Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league'

4 posters

Go down

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league' Empty Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league'

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:52 pm

http://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/24/orlando-magic-coach-frank-vogel-calls-al-horford-most-underrated-guy-in-the-league/

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league'

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league' Gettyimages-869172618

By: Jared Weiss | 28 minutes ago 

Al Horford threw his hat into the MVP conversation early on this year. Kyrie Irving got most of the accolades as the Celtics ran out to a 16-game winning streak. But for most of the early season, it was Al Horford who got the Celtics league-best defense flowing and served as the conductor of the offense at just about every moment.

It hasn’t been lost on Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel, who has spent his head coaching career going up against Horford.

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league' Bill_normalBill Doyle@BillDoyle15

[ltr]Orlando coach Frank Vogel called Al Horford "probably the most underrated guy in the league in my opinion. Everything he does, he plays the four, plays the five, holds the fort down blocking shots, great with his switching defense."[/ltr]

3:09 PM - Nov 24, 2017

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league' Empty Re: Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league'

Post by wideclyde Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 am

Horford started the season with a real bang, but has recently hit a slump in just about all areas of his game.

The Cs need him to play much closer to what he did earlier for the entire season and playoffs than he has shown recently.

I am sure that Stevens will get him back on track soon.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league' Empty Re: Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel calls Al Horford 'Most underrated guy in the league'

Post by wideclyde Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:34 am

Much nicer game and much better performance last night against Indiana for Al Horford. Perhaps he is coming out of his recent slump?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:42 am

And I totally agree. Those Al critics, watch him all game long. just because he misses a few shots here and there, watch the ball. it goes thru his hands more times than you can count.

I love Al Horford and what he brings to this team.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Horford and Irving remind me of Pierce, KG and Ray subliminating diva egos for the greater good. This is the perfect spot for Kyrie. The cynic thought he wanted to be the chief ball hog and King. He was tired of working under King James.

I get the impression Kyrie couldn't care less about stats and just wants to play ball. He loves his coach and teammates.

Horford only wants to play his best in terms of team basketball. He has the perfect athletic body to play the new NBA center game. Baynes is necessary to keep him fresh.

We could become the next Golden State sooner rather than later. I think Brown, Tatum, Irving, Smart and Al form the core of a super team as in right now. Without any more major injuries, I think we are guaranteed #2 in the power rankings for the playoffs. Only GS deserves more credit unless they are dethroned.

18-3 is legit any way one looks at the won loss record.

I think if you keep Al healthy with stamina, he is just as good if not better than KG was in 2008. He does different things, but I see the same he's worth the money kind of results.

I think every player gets better under Stevens. It doesn't matter how long they've been in the league. Al Horford has one or two great years left. It's just reality. He can remain very good to excellent, age like Tim Duncan fine wine, but he will be 32 in June.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down