasm is noteworthy, coming to a decision not to engage with other teams was likely contingent upon at least some level of assurance that the Celtics intend to take him. Enthusiasm alone is not a sound basis for such a choice.

Let’s be clear. This isn’t set in stone. There are no guarantees on what Boston will do with their pick. They don’t have to make that call until the day of the draft, and they would be foolish to make a public commitment to Fultz with so much time before that happens and so many variables in play.

For now we will be left to interpret the signs as they come. This one appears to be pointing towards the Celtics holding on to their pick, and taking Fultz. For a more detailed look at what adding him to the roster might entail, make sure to check out our “Markelle Fultz Week” content.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Claim #2

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/nba_draft_trade_rumors_sixers_working_out_markelle.html

NBA Draft trade rumors: Sixers working out Markelle Fultz? Celtics trading down for Dennis Smith Jr.?

Updated on June 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM

Posted on June 6, 2017 at 6:00 AM

The Markelle Fultz Thread - Page 2 22849610-mmmain
Washington Huskies guard Markelle Fultz (20) before the game against the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Events Center.
Washington Huskies guard Markelle Fultz (20) before the game against the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Events Center. (Ron Chenoy/USA Today Sports)

BY JOE GIGLIO jgiglio@njadvancemedia.com,

NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The countdown to the 2017 NBA Draft is upon us.

With less than three weeks to go until the Boston Celtics are on the clock with the No. 1 overall selection, it's time to talk about trades, mock drafts, projected lottery picks and where stars like Washington's Markelle Fultz, UCLA's Lonzo Ball and Kansas' Josh Jackson will land.

Here's the latest from around the NBA rumor mill--including the Sixers doing due diligence on Fultz and the Celtics possibly preparing to move down from the top overall spot in the draft.

Sixers working out Fultz?

Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo spoke about the team's interesting in trying to schedule a workout with the Washington star. With most projections featuring Fultz-to-Boston with the No. 1 pick, Philadelphia's interest here could lend itself to more rumors surrounding a potential trade up.

Follow
Derek Bodner ✔ @DerekBodnerNBA
Colangelo says they've talked to the representatives of Markelle Fultz to see about the possibility of working him out.
7:15 AM - 5 Jun 2017
 11 11 Retweets   29 29 likes

Recently, speculation centered around the Sixers sending a haul--including forward Dario Saric--to Boston in exchange for the right to take Fultz at the top of the first round.

Celtics preparing to trade down?

While Fultz landing in Boston still makes the most sense, the Eastern Conference's top seed is doing homework on a player that could be in the mix if a trade-down scenario plays itself out: North Carolina State point guard Dennis Smith Jr.

bob
MY NOTE:  I don't know anything about Dennis Smith Jr.  I know about Dario Saric and I know that trading for him, with 3 years left on his rookie contract, triggers my drool reflex.  He would obviously, clearly, obviate the need for the much more expensive Kelly Olynyk, which would allow Danny to do a sign-and-trade with Kelly for another quality player.

Another possibility is that Danny trades Philly's #3 pick for a player.  Should be able to get a high quality one for the #3 pick in a deeper than usual draft.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next