Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe

+2
gyso
Sandpd
6 posters

Go down

Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe Empty Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe

Post by Sandpd Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:06 am

He's not much of a leaper, but he's a legitimate 6'11", 260 lbs., and a left-handed shooter but he also has a right-handed hook inside.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdrKvYOnuAA
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe Empty Re: Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe

Post by gyso Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 am

He has a soft touch. Many of his shots bounce around the rim a bit before going in. I hope that we see him this Sunday.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe Empty Re: Something To Whet Your Appetite On While Waiting For Monroe

Post by dboss Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:34 am

Monroe will be the starting center for Boston except when they go small with Morris. Monroe will be able to play with Al, Morris or Theis because all three of them can stretch the floor with their outside shooting. We will not see much of Baynes and Monroe playing together. Monroe should also take some of the load off of Al Horford.

Baynes is averaging a career high in MPG this year at 18 per game. I think he will be the backup center and I expect his minutes to go down quite a bit.

We now have 5 front court players. Minutes should be divided up based on the pecking order. You have to start with your top 3 Horford, Monroe and Morris. Either Baynes or Theis will see less time on the court.

I can see Al at 30, and both Monroe and Morris at 25 MPG. That only leaves 16 MPG for both Baynes and Theis . It would not be wise to put them on an 8 MPG diet. I think Theis beats out Baynes. Baynes will get spot duty as needed.

When you upgrade your frontline that means that someone is getting replaced by someone else.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 am

Morris won't get 25 mpg...
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

worcester wrote:Morris won't get 25 mpg...

Theis should get as many or more minutes than Morris, we need his versatile hard nosed defense

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 am

Morris has an old man game, he’s not the fastest or a good finisher at the rim. I want to see a speedy small ball line up of Kyrie Rozier Brown Tatum Al for stretches to run teams off the floor.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:26 am

Cow, I want to see that too, but strangely we don't run. We are not a fast break team, even with so many young legs to wear out our opponents. We play a much slower offense game than our talent permits. i don't understand the lack of fast breaks.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

worcester wrote:Cow, I want to see that too, but strangely we don't run. We are not a fast break team, even with so many young legs to wear out our opponents. We play a much slower offense game than our talent permits. i don't understand the lack of fast breaks.

Right, last night we actually ran more than usual, there’s still hope, it also depends on lineups

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 am

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:03 pm

I don't think the C's have had such an offensive presence and scoring threat down low since "Big" Al Jefferson was on the team.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:19 pm

worcester wrote:Morris won't get 25 mpg...

He is playing 24 MPG now. He is 2nd in minutes for frontline players behind Horford, I really do not think adding Monroe will have any effect on Morris's minutes because Morris is a PF.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down