Media Day!

2 posters

Go down

Media Day! Empty Media Day!

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 am

Well, it's here.  Everybody puts on their jerseys and smiles for the cameras.  A lot of predictable stuff is going to be said today and that's ok because, what is also predictable, is that tomorrow is the first day of camp, the first day of our march to #18. Considering we were one quarter and bad games from Rozier and Brown, and now we have Kyrie and Gordon back, and Tatum has a lot of seasoning for a sophomore and LeBron is gone we are VERY well positioned.

Greetings from Windhoek, Namibia.  GO CELTICS!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Media Day! Empty Re: Media Day!

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:24 am

Media Day! Dn3WWZMUYAARqs9?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 am

bobheckler wrote:Media Day! Dn3WWZMUYAARqs9?format=jpg

bob

I know I'm drinkin' it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

I'm cracking a beer.  It's 5 o'clock somewhere.  Oh!  Wait a second!  It's 5 o'clock here!  Happy Media Day Everyone!

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 8 minutes ago
Brad Stevens on the Celtics’ loss last year: “Game 7 was a tough one for us to swallow last year. ... we have some real areas to improve.”

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 5 minutes ago
Brad Stevens hyping Hayward's ability to play PG again: "Gordon's ability to play as the primary ball handler will open up opportunities there (playing alongside other wings). ... We're going to have all those guys out there at once and hopefully be very versatile."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
3 minutes ago
Brad Stevens clearly impressed by how Kyrie Irving looks: "He's put in a lot of work to get back fully healthy. ... and you can tell."

A. Sherrod Blakely
A. Sherrod Blakely @ASherrodblakely
1 minute ago
"Kyrie is one of the smartest players I've been around. He spends a lot of time studying the game. He knows when it's right to attack and when to spray it." - #Celtics Brad Stevens

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum said his biggest area of growth this offseason was getting stronger, trying to finish better around the basket, finishing through contact.

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
1 minute ago
How did Jayson Tatum decide who to work out with? “Well, Kobe asked me to work out.”

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum not concerned the Celtics have too much talent: "We have a lot of coachable guys on this team that are willing to do whatever it takes to win."

Abby Chin
Abby Chin @tvabby
3 minutes ago
Brad Stevens asked about all the offensive weapons he’s got says watching pickup games is tough for him because he’s focused on instilling defensive principles.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum on Golden State: Obviously theyre the defending champs. Everybody respects them, we respect them. But we believe in ourselves. ... We definitely feel like we can compete and beat anybody in a 7-game series."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
now
Jaylen Brown singled out free throw shooting as one of the areas he targeted to improve this summer.

Gary Washburn
Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
about 5 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown: "I'm excited to get back because I've worked on all aspects of my game." #Celtics pic.twitter.com/adKAlDtBWn

reply retweet like

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 5 minutes ago
Jaylen on his improvements this summer: "Free throws, ballhandling, playmaking for others."

A. Sherrod Blakely
4 minutes ago
The #Celtics Jaylen Brown said he spent this summer becoming "uncomfortable" in terms of working on things that didn't play to his natural strengths which he sees as being integral to his continued growth as a player.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
3 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown said he patterned his game after Tracy McGrady. Getting invited to work out with T-Mac this summer was a big thrill.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown on all the Celtics' talent: "We don't see each other as enemies. We don't want to beat each other up too much. We're trying to beat up whoever else we're going to be competing against."

A. Sherrod Blakely
now
"It's an unfortunate situation. As we find out more what's going on, I'll let the team and the #Celtics handle it." - #Celtics Jaylen Brown when asked about Jabari Bird who in addition to Boston, also played with him at Cal.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 13 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown on working at free throws, ball handling, playmaking for others: "So many things that people critiqued me on in the past, it will be interesting to see if they critique me this year.”

reply retweet like

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:23 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/celtics/status/1044258140227862529/video/1

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
2 minutes ago
Theis on his health: "I feel great. My knee is fully recovered."

ay King @ByJayKing
about 5 minutes ago
Daniel Theis said Gordon Hayward is "really looking good." "I think the hardest (hurdle) for him is going to be the mental part." Said Hayward has played well, shot well during pickup games.

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
4 minutes ago
Theis says he's been feeling 100% with full contact for about 1-2 weeks now. Says he's been playing 5-on-5 with the team since everyone got back into town in early September.

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
3 minutes ago
Daniel Theis says being injured makes you realize how much you miss playing basketball.

Dan Greenberg
Dan Greenberg @StoolGreenie
2 minutes ago
Daniel Theis could probably start on 29 other teams and he's like the 10th guy lolllllllllll

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Gary Washburn
1 minute ago
Yes, rookie Robert Williams did ask if he could take a sip of that Gatorade. Said he's playing 5-on-5 in workouts. #Celtics pic.twitter.com/4Kef7pM15j

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Robert Williams asked if he could drink the Gatorade that is sitting there for advertising purposes at the podium.

A. Sherrod Blakely
4 minutes ago
Robert Williams said he has been paying close attention to a number of #Celtics such as Aron Baynes, Al Horford, Tatum and Brown where he has focused mainly on their "consistency more than anything," Williams said.

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
4 minutes ago
Robert Williams says Al Horford advised him on how to set screens after pickup (Al Horford is a guy you want telling you how to set screens).

Jared Weiss
3 minutes ago
Rob Williams asked if he regrets going back to A&M for Sophomore season: "I’d do it the same way man. The same way. Like I said, I’ve been around great coaches, great staff, great players, shit, great community. I couldn’t ask for anything better."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Gary Washburn
about 6 minutes ago
Aron Baynes: "I definitely wanted to be here. I felt it was like unfinished business." #Celtics pic.twitter.com/WfjRtq31Rz

Jared Weiss
about 6 minutes ago
Aron Baynes on why he wanted to stay with the Celtics: "My wife wanted to keep seeing the same [OBGYN] before she had the kid."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 6 minutes ago
Aron Baynes is big on saying he felt the Celtics had unfinished business. One thing he pointed out: the Celtics' focus on family is one of the reasons the Bayneses are happy in Boston.

cott Souza @Scott_Souza
4 minutes ago
#Celtics Aron Baynes: I felt like it was unfinished. I knew that I wanted to come back here ... In 2014 with the Spurs everybody sets aside their egos so we could be great. I see the same things here. ... (said he's also going to keep shooting 3s). pic.twitter.com/TaTP8wqZSb

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Aron Baynes on Robert Williams: "I've seen a lot of dedication... maybe not from the first day, but since then." Lol.

Jared Weiss
1 minute ago
Aron Baynes asked about mentoring Rob Williams: "I've seen a lot of dedication. Maye not from the first day, but since that he's had a lot of dedication.....He's been in there early and he's been in there for a long time doing a lot of things. He's getting his body right."

ared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
4 minutes ago
Aron Baynes makes sure to mention that his body fat percentage did not go up once this summer, despite his tour of Boston's cheeseburger scene.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
3 minutes ago
Aron Baynes: "It's entertaining for me to be watching film and see what (Brad) did to adjust to different circumstances in the game." Said he's become a better student of the game while learning from Brad.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Jared Weiss
about 12 minutes ago
Kyrie Irving: "I believe Boston is the place for me."

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Gary Washburn
about 5 minutes ago
Semi Ojeleye: "Coach said my versatility was going to get me on the court.# #Celtics pic.twitter.com/hCUfPoJpZn

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Semi Ojeleye said he passed up some shots last year. "This year those are the shots that I need to take, I will take, and just go from there."

Jared Weiss
1 minute ago
Semi on Hayward: "If you didn’t know what happened you wouldn’t have guessed he had an injury. He looks great. He’s getting more confident every day he’s on the court. He’s getting back to the form we saw him in before he was a Celtic & we’re looking forward to getting him back."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 pm

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Marcus Morris looks like he's in good shape.

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
3 minutes ago
Marcus Morris on dealing with a potentially reduced role this year: "At the end of the day, winning supersedes everything."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
3 minutes ago
Marcus Morris said the Celtics are very fortunate to have a lot of guys that could be starters on other teams. "Whatever my role is, I'm going at it and approaching it with everything I've got."

Gary Washburn
1 minute ago
Marcus Morris: "It's easy (to sacrifice) because we've built relationships. Winning is the goal." #Celtics pic.twitter.com/pc2VbOjTni

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
now
Marcus Morris said he put in a lot of work this summer to become one of the better two-way players in the game. Said he's focused on being a tenacious defender and playing off everyone the Celtics have.

Scott Souza
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
about 6 minutes ago
#Celtics Marcus Morris: I take every matchup personally. I'm sure it will be the same (with Kawhi Leonard in East as it was with LeBron James.)

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Marcus Morris said the Celtics know they'll need to sacrifice for the betterment of the team: "A blind person can see that we have a lot of talent."

Jared Weiss
4 minutes ago
Mook says that with a year under their belts, it's going to be even easier to communicate, especially with the young guys. "It’s going to be easier to talk amongst each other and work it out if there's any problems."

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Marcus Morris believes Kyrie Irving is a top-five player. "Add him into that Cleveland series and we'd be talking about being in the championship (series)."

Gary Washburn
2 minutes ago
Marcus Morris on Jayson Tatum: “He’s a superstar in this league. He will be real soon.

Adam Himmelsbach
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
2 minutes ago
Marcus Morris's jersey now says "Morris Sr." on the back. He became a dad this summer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Jared Weiss
2 minutes ago
Yabu: "What I was trying to do in Vegas was show the team and show everybody around what I can do on the court as a leader, but also show the passing skills, show the ball, finish to the rim, defend, and all the things that can help the team this year."

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
3 minutes ago
Marcus Smart: "The last couple of months have been really humbling. It brings you back to reality. I have a great supporting cast around me in Boston, friends and family."

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
1 minute ago
Marcus Smart’s answer about basketball being his refuge was incredible.

Adam Himmelsbach
about 5 minutes ago
Marcus Smart: “Basketball keeps me calm. That’s probably why I go out & dive on the floor or take a charge or throw my body this way & give it everything. Because I know & understand that any day could be my last day & if it was, would I be proud of what I’ve accomplished?”

Jared Weiss
4 minutes ago
Smart asked if he learned from seeing teammates lose loved ones: "You’re around somebody that is going through some type of adversity, it might not be the same as you but you can take and learn some type of lesson. That’s what makes adversity so unique.

Gary Washburn
3 minutes ago
Smart said he was surprised and glad much of the #Celtics brass attended his mother’s memorial service. “It made me good. As I have said, I love Boston and Boston loves me.”

3 minutes ago
Smart on Hayward: "First of all, I’m just happy to see him back out walking again, let alone playing… He has something to prove. He’s coming back with a vengeance."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

3 minutes ago
Smart on Hayward: "First of all, I’m just happy to see him back out walking again, let alone playing… He has something to prove. He’s coming back with a vengeance."

Jared Weiss
1 minute ago
Kyrie Irving said he spent 18 days in Seattle where Jamal Crawford "did a great service for me putting together some runs," for him to get acclimated coming off his injury.

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
now
Kyrie Irving said he needed a lot of patience this summer in his rehab, but he's excited about where he is now.

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
4 minutes ago
Kyrie Irving on what's different during this training camp: "I'm not going through an emotional rollercoaster. I don't have to deal with the question about the trade anymore. I'm appreciative of the opportunity to finally be comfortable. I'm happy."

Scott Souza
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
3 minutes ago
#Celtics Kyrie Irving: It's an exciting time, honestly. ... Being with the guys again in this environment - which is high level, as high a level as I've been around ... I'm looking forward to building a championship culture. As the team leader, it's my responsibility.

1 minute ago
Kyrie on pickup games with Jamal Crawford in Seattle: "I came in the gym and walk in the door and see Bill Rusell in the gym for a regular pick up game, it was like, 'Wow.'"

reply retweet like
Jared Weiss
1 minute ago
Kyrie: "Leadership is empowering, realizing how great these young guys are... they want to learn how to win and for the most part they know how to win because they've been taught by Brad and Danny and the organization in general."

reply retweet like
Adam Himmelsbach
2 minutes ago
Kyrie: "It’s really special to have young guys that get it. They work hard. They want it. They have vision. They have drive."

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
now
Kyrie Irving on getting a chance to talk to Bill Russell, who dropped by his pickup games in Seattle: "He's as cultured as they come...that opportunity I'll remember for the rest of my life."

Scott Souza
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
3 minutes ago
#Celtics Kyrie Irving admitted there were a lot of distractions involved in last season even thought it was one of his best statistical seasons. Said he contemplated what "adding a little happiness" would be to his game, believes that's a scary proposition.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Ben Rohrbach
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 6 minutes ago
Kyrie Irving’s money quote: “You just think about now and you think about the future, and it’s like, man, this is something special to be a part of.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
3 minutes ago
Gordon Hayward said he thinks there will be some hiccups as he works his way back. Said he's still only played pickup four or five times. Needs to continue getting his rhythm back.

Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
1 minute ago
#Celtics Gordon Hayward: "We all want to win the whole thing. That's our goal." pic.twitter.com/mONuxu11oA

reply retweet like

Jared Weiss
3 minutes ago
Hayward: "I'm going to follow the progression that the staff has set for me. Whatever that is, whether that's taking certain days off or rest days or whatever. I haven't talked with them yet, but I'm going to follow that." [1/2]

reply retweet like

Scott Souza
Scott Souza @Scott_Souza
3 minutes ago
#Celtics Gordon Hayward: Once they tell me I can go at it - which they have - I'm just going to attack it. That's what you have to do. pic.twitter.com/3GFotSTUAW

3 minutes ago
Rozier on Tatum: "He calmed down and now he's coming back this summer he's got that like ‘I'm the man’ look. He’s been killing."

reply retweet like
Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Terry Rozier said Jayson Tatum is "super different" in pickup games this year compared to where he was last summer. "He's got that 'I'm the man' look. He's been killing."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
1 minute ago
Al Horford on rookie Robert Williams: "I just see a willingness from him to learn and be better. And that's great to see."

reply retweet like

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
2 minutes ago
Al Horford: "We have to make sure we're great defensively. That's our priority."

reply retweet like

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
3 minutes ago

Al Horford: "We grew up a lot last year and now we get Kyrie and Gordon back.

Jay King @ByJayKing
4 minutes ago
Al Horford said this is the most talented team he's ever been around. One of his Hawks teams won 60 games.

reply retweet like

Brian Robb
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
4 minutes ago
Al Horford: "I just want practice to get here. We are going to get after it."

reply retweet like

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 5 minutes ago
Al Horford: "The mindset of the group is good. Guys want to work, guys want to get better. We understand what's in front of us. But kind of what I want the guys to see and for us to understand is to focus on each step." NO SKIPPING STEPS.

reply retweet like

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 7 minutes ago
Al Horford: "I think it's important for our group to appreciate what we have."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content