Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout

5 posters

Go down

Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout Empty Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Who knows if this is spin, misdirection or the truth.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-reportedly-not-sold-on-lonzo-ball-after-workout-jackson-fox-in-play/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout Empty Re: Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:30 pm

I heard it's Ball or Jackson.
Can't really go wrong either way
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout Empty Re: Lakers not sold on Lonzo Ball after workout

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:42 pm

I just wonder what this kid will do if he does not get drafted by LA. They have made it clear this is the only place he wants to be. This is what I have been referring to in other posts. Where does this stop? Where do they draw the line about picking and choosing?
There is a precedent being set here, what if it is 5 or 6 guys next year that only want to try out for certain teams Right now, they feel as if they are in the driver's seat and no one is saying anything.

Do you feel this is the way it is going to be? Is the Father partially responsible for this or does the kid have holes in his game.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:48 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I just wonder what this kid will do if he does not get drafted by LA. They have made it clear this is the only place he wants to be. This is what I have been referring to in other posts. Where does this stop? Where do they draw the line about picking and choosing?
There is a precedent being set here, what if it is 5 or 6 guys next year that only want to try out for certain teams Right now, they feel as if they are in the driver's seat and no one is saying anything.

Do you feel this is the way it is going to be? Is the Father partially responsible for this or does the kid have holes in his game.

Ball claims he'll play for whoever drafts him. It's dad that's the problem. I think it would be karmic if he ended up in SAC.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:05 pm

tjmakz wrote:Who knows if this is spin, misdirection or the truth.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-reportedly-not-sold-on-lonzo-ball-after-workout-jackson-fox-in-play/

TJ,

I don't see why LA would spin or misdirect. They have the #2 pick. The only team they have to worry about is us and I cannot see Danny picking Ball. Everybody else is behind them.

I have nothing against Lonzo but it would be karmic justice for LaVar.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Who knows if this is spin, misdirection or the truth.

TJ,

I don't see why LA would spin or misdirect.  They have the #2 pick.  The only team they have to worry about is us and I cannot see Danny picking Ball.  Everybody else is behind them.

I have nothing against Lonzo but it would be karmic justice for LaVar.

bob

Bob,

Phoenix really needs a small forward.
They have Knight, Bledsoe and Ulis as their pg's.
Would they want to move up to #2 to take Jackson or Tatum if they feel both will be off the board by #5?

Sacramento REALLY needs a pg. They have no point guards under contract for next season.
If Sacramento loves Fox and thinks LA or Philly could take him, they might want to move up to #2 or #3.

These are theories. But there's many reasons why LA would engage in misdirection.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:29 pm

SAC likes Fox...........that's the reason for all the rumors.
The rumor has it that SAC wants to move up to 3 to take Fox.
If BOS takes Fultz, and LAL takes Jackson...........PHI may be tempted to trade 3 for 5 and 10.
Tatum still on the board then for PHO at #4
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:56 pm

TJ who do you want Lakers to take? Is Ball worth the headaches? Or do you think they will block the father right out?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:TJ who do you want Lakers to take?  Is Ball worth the headaches? Or do you think they will block the father right out?

Rosalie,

That's a very good question.
I don't think any of the players in this draft class are potential superstars.
If Fultz is taken by Boston, I have been leaning very slightly toward Ball over Jackson.
Part of that is because of my doubts that Russell will be the Lakers pg of the future.
But, I could easily choose Jackson because he's super athletic, has a great motor, and seems to have point forward skills to his game.

If Lonzo goes to LA, I think his father might chill out.
His control over Lonzo will lessen dramatically when Lonzo has his own house and makes his own decisions.
His dad should not be a factor in the Lakers decision.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:36 pm

I predict that LA takes Jackson and Ball goes to philly.  For the historians out there how many times has the 1st 2nd or 3rd pick been traded

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:55 pm

dboss wrote:I predict that LA takes Jackson and Ball goes to philly.  For the historians out there how many times has the 1st 2nd or 3rd pick been traded

Dboss

Off the top of my head I can think of three times. I'll need to think more about it.
1. BOS traded Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagen to the St. Louis Hawks for the second pick in the draft - Bill Russell
2. BOS traded #1 pick to Golden State for Robert Parish and #3 - Kevin McHale.
3. CLE traded #1 overall pick, Andrew Wiggins, to MIN (plus other pieces) for Kevin Love
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:16 pm

More nonsense from Dad Delusional.
What a tool Lavar is.

http://lakerspulse.com/lavar-ball-thinks-boys-will-lakers/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Some excerpts from Lavar's newest comments.

“All my boys are gonna be one-and-done. Gelo [LiAngelo] is going [to] be one-and-done whether he’s good or bad,” LaVar said. “I’m going to put him in the draft, hope they don’t take him. Bring him into the Lakers as a free agent, let him wind up with his brother and watch how good they play together.”

“I’m going to do the same thing with Melo,” LaVar said. “And we get three of the Ball boys on the Lakers together, and we gonna go championship, championship, championship, championship, championship. You think I’m playing? You saw what they did in high school.”
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Will be LMAO if/when I hear:
"With the second pick in the 2017 NBA draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select....Josh Jackson from Kansas."

Would love that!!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:49 pm

that would be almost .....almost as good as hearing the Boston Celtics take?????

What a piece of work this guy is. I think he is delusional !!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:22 am

Just say no.

The guy has serious issues. The kid needs to get out of town. Philly may be a good fit.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 pm

http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-lavar-ball-believes-celtics-arent-good-fit-for-lonzo-ball/

Here’s Why LaVar Ball Believes Celtics Aren’t Good Fit For Lonzo Ball

by Joshua Schrock

on Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 6:29PM

Lonzo Ball is expected to be a top-five pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, and while he certainly has the talent to be the No. 1 overall selection, his father, LaVar Ball, doesn’t feel like that would be the best outcome for his son.

The Boston Celtics currently hold the top pick in the draft, but Lonzo Ball only has worked out for the Los Angeles Lakers, who own the No. 2 overall selection. LaVar Ball recently told CSNNE’s Kyle Draper and A. Sherrod Blakely he believes the Celtics would not be a good fit for Lonzo Ball.

“I think the Lakers are a better fit,” LaVar Ball said on the “Celtics Talk” podcast Friday. “They really don’t have a leader. Boston’s already went to the playoffs and they pretty much have a leader. It’s just being realistic. I think Markelle (Fultz) is a better fit for Boston, on the fact that he’s more of a scoring guy.

“So if you take ‘Zo, you’re going to have the ball in Isaiah (Thomas) or the other guard’s hands and ‘Zo would possibly slide over to the two at some point. But he’s a one. So just as a pure fit, you wouldn’t really know whose team it is if it’s in Boston. So the chemistry I think won’t be all that good, on the fact that you really don’t know whose team it is.”

LaVar Ball thinks the Lakers’ youth would allow Lonzo Ball to lead the team. “Now going straight to the Lakers, they are super young. You know it’s Lonzo’s team,” LaVar Ball said.

Of course, LaVar Ball also has a pretty crazy plan to get all three of his sons to play for the Lakers, so this probably is all part of his idea to “speak it into existence.”

bob
MY NOTE: If Lonzo was the Blake Griffin or LeBron James of this draft, a player that was clearly FAR superior to the #2 and #3 and every other pick, then what he's doing might make sense and work. But Lonzo isn't. Fultz is, and has been, the consensus #1 pick all year. Jackson and Tatum are also considered hot prospects for teams that could use someone at their position. Therefore, the possibility of Lonzo being picked further down just because there are other players of comparable quality is quite real. Add the uncertainty and concern injected into all this by LaVar's mouth and Lonzo's position becomes even more precarious.

In fact, if LaVar's primary goals are to have his boys play close to home (LA) and in a large media market (once again, LA) then he is hurting his boy. Phoenix doesn't need another point guard. Sacramento does but that is not a big media market. Philly is a smaller media market. Orlando is even smaller (and they have Elf Payton). Lonzo would have to drop down to 8th, to the Knicks, for LaVar to get his wish of having his son on a team that needs a point guard and is a big media market.

Lastly, think of what current player, on the Lakers whose initials is D.R., is thinking of LaVar's comments about how the Lakers lack leadership at the point guard position. After June 22nd comes and goes Lonzo is going to have to work with these people. He's going to have to work with management and coaches and his teammates and LaVar is just increasing the incline.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:21 pm

It would be karmic if he ended up in SAC
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246213/Lakers-Concerned-By-Lonzo-Balls-Conditioning

Lakers Concerned By Lonzo Ball's Conditioning
JUN 11, 2017 8:35 PM

The Los Angeles Lakers were impressed by many of the qualities of Lonzo Ball during his workout this week, but they were concerned with his conditioning. Some observers viewed Ball as being out of shape.

Ball acknowledged that the “drills get you tired, so you got to stay focused.”

The Lakers are considering drafting Ball with the second overall pick.

Ball struggled during his NCAA Tournament matchup against fellow lottery pick De'Aaron Fox.

MARK MEDINA/LOS ANGELES DAILY NEWS

bob
MY NOTE: Welcome to Sacramento, Lonzo.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 am

Best thing for his kid emotionally and professionally would be to get the hell out of town!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:24 pm

I am sure Fran is correct about this.

Fran Fraschilla: The lying has begun. Do not believe a word from “sources” about which NBA teams like what players. It’s all misdirection at this point. Bobby Marks: The ultimate smokescreen in the next 10 days. –  via Twitter BobbyMarks42
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:26 pm

tjmakz wrote:I am sure Fran is correct about this.

Fran Fraschilla: The lying has begun. Do not believe a word from “sources” about which NBA teams like what players. It’s all misdirection at this point. Bobby Marks: The ultimate smokescreen in the next 10 days. –  via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Of course not. That's not their job. Their job is about smokescreens. Danny is probably being coy to "up" the ante on the #1 pick.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down