Baynes Injury Update

3 posters

Go down

Baynes Injury Update Empty Baynes Injury Update

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 16 minutes ago
Aron Baynes is expected to return in 4-6 weeks after having surgery on his broken left fourth metacarpal today, per the Celtics.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Baynes Injury Update Empty Re: Baynes Injury Update

Post by dboss Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Takes us to around middle of February. I think they can survive without him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Marc D'Amico @celtics
about 13 minutes ago
#NEBHInjuryReport update Aron Baynes will have his hand re-evaluated by a doctor early this week.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:34 pm

I am sure that the Cs medical staff is "checking" on this guy's hand every other day. The team needs him back, and I am sure that he wants to be back yesterday.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2019/01/08/aron-baynes-injury-broken-hand

The return of Aron Baynes sounds like it’s right around the corner

“It’s not too far away.”

Baynes Injury Update Download-7-850x478$large
Aron Baynes Aron Baynes watches from the bench during the first half. –Michael Dwyer/AP Photo

By Nicole Yang 7:57 AM

Celtics center Aron Baynes has “progressed well” and could return to game action as early as mid to late next week, according to coach Brad Stevens.

“He’ll go back to the doctor to get full clearance before that happens,” Stevens said before tip-off between the Celtics and Nets Monday. “It’s not too far away.”

Baynes, who suffered a broken finger against the Phoenix Suns on Dec. 19, told reporters Monday he has been cleared for everything but contact. He said his left hand “feels great” and is “not limiting.” Before tip-off against the Nets, Baynes was on the court shooting and going through various ball-handling drills.

“It really feels 100 percent to me,” he said. “If I can do everything and it still doesn’t let the plate move and the plate stays in place, as long as it still is not going in a backwards direction, then it’ll be good.”

When he does return — the Celtics have two homes games next week: Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors and Friday against the Memphis Grizzlies — Baynes will wear some sort of protection, which he says is “more so for [the doctors’] peace of mind than anything.”

In Baynes’s nine-game absence, the Celtics are 6-3 and Boston is allowing 4.1 more points per 100 possessions during that span.

“It’s tough not being able to step out there and go battle with the guys, but I’m still trying to be around them as much as I can, make myself known, [and] make sure I’m still a part of the locker room as well,” Baynes said. “Hopefully, we keep it rolling like we have the last few games. Then I’m able to slot myself back in and just try and contribute more to the team and keep us headed in the right direction.”

bob
MY NOTE: "Mid-to-late next week" is still 7-10 days away. Today's only Tuesday.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 15 minutes ago
Stevens said Baynes will be evaluated by a doctor back in Boston on Tuesday.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 pm

The Celtics are so soft in the middle that the very idea that Aron will be returning soon lights up the day.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 5 hours ago
Aron Baynes upgraded to questionable for Wednesday’s tilt vs Raptors suggesting he got clearance to resume contact activities at appointment today. Marcus Smart remains questionable due to illness. Kyrie Irving not on injury report after his night off Monday.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 pm

bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 5 hours ago
Aron Baynes upgraded to questionable for Wednesday’s tilt vs Raptors suggesting he got clearance to resume contact activities at appointment today. Marcus Smart remains questionable due to illness. Kyrie Irving not on injury report after his night off Monday.

bob

Good news. In the meantime the trade deadline is 3 weeks off and we will see if the team shows improvement.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Baynes has been cleared to play. Brad says he is unaware of any minutes restrictions.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down