Game 6 ECF Celtics @ Cavs

+2
gyso
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Game 6 ECF  Celtics @ Cavs Empty Game 6 ECF Celtics @ Cavs

Post by dboss Fri May 25, 2018 12:25 pm

On October 17th Gordon Hayward suffered a horrific injury to his ankle.

It made me sick to my stomach.  It was emotionally depressing and though this was only the first game of the season,  I had already resigned myself into believing that this season was already lost.

The Celtics played hard the rest of that game but lost to the Cavs 102-99.  

Fast forward to a little over 8 months.  Hayward missed the entire season except for 5 minutes and our man go-to guy Irving was shut down for the season after playing 60 games.  We have also lost Theis who proved to be a worthy rotation big and Larkin is also sitting on the sidelines.  Somehow, someway this does not matter.  Somehow the Celtics find themselves on the doorstep of advancing to the NBA Finals. As most of you know I have watched the Celtics for almost 60 seasons and I cannot recall a team like this.  

This is a very, very special Team.  They have given us fans more than we could have hoped for or even imagined.  They make no excuses, they have no fear and they handle adversity like no other Celtics team in history.  Yes I have to put these guys on a historical stage.  I believe they have the capacity to win this year.  To win this thing now because they may be one of the best teams ever to put on the jersey.  This is not an argument about talent.  It goes much deeper than that.

There is of course the small matter of putting Lebron to bed for the night.  Let him cry himself to sleep.

The Celtics have struggled on the road during the Playoffs having only won game #3 against the Sixers.  The two games lost in Cleveland were lost because of defense as well as offense but more so on the defensive side of the ball.  The Cavs are certain to come out with a purpose and look for James to get them out quick.  The Celtics will need to take that smack in the mouth and play through the emotions of another closeout game.

They need to play this game like it is a game 7.  They need to bury the safety net of knowing that they have a game in the bank.  They need to win this game and that means that they must defend at a very high level.  Good offense comes from getting stops.  Lebron needs to carry his team once again.  His tank is only half full.  The Celtics have worn him down even though he has really been great during this series, he needs other guys to make shots.  The Celtics need to stop those other guys but be mindful of not getting themselves in foul trouble.  They need patience on offense and they need to fight through the fake obstruction.  

As improbable as it seemed on October 17, 2017,  after Hayward was carried off the court, the Celtics have controlled their own destiny. They have come really far and I simply do not believe they can or will fail.  They are not going to lose.  They are going to win.  This team reflects the DNA of all great Celtics teams.  It is a remarkable reality to embrace.  The rest of the league just does not get it.  It is not about the name and numbers on the back of their jerseys.  It is all about the name across the front.

So do me a favor please.  Relax.  If your nervous and watching the clock tick off until game time, just relax.  The Celtics are already in Cleveland.  If your tummy is a bit queasy, take a deep breath.

I love this team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Game 6 ECF  Celtics @ Cavs Empty Re: Game 6 ECF Celtics @ Cavs

Post by gyso Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Dboss, you have two duplicate threads running. Do you want to delete one?

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri May 25, 2018 12:53 pm

Dboss,
You are emotional. But I'm with you. Celtics will play this game as if there's no tomorrow...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm

gyso wrote:Dboss, you have two duplicate threads running.  Do you want to delete one?

gyso

I did not know that. What the hell would I do without you. Let me check on that
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Okay i deleted one
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm

dboss wrote:Okay i deleted one

Now let’s delete the Cavs!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Great post dboss!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 25, 2018 3:29 pm

ESPN Stats & Info
ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
The Celtics have tied an NBA record with 10 straight home wins in a postseason but are just 1-6 on the road.

If Boston wins tonight's Game 6 (8:30 ET on ESPN), it would be the first team to enter the NBA Finals with 2 or fewer road wins that postseason since...the 2008 Celtics.

bob
MY NOTE:  And we all know what happened with the 2008 Celtics.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 25, 2018 3:35 pm

pete wrote:Great post dboss!

Pete

Thanks Pete
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri May 25, 2018 4:28 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:Dboss, you have two duplicate threads running.  Do you want to delete one?

gyso

I did not know that.  What the hell would I do without you.  Let me check on that

dboss,

Hey, I had three Game On! threads for tonight's game. I was taking a break from work just now and went to check to see if anyone added more posts. I was having some issues with the board earlier, but three threads? I figured out which one was the best (it had the game preview) and deleted the rest.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 55 minutes ago
Had this in one of my earlier features on Tatum, but the people around him think he’s 6’9 now.

Game 6 ECF  Celtics @ Cavs DeD9462V4AAjkvs?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 25, 2018 7:33 pm

No wonder he's tired.

Game 6 ECF  Celtics @ Cavs DeFAIQwUQAEfI_I?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler