Sam
jeb
cowens/oldschool
RosalieTCeltics
11 posters

Go down

Ray Allen! Empty Ray Allen!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:59 pm

I know I have written several (?) posts about the value of Ray Allen to this team. I think he has proved it over the second half of the season. But, just watching him tonight sends chills down my spine thinking about those of you out there who wanted to trade Ray at midseason. I have been a staunch supporter of his since his arrival. My
problem with Ray is that this team never really got into the groove of looking for him on a consistent basis. Anyway, his performance in this series has bolstered my belief that he should be resigned at the end of the year. I believe he would make a great sixth man off the bench if they find quality player to take his starting position. Anyway, I am delighted at his performance tonight and throughout this half of the year. He is one of the most important members of this team.

GO CELTICS!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Ray Allen! Empty Re: Ray Allen!

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 am

Rosy I'd say he made up for the missed FT's,agreed we have to resign him....wishing we could get D Wade.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 am

rosalie you always kept the faith
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 am

Rosalie, I wonder if, by not being the routine number one option, Ray often gains the split second of separation that spells the difference between a make a miss for him. If he became "the man" for the bench unit, the coverage on him might be tougher.

He sure has been great lately. A real pro.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 am

he dont need much of a window right now. He is releasing the ball dead quick and they are goin in. He played damn good defense on wade too...with him goin and pp we lookin pretty strong. Cavs are very tough but not unbeatable. Rondo needs to put the same clamps on williams he did on the heats guys and we got to hope they call it fair or at least not jordan bad.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 am

Somethings gotta be done were so many blatantly bad wrong calls that should have been no calls,if next series is called like that we have no chance......its outta control how much control these refs had.One bad call after another all night,then your at their mercy,somebodies gotta send the game tape of all these fockin wrong calls to Stern himself.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:18 am

The game tonight was so poorly officiated that they really leave themselves wide open to criticism from fans everywhere. That first half was horrible. There were two ridiculous calls on Ray, and those last two on KG we terrible also. Wade walked all over the floor tonight with the ball, and committed more fouls than he was credited for. He should have fouled out in the fourth quarter. But..this is not for us to worry about because Miami is gone and they have bigger fish to fry in Cleveland. Jeb-you are right, Rondo has to stop laying off of these opposition's point guard. He has gotten away with it put until now, what happens in the future is only a guessing game.

Sam- maybe you are right, although there are many times when the ball doesn't touch Ray's hands until the second quarter. He definitely has suffered from Doc's game plan in these past three years. So he really is not the first option in my point of view, Pierce is and Rondo is fast becoming one of the first options. My only problem with him coming off the bench is that he will play much fewer minutes. This could lead, that is t to disaster. He played 40 plus minutes tonight that is tough to keep on doing even if you are in the shape he is in. Sure-D-Wade would look good in green, but we will not eve be able to afford him. This is going to be an interesting off season, I will say that.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 am

Rosalie

For what its worth I don't think ray's going anywhere. He's still got game for a year or 2.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 am

Rosalie,

Ray isn't going anywhere IMO. He shows little or no aging compared to the other big 3 guys. He still gets his shot off quicker than just about anyone and plays good defense. Why would he come off the bench? Besides maybe D Wade who would be better?

With the exception of the late 3rd quarter last night the C's showed they are worthy of major concern for the Cav's. Let the games begin.

Did anyone watch on NBA TV and get all the disrespect from Rich Kamla on Tommy last night?

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 am

Hoop

Rich Kamla is a fool.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

Hoopdeedoo wrote:Rosalie,

Ray isn't going anywhere IMO. He shows little or no aging compared to the other big 3 guys. He still gets his shot off quicker than just about anyone and plays good defense. Why would he come off the bench? Besides maybe D Wade who would be better?

With the exception of the late 3rd quarter last night the C's showed they are worthy of major concern for the Cav's. Let the games begin.

Did anyone watch on NBA TV and get all the disrespect from Rich Kamla on Tommy last night?

Hoop

Hoop,

Regarding Ray, I couldn't have said it any better than you.

I will add that the only viable means to replace Ray as a starter comes from two possibilities.

First, we can sign a 2-guard using the full MLE. What does 6mil per get for shooting guards these days? Artest, Ariza, etc. Not enough to replace Ray and not enough to move him to the bench, considering how well he has been playing. Ray seems to have plenty left in the tank. IMO.

Second, we could do a sign-and-trade with Ray, which sends him to another team (to the Heat for DWade for example). With this scenario, Ray is gone and won't be coming off our bench. Any S&T with Ray probably requires his approval before the deal, at least that is how I would want it if I was the team getting Ray.

It's hard to tell what will happen, it is going to be an interesting summer, that's for sure!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

Rosalie,
Be honest: do you substitute "?" for "hundred"?
Very Happy

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 am

gyso,

Interesting summer? You are not usually accused of understatements but I think you hit the nail on the head.

Whatever happens this post season I remain Ray Allen's #2 supporter (behind only Rosalie, of course!).

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't think it would be necessary for Ray to come off the bench next season and beyond, but I do think that if we had a serviceable replacement, it would be beneficial to both Ray and the team to have him come off the bench. I think Sam or someone posted earlier in the season that Ray had the best +/- while playing with the bench over any of the other starters. KG and Paul will be another year older, and as someone already mentioned before, are already beginning to show their age. I think we can still win with them, but I do think we need to have a solid bench in order to give them as much rest as possible.

With the condition that Ray keeps himself in, if his minutes were reduced to 20-25/game, I think he might be able to play into his 40's and still be effective. Of course this scenario only helps the team if we could sign another good shooting guard. I have no idea who that could be though...
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Kelly, I think I posted back when the combination of Wallace, House, Daniels, Williams and Ray was +35 for the year and the combination of Wallace, House, Daniels, Williams and Pierce was -21 for the year.

Of course, times have changed, with House being gone and Daniels and Williams virtually never playing now. But back when that combination existed, the only variable was Pierce versus Ray.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:48 pm

I very rarely see Ray take a "bad" shot. He seems to let the game come to him.

I think Pierce gets too focused on carrying the load sometimes.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:04 pm

My suggestion for Ray going to the bench was made only with the thought that maybe we could find a young, defensive minded two guard who could possibly shoot, though I don't expect anyone to be as good as Ray. Youth
seems to be a common topic for this team. I still feel Ray can run the best of them off the court! His shot selection is excellent. His misses come mostly from being given the ball in the wrong spots. What is going to be out there in free agency puzzles me. I would like to start getting younger, but not by giving up
Ray Allen.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:53 am

Rosalie: Is it too soon to start grooming Walker Allen to take over for his DAD? (LOL)-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:25 pm

No - I am watching for Ray JR!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down