Celtics Sign LJ Peak

+2
wideclyde
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Celtics Sign LJ Peak Empty Celtics Sign LJ Peak

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:51 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/8/28/16216234/boston-celtics-agree-to-deal-with-lj-peak

Celtics agree to deal with LJ Peak

Boston agrees to partial guarantee with ex-Georgetown forward LJ Peak.

by Michael DePrisco@mike_deprisco  

Aug 28, 2017, 2:11pm EDT

Celtics Sign LJ Peak 625173004.0
Photo by Darryl Oumi/Getty Images

Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday that the Celtics and former Georgetown forward LJ Peak agreed to a partially guaranteed contract. Wojnarowski also included in the report that Peak is expected to spend most of his time with the Maine Red Claws in the NBA G-League.

Follow
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @wojespn
Sources: Undrafted Georgetown forward LJ Peak has agreed to partial guarantee with Boston. He'll likely spend time w/ Maine minor affiliate.
10:18 AM - Aug 28, 2017
46 46 Replies   522 522 Retweets   1,316 1,316 likes

Peak spent three years at Georgetown before going undrafted in 2017. In his junior season, Peak averaged 16.3 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 3.5 assists while shooting just under 33% from three.

With the addition of Peak, the Celtics roster is now at 19 players under contract with 14 guaranteed deals following the Thomas-Irving blockbuster. It is important to note that the Celtics reportedly brought in Thomas Robinson for a workout, and had preliminary contact with Andrew Bogut in order to fill out the active roster.

Cleveland has attempted to get Boston to give more compensation after Thomas’ physical with the Cavs’ medical staff, but Boston has held strong in not giving up anything more in the trade. This stalemate has the NBA world waiting on it’s resolution, and it seems Danny Ainge and the Celtics’ front office are confident that the trade will not be voided.

bob
MY NOTE:  All the news fit to print here, including some that isn't.  LJ Peak is 6'5", 215#.  He shot 32.7% last year from 3.  If he makes the team please call 911 and ask them to send an ambulance for me because I hurt myself when I threw myself on the floor.  I just wish I knew why Danny doesn't sign any bigs for Maine...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics Sign LJ Peak Empty Re: Celtics Sign LJ Peak

Post by wideclyde Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:42 am

Bob,

Great question about not signing any big men to play in Portland, and we were talking about Ainge never seeming to sign a center type of guy for development for the Red Claws last Friday morning as well.

I fully realize that not too many guys (of any size) who play in the G League ever become stars (or, even make small, but solid NBA contributions) in the NBA, but I would think that a couple of decent big men in Maine would at least help them win a few more games.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Bob, maybe Danny is dyslexic and reads 32.7 as 37.2 and sees 6'5" as 9'5".
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:30 pm

I see Hibbert is still looking for a job~~!!!!

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 pm

As far as I am concerned he can keep looking. I have never seen a guy go downhill so fast. Larry knew exactly what he was doing the day he traded him away.  NO HEART
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:54 am

Rosalie,

Not sure that I would criticize Hibbert that harshly. I have read that he is/was a great teammate in at least several of his NBA stops.

However, his style of play/skill set has basically been run out of the league at this point, and to go along with his apparent lack of overall physical athleticism he just does not have a place any longer in the NBA.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:11 pm

I should note that whenever I put the smiley face with Sunglasses on, it is a tell that I am being sarcastic.

sorry for the confusion.

I am on the record as saying the final roster spot should be offered to Zeller.

some prefer Bogut, but I feel he is just an injury waiting to happen and not an NBA starter anymore anyway.

Robinson has never shown enough to play much, even with LOUSY teams.

besides bringing Zeller back will increase the % of players returning from last years team to 33%!!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:I should note that whenever I put the smiley face with Sunglasses on, it is a tell that I am being sarcastic.

sorry for the confusion.

I get you kdp. Everyone needs to learn to speak 'emoji,' but good clarification for the future!

My only disappointment with this thread so far is no one has replied with "who?"

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down