kdp59
sinus007
bobheckler
red16russ11
tjmakz
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kyrie Irving is worth some extra compensation  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyrie Irving is worth some extra compensation

Post by swish Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 pm

NYCelt wrote:
tjmakz wrote:FYI, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

...and that includes here.

It's all just conjecture* at this point folks.

No one really knows who knew what and when.

---------------
*con·jec·ture

/kənˈjekCHər/

noun: conjecture; plural noun: conjectures

1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

synonyms: speculation, guesswork, surmise, fancy, presumption, assumption, theory, postulation, supposition; More
inference, (an) extrapolation;

NYCelt

I doubt very much that your position of neutrality will be acknowledged by most - as loyalty to ones team will drive many to continue the exchange of opinions ( some heated )

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving is worth some extra compensation  - Page 2 Empty Re: Kyrie Irving is worth some extra compensation

Post by pete Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:42 pm

www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/08/murphy_cavs_have_not_contacted_celtics_about_isaiah_thomas_concerns
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:47 pm

pete wrote:www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/08/murphy_cavs_have_not_contacted_celtics_about_isaiah_thomas_concerns

Pete,
You've missed a "w" in the link. Therefore it doesn't show up as a clickable link.
Also, I believe it (no demands from Cle, no response from Boston) has already been reported by others.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:I didnt see that IT failed the exam, all I have read is that the Cavs think his recovery will take longer than they were comfortable with.

If he did fail the exam and is damaged goods, that is different.  But if they simply have a different plan of action on how to handle injury X vs the Celtics, that is not failing the exam.

Any player that is injured would fail the exam.
Everyone knew IT would not pass the exam because he is injured.
It's a matter of Cleveland accepting the results and treatment timetable or not accepting them.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm

swish wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
tjmakz wrote:FYI, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

...and that includes here.

It's all just conjecture* at this point folks.

No one really knows who knew what and when.

---------------
*con·jec·ture

/kənˈjekCHər/

noun: conjecture; plural noun: conjectures

1. an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

synonyms: speculation, guesswork, surmise, fancy, presumption, assumption, theory, postulation, supposition; More
inference, (an) extrapolation;

NYCelt

I doubt very much that your position of neutrality will be acknowledged by most - as loyalty to ones team will drive many to continue the exchange of opinions ( some heated )

swish

Swish,

I'm sure you're right.

I was just stating that there are a lot of jumped to conclusions on this.  This and another active trade thread are great examples of one reason why we recently wrote our State of the Forum.  Everyone has an opinion, and this is a place to express it.  But then it's time to get off one's high-horse because it is just opinion, and not backed by fact.  Everyone is invited to express their best guess, but no one here gets the right to ram their opinion down another's throat.  My reminder that it's all conjecture at this point was because we're starting to see some examples of a few getting a little overbearing.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Leave the Kyrie, take the Brooklyn 2018 pick!

Everyone had access to the IT medical file MRI's other reports by top flight Boston doctors, so you do not need to physically examine a person to determine if the injury is bad or really bad.

This is a prime example of Cleveland trying to make lemon aid out of what was just a lemon.

Danny would be a dope to add anything more then a 2nd round pick!

As for the Celtic players, they are getting paid as professionals, they know the business aspects of the game, get over it!  Actually they should feel a sense of value that Cleveland wanted them in such a blockbuster deal.  It sets them up for their next contract.

As for IT, if he knows he is not ready and it may take 3-4 months to get well enough to play...........he should know that Danny cannot impose such a handicap on the rest of the team members, and so he should not act so surprised as to what happened being traded!

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 pm

First, on IT failing his physical. If he did or would fail a physical at this point in time in Cleveland it only makes sense to me that he would fail a physical in Boston right now as well. Ainge admitted that Thomas may not be fully ready to go by the start of training camp so it is not a surprise that Thomas is not ready for either team's training camp especially when training camp doesn't even start for another month.

Second, both teams need to make this trade happen for different reasons in both cities that have been well mentioned in all of these forum pages. Zizic can come back comfortably, but neither Thomas or Crowder can return at this point just as Irving cannot play even another minute in Cleveland.

Third, to make the trade happen perhaps the teams exchange #1 picks (but not the Lakers pick) where Cleveland gets one in 2019 (the Cs have 3) and the Cs get one from Cleveland in four years when the Cs only have one first round pick.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 37 minutes ago
Woj also reports that Celtics and Cavs resumed negotiations today, but Cavs will settle for a late 1st or second rounder.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up sinus,

Here is the main point of the Herald article:

Murphy: Cavaliers have not contacted Celtics about Isaiah Thomas concerns

If Cleveland really does want more in exchange for Kyrie Irving, the Celtics don’t know the specifics.

There has been no contact between the two teams since multiple reports surfaced that the Cavaliers, alarmed by the results of Isaiah Thomas’ physical last Friday, now want more for Irving.

The Celtics are said to have no contingency plan in place, due to the lack of contact between the teams, and no plan to either include another asset to make the trade go through or to draw a line and refuse further compensation.

The Cavs, who have not expressed dissatisfaction to the Celtics, let alone make an alternative demand, have until tomorrow morning to void the deal. The sides can also agree to extend the deadline.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:41 pm

pete wrote:Thanks for the heads up sinus,

Here is the main point of the Herald article:

Murphy: Cavaliers have not contacted Celtics about Isaiah Thomas concerns

If Cleveland really does want more in exchange for Kyrie Irving, the Celtics don’t know the specifics.

There has been no contact between the two teams since multiple reports surfaced that the Cavaliers, alarmed by the results of Isaiah Thomas’ physical last Friday, now want more for Irving.

The Celtics are said to have no contingency plan in place, due to the lack of contact between the teams, and no plan to either include another asset to make the trade go through or to draw a line and refuse further compensation.

The Cavs, who have not expressed dissatisfaction to the Celtics, let alone make an alternative demand, have until tomorrow morning to void the deal. The sides can also agree to extend the deadline.

Pete

Pete,

Actually I fixed the link above. I added the third "w" . By mistake I first fixed it in the quote by sinus, then I fixed it in your original post. I am so used to fixing broken links that I thought nothing of it and then forgot to tell you.

The more I read about this "issue", the more it seems to be a big fat nothing. It sure got lots of people excited. Everyone except the two teams that were involved in the trade. They aren't actually communicating with each other. Go figure!?!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Cleveland and Boston officials started to engage each other on a solution on Tuesday, league sources told ESPN. Cleveland is no longer seeking one of the Celtics’ top young players or significant draft picks, league sources said. The Cavaliers could be inclined to complete the deal for a late first-round pick or second-round considerations, league sources said. – via ESPN
Injuries, Trade, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:50 am

Thank gyso. This is what happens when I try to do everything from my iPhone.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2