steve3344
fierce
kdp59
bobc33
Ktronic1
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ITS Done! Its done! - Page 2 Empty Re: ITS Done! Its done!

Post by beat Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Until we see what happens with that Nets pick saying this is a win or a loss is very premature.  Getting the best player usually means you win the trade.

Right now I am reluctantly accepting this.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm not happy having traded that much value away. I do feel like we have done the Cavs a favor.

On the other hand, I do like what we have. Adding Kyrie, Ainge clearly sees him as an elite, top player in the NBA and adding him to excellent 2nd and 3rd stars in Hayward and Horford makes a strong immediate foundation. Moving Crowder opens up opportunities for Brown, Smart and Tatum, all of whom could have better seasons than Crowder. Rozier could see more opportunity as well. While losing the Brooklyn pick hurts, we still have the rights to the Laker/King pick, the future Memphis pick, the possible non-lottery Clippers pick, and all our future picks as well as some other young interesting players who will get the chance to audition this year.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Now we root for Brooklyn!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Huge gamble for Danny. Second big gamble the summer (1st was trading the #1). It's not at all clear this team will win more than last year's team. If it wins less, I could see fans turning on Kyrie, and I could see Kyrie not handling that well. It's not clear Kyrie is the better player. Yeah, he's taller and younger, but stats (advanced and otherwise) say IT was better last year (1st yr he really had the chance to carry a team). Say what you will about stats, but they at least strive for objectivity. Jae has one of the best contracts in the nba, and could mentor the kids. Zizic probably would have gone top 13 had he been drafted this year, and I would be shocked if the nets are not one of the 5 worst teams going into a loaded draft. If Kyrie doesn't work out, and Fultz significantly outshines Tatum, Danny will have really changed his legacy. I wonder if there is something we don't know going on, because this seems out of character for Danny????

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:12 pm

If we had taken Fultz, we likely wouldn't have targeted Kyrie.
Fultz, IT, Brooklyn 18, Zizic, Crowder
vs
Kyrie, Tatum, Lakers18/Kingsixers19

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Felger Claims the first offer was IT, Crowder, Dancing Bear, Rozier

I really hate this guy. He is dying for Danny to fall on his face. This is
really disgusting.

Did anyone listen to Scal last night? What do you think, did he hate the
trade or what? Felger making a big deal about Scal not like the trade and
could not say it because he is a green teamer
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Rosalie,
Please stop paying attention to this moron who tries to branch from football into basketball without a thorough knowledge of the game and NBA. But even in football he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about more times than he does.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

The trouble is, he has the market covered here in Boston. Everyone knows he is biased in his views, but basically is the only game in town to get the info, biased or not. Comcast is to blame for this, they think he is great because he gets the idiots to call in. Now he has not only the radio, but the television Last night he was dying for someone to rip the Celtics.
I know it is money, but why they have to be on a channel that is so anti celtic is beyond me
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Felger is just anti anything. I don't listen to him

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Scal just hated to be called

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm

The Nets are a much improved team and there are a number of teams in the NBA in full tank mode

Orlando, Chicago, Indiana, Phoenix - the Knicks are bad, New Orleans is bad, Utah took a step back, no proof the Lakers will be any better.  There is a good chance this pick becomes 5, 6, 7 in a very thin draft class where there are only 2 or 3 legit prospects.

Personal love for IT aside, this is a great deal for the Celtics.  Golden State isnt ready to give it up yet, so the Celtics need to build for the next 4, 5, 6+ years.  They get to develop Tatum, Brown, Semi - see what they have in Smart and Rozier and the best years for Hayward and Kyrie are ahead of them.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 6 hours ago
So after all of that draft drama, the Celtics DID acquire a No. 1 pick point guard this offseason.
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE: Uh, yeah, but not for nothing...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 pm

"Cleveland made out like bandits."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729004-cleveland-made-out-like-bandits-nba-insiders-love-kyrie-deal-for-cavs?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 pm

"The Celtics got fleeced..."

http://www.12up.com/posts/5435357-the-celtics-got-fleeced-by-the-cavaliers-in-kyrie-it-trade?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=FBADS&utm_campaign=US1577

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm

According to ESPN.com's Dave McMenamin, Irving waived his 15 percent trade kicker, which would have paid him an additional $5.8 million, to clear the way for a deal that sent him to the Celtics in exchange for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, the Brooklyn Nets' 2018 first-round pick and Ante Zizic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728968-kyrie-irving-reportedly-waived-trade-kicker-to-facilitate-celtics-deal
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Danny is a cold blooded assassin. Now we'll also see how good a gambler/GM he is?

Like the way Jordan or Bird or Roberto Duran would smell blood, then go for the jugular, that's Danny as a GM.

those boyish looks hide an absolute disregard for whats right or niceness or loyalty. He will do whatever he feels is in his right to advance his teams cause, if its coldblooded, so be it. I remember reading back in the day an article at a Celtics Christmas party, Bird and McHale were injured in casts, and Danny was egging on Red to trade Larry to the Pacers and McHale to the Sonics or Mavs for a combination of players and draft picks. Red wouldn't budge, he wanted them to eventually retire with the franchise. Danny was pleading, you can't wait any longer, now is the time. If that was me, no way would I trade Bird and McHale after all they bled green and were the whole FRANCHISE.....sure didn't matter to Danny.

Could this trade work out? Were obviously going to find out. Either way Cavs are fully loaded with more depth than ever and a possible lottery pick. I'm gonna be sick if a young Ayton or Porter is playing with and learning from Lebron next year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Danny is a cold blooded assassin. Now we'll also see how good a gambler/GM he is?

Like the way Jordan or Bird or Roberto Duran would smell blood, then go for the jugular, that's Danny as a GM.

those boyish looks hide an absolute disregard for whats right or niceness or loyalty. He will do whatever he feels is in his right to advance his teams cause, if its coldblooded, so be it. I remember reading back in the day an article at a Celtics Christmas party, Bird and McHale were injured in casts, and Danny was egging on Red to trade Larry to the Pacers and McHale to the Sonics or Mavs for a combination of players and draft picks. Red wouldn't budge, he wanted them to eventually retire with the franchise. Danny was pleading, you can't wait any longer, now is the time. If that was me, no way would I trade Bird and McHale after all they bled green and were the whole FRANCHISE.....sure didn't matter to Danny.

Could this trade work out? Were obviously going to find out. Either way Cavs are fully loaded with more depth than ever and a possible lottery pick. I'm gonna be sick if a young Ayton or Porter is playing with and learning from Lebron next year.

There's a very big chance that you will not be sick.

Guys like Jimmy Butler and Paul George are now in the western conference.

The eastern conference is very weak right now.

So the Nets will most likely win 30 games and the 2018 Nets pick will most likely fall out of the top 5.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 pm

fierce wrote:

There's a very big chance that you will not be sick.

Guys like Jimmy Butler and Paul George are now in the western conference.

The eastern conference is very weak right now.

So the Nets will most likely win 30 games and the 2018 Nets pick will most likely fall out of the top 5.

Totally agree.

And even if you dont like the deal, what educated basketball mind thinks the Celtics got fleeced? Stop.

DA traded a player he was NOT going to resign to a max deal, a redundant SF who would be taking minutes away from Tatum and Brown, and a likely position 5-8 pick for a 10 year run with a perennial all star/mvp candidate.

And in case you forgot, the Celtics have another high pick next year that DA just stole from the Sixers in the Tatum deal.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 pm

It really didn't help when Thomas kept talking about the "Brink's truck".

The Celtics guard is looking for a team to 'back up the Brink's truck' next summer when he's a free agent

He's said before that whoever wants to sign him will have to "back up the Brink's truck" in order to do so, and Monday, he brought that quote to life with a pair of custom made sandals that featured a Brink's truck on one foot and a pile of money on the other.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/look-isaiah-thomas-shows-off-custom-brinks-truck-sandals/
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Kleen no question our team will be improved, we are young with great young talent and 2 all stars at/reaching their peak. Agree Kyrie much more talented than IT, however Cavs got a great deal too....glad we still have another shot at a very high pick from Sixers deal.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:15 pm

To be clear about the pick from the Sixers, we get it this year ONLY if the Lakers are 2-5.  If not then the only pick this year is ours.  There are a number of teams that are trying to lose this year.  The Lakers are not one of them.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 am

bobheckler wrote:To be clear about the pick from the Sixers, we get it this year ONLY if the Lakers are 2-5.  If not then the only pick this year is ours.  There are a number of teams that are trying to lose this year.  The Lakers are not one of them.

bob

If the Lakers were in the eastern conference then I think the pick would fall outside the top 5.
But in the west, no way the Lakers will fall out of the top 5.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:09 pm

I have read all of the above articles and couldn't disagree more. So, according to the articles, a worst case scenario for us would be IF:
The Cavs win in 2018
BOTH IT and LeBron re-sign with the Cavs
The BKN pick nets them a top 2 talent.............?????

Lot of "ifs" there...this is laughable.
IT may not even start if Rose is healthy. Crowder will be fine for them, and, as many have already said, ATL, NYK, ORL, CHI and IND will all stink this year in the East, while in the West LAL, SAC and PHO will still be awful. That LAL pick may end up being better than the BKN pick this year. Kudos to Danny!!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:21 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
As one source involved in the process involving Thomas' medical clearance told ESPN late Friday night, "It's a very sensitive situation."
8:10 PM · Aug 25, 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  It might not be done.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:27 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
As one source involved in the process involving Thomas' medical clearance told ESPN late Friday night, "It's a very sensitive situation."
8:10 PM · Aug 25, 2017

bob
MY NOTE:  It might not be done.

There's no way that trade is not going to get done.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum