NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George

5 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George Empty NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 pm

NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George

Read more at:

http://nesn.com/2017/06/nba-rumors-heres-the-celtics-offer-to-pacers-for-paul-george-trade/

NESN - by Cameron McDonough on Tue, Jun 27, 2017

The Boston Celtics reportedly are hoping to make a splash once NBA free agency starts. The C’s have a plan in place to acquire soon-to-be free agent Gordon Hayward and then trade with the Indiana Pacers for Paul George, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski. There was a lot of news in Wojnarowski’s report, but one thing that still wasn’t clear was what the potential George deal would include. Well, that was until Adam Kaufman of WBZ News Radio and 98.5 The Sports Hub tweeted out this information:

So, the current plan, according to Kaufman, is to send the recently acquired first-round pick they received from the Philadelphia 76ers, either the 2019 Memphis Grizzlies or Los Angeles Clippers’ protected first-round pick, Jae Crowder and a money filler to the Pacers. All three draft picks are part of the treasure chest of assets president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has acquired. But Indiana reportedly doesn’t want to wait until after the C’s sign Hayward, so this still very much is in flux.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Unless George signs a multi year deal, don't do the deal.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Here’s Celtics’ Trade Offer To Pacers For Paul George

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

I don't mind one of them, but do we need both?

If we get both and get rid of Crowder, we would then have 4 very good players at SF, but not enough minutes for everybody. I think I would rather have Hayward, we sign him and we could still keep all our picks, if we make the trade for PG, we lose some chips that could be really huge long term. If we sign both, how we gonna sign other players that are already on team, they'll need to be paid at some level too. I hope Jaylen and Jayson are untouchable.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:43 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I don't mind one of them, but do we need both?

If we get both and get rid of Crowder, we would then have 4 very good players at SF, but not enough minutes for everybody. I think I would rather have Hayward, we sign him and we could still keep all our picks, if we make the trade for PG, we lose some chips that could be really huge long term. If we sign both, how we gonna sign other players that are already on team, they'll need to be paid at some level too. I hope Jaylen and Jayson are untouchable.

Cow,

Welcome to Small Ball Heaven, also known as Big Man Hell.  LOL.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Cowan,

I agree with your thought process.

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Position-less basketball.

IT, Brown, Hayward, George, and Horford.

Tatum and Smart off the bench.

That's one hell of a top 7.

Zizic will be the 8th man.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:22 pm

My understanding - If the Celtics want to pay (can afford) the luxury tax - then a player like Thomas will be available via the "Larry Bird " rule.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm

swish wrote:  My understanding -  If the Celtics want to pay (can afford) the luxury tax - then a player like Thomas will be available via the "Larry Bird " rule.

swish

True.

But to keep the Larry Bird exception, the Celts must not renounce Thomas.

Not renouncing Thomas also means Thomas has a cap hold.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm

If they were to get George - I would expect either George or Tatum to be gone - along with other chips.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:31 pm

swish wrote: If they were to get George  - I would expect either George or Tatum to be gone - along with other chips.

swish

Tatum's not included.

Here:

Adam Kaufman ✔ @AdamMKaufman I'm told #Celtics offer to IND for George is LAL/SAC pick from PHI, '19 MEM OR LAC pick, Crowder, $$ filler (Zeller pop name, Bradley poss). 3:07 AM - 28 Jun 2017

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/06/nba-rumors-heres-the-celtics-offer-to-pacers-for-paul-george-trade/
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:56 pm

112288 wrote:Cowan,

I agree with your thought process.

Rich its Cowens not Cowan get it together Lol

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 am

Cowens

I'm loosing it! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down