wideclyde
fierce
kdp59
gyso
worcester
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NBA Free Agency: Paul George reportedly informs Pacers he will leave in 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Free Agency: Paul George reportedly informs Pacers he will leave in 2018

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:what a kick in the teeth from George. I guess they knew it all along, but he has been flaunting his love for the Lakers since the season ended.  Why keep him now? Get rid of him, trade him anywhere, but get rid of him. How will the fans deal with this if he takes the floor for the Pacers, it could be very ugly.  Knowing he is going, how can they root for him to succeed in building his stats.  

This is going to happen more and more. The NBA,, with their "great" contract, is going to have more guys jumping than ever before. This is not a good thing.

Bring back the days of loyalty and pride. These guys don't have it today

Rosie I was thinking that George did a really good thing by turning in his notice 12 months in advance. So many times we have seen great players like Lebron or Durant keep their teams in suspense until the last possible minute where the team is left out in the cold.

At least Indiana has ample time to find a trade partner. George gave them that opportunity.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA Free Agency: Paul George reportedly informs Pacers he will leave in 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: NBA Free Agency: Paul George reportedly informs Pacers he will leave in 2018

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:what a kick in the teeth from George. I guess they knew it all along, but he has been flaunting his love for the Lakers since the season ended.  Why keep him now? Get rid of him, trade him anywhere, but get rid of him. How will the fans deal with this if he takes the floor for the Pacers, it could be very ugly.  Knowing he is going, how can they root for him to succeed in building his stats.  

This is going to happen more and more. The NBA,, with their "great" contract, is going to have more guys jumping than ever before. This is not a good thing.

Rosie I was thinking that George did a really good thing by turning in his notice 12 months in advance.  So many times we have seen great players like Lebron or Durant keep their teams in suspense until the last possible minute where the team is left out in the cold.

At least Indiana has ample time to find a trade partner.  George gave them that opportunity.

dboss

dboss,

I agree, I think George meant well. He certainly did the Pacers a bigger favor than Ray Allen or Tony Allen did for us. Where this turned south is when someone (who?) leaked that George said that to Indy management. If that was George or someone in his camp (and that includes his agent), then shame on them. If it was someone in the Pacers organization then they need to find that person and fire their ass because they just cost the Pacers organization and their fans big.

Paul Pierce effectively told Danny and Wyc the same thing in the summer of 2007. "Either trade me while I still have value or surround me with players that will let us compete for a championship". NONE of us heard about that until well after the Allen and KG deals were done, maybe not until after we had already won the championship. While it is not as firm as "I'm gone" it would have put Danny over a barrel because everybody would have known he was desperate to deal, one way or the other.

Loose lips sink ships.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 am

how are fans supposed to react to something like this? Say you are a seasons ticket holder and this happens to the major player on your team? How do you root for him?
This blows such a hole in their lineup. I truly understand where he is coming from, a couple of years ago they were on a 33=? run at the beginning of the season. Everyone had them beating or at least competing with Cleveland. Then they fell apart, at the end of the season Hibbert was traded (no great loss as far as I am concerned) and they win a game.

Geogre got hurt before the season with that horrendous broken leg and ????
So I do truly understand where he is coming from.

The question is: what do you do with him? Ride him for a year and then lose him?
Trade him now or at the trade deadline? Who takes him on a rental? LA Lakers or the LA Clippers because that is where he declares he wants to be. I

If this continues to happen in the NBA what a mess we are going to end up with. That is my point Good luck to him, he is a terrific player
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:58 am

Now I am reading where the Cavs may be interested in Butler. Not sure the Bulls have the hots for Love. Butler is under contract for 3 more years at $18.6, $19.8 and a player option at $19.8 million.

The Cavs are trying to re-invent themselves because they know that they cannot beat the Warriors. Adding Butler will not get them there. The Cavs find themselves in a situation where they cannot add any high end talent because of the salary cap.

Boston needs to be very careful not to blow away their cap space.

Danny has will have an open spot without having to move any of their core.

We all agree that out frontline needs to be upgraded. We cannot really expect our 2 rookies from last year to fill the void although I think that they will help. Bottom line is that we need to add a quality PF to the mix. If Boston cannot get Griffin I do not see them doing anything this year. The idea that we could get AD is really remote but not totally impossible. It would cost us probably 4 first rounders including the golden egg as well as a combination of 2 of our core players plus fillers to make the salary work.

It would be the ultimate block buster deal.

Back to reality. how's the weather?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm

So, if Bulls are not supposedly in love with Love, we know Danny is. Three way deal????
I hope not, I am not so sure Love is the answer for this team.

Interesting next few days? weeks?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:

Rosie I was thinking that George did a really good thing by turning in his notice 12 months in advance.  So many times we have seen great players like Lebron or Durant keep their teams in suspense until the last possible minute where the team is left out in the cold.

At least Indiana has ample time to find a trade partner.  George gave them that opportunity.

dboss

dboss,

I agree, I think George meant well.  He certainly did the Pacers a bigger favor than Ray Allen or Tony Allen did for us.  Where this turned south is when someone (who?) leaked that George said that to Indy management.  If that was George or someone in his camp (and that includes his agent), then shame on them.  If it was someone in the Pacers organization then they need to find that person and fire their ass because they just cost the Pacers organization and their fans big.

Paul Pierce effectively told Danny and Wyc the same thing in the summer of 2007.  "Either trade me while I still have value or surround me with players that will let us compete for a championship".  NONE of us heard about that until well after the Allen and KG deals were done, maybe not until after we had already won the championship.  While it is not as firm as "I'm gone" it would have put Danny over a barrel because everybody would have known he was desperate to deal, one way or the other.

Loose lips sink ships.

bob

It does not really matter who leaked the information.  I think PG wanted the world to know.  In today's environment there is no way to keep that information under the table especially when you consider that PG13 has been in the news quite a bit lately.

When players have been in an organization for a number of years and see no pathway to the championship they are looking to change their zip code.

The fans will not be happy and the Pacers organization will be best served if they move him over the summer and be done with it. They will not get full value and if his intentions to play in LA are set in stone there are virtually no real options available.

Yes it sucks for the Pacers and their fans.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:26 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So, if Bulls are not supposedly in love with Love, we know Danny is.  Three way deal????
I hope not, I am not so sure Love is the answer for this team.  

Interesting next few days? weeks?

I do not think the Cavs and Bulls can pull off a trade like this unless a third team enters into the mix. Love would help on the glass and is an excellent shooter however the Celtics would have to part with players and draft picks to make a deal work. Also once that deal is done you still have to resign IT, etc so there would be no other max deals left.

The Cavs find themselves in a trick bag and the Bulls are stuck somewhere in the middle.

Screw em'

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2