Sam, gyso, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, Cow, BobH, BobC, Rosie, dboss, LACELT, MG, tj: A Friendly Wager

+9
MustangGator
jeb
Sam
RosalieTCeltics
tjmakz
LACELTFAN
beat
bobc33
babyskyhook
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sam, gyso, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, Cow, BobH, BobC, Rosie, dboss, LACELT, MG, tj: A Friendly Wager - Page 3 Empty Re: Sam, gyso, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, Cow, BobH, BobC, Rosie, dboss, LACELT, MG, tj: A Friendly Wager

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:11 pm

BobC & Bob,

I've been using a few other tactics too. For instance; do you want to go to college one day? or do you want to borrow the car one day? has gotten positive results.

My wife has actually acted a little quicker and tougher to counter-act the whole thing. We have a "Gem Jar" that our son gets a little glass gem placed in for various things like picking up after himself, helping around the house or for good deeds. When the jar is full he gets to pick out a new toy or some other reward. If he misbehaves, he loses a gem. My wife's statement that rooting for anyone other than the Celtics, or taunting with shouts of Go Lakers, Cavs or Magic will cost a gem seems to have worked well.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Sam, gyso, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, Cow, BobH, BobC, Rosie, dboss, LACELT, MG, tj: A Friendly Wager - Page 3 Empty Re: Sam, gyso, NYC, jeb, beat, pete, Cow, BobH, BobC, Rosie, dboss, LACELT, MG, tj: A Friendly Wager

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Tj,

Thanks; fortunately for him he gets his looks and disposition from mom!

As for my brother, even my parents, former Rochester Royals (now the Sacramento Kings) season ticket holders who converted to Celtics fans when the Royals moved say they don't know where they went wrong. He's been a Laker fan since we were kids.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm

pete wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
pete wrote:Ok Guys, I'm in. I wouldn't have minded Worthy as he an Max became good friends. Hmmm does a Laker girl count?

Pete

THat's great Pete. As much as I love the Laker girls, I'm thinking Kareem for you if LA wins.

Bummer, I was hoping for a young Paula Abdul.

She was pretty tasty back in the day.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm

updated scorecard-

So far, the players are as follows:

In the event of a Laker win, we have beat repping West for a month, bobc as Magic, Jeb= Worthy, Sam as Baylor, pete= kareem, bobh= Wilt, and NYC= Cooper.

If the Cs win, I'll put up Hondo for a month, tj will be paying his respects to Russell, and MG will be repping Bird.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 pm

BSH,

Coop it is if somehow, just in case...

Now where were those Hondo pictures...

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah- if the Cs prevail, you guys will have to figure out which one you want me to use.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:39 pm

Russell is fine just not ML Carr waving a white towel over his head.
I would also have a hard time using a photo of "The Clothesline".
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:19 pm

babyskyhook wrote:
pete wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
pete wrote:Ok Guys, I'm in. I wouldn't have minded Worthy as he an Max became good friends. Hmmm does a Laker girl count?

Pete

THat's great Pete. As much as I love the Laker girls, I'm thinking Kareem for you if LA wins.

Bummer, I was hoping for a young Paula Abdul.

She was pretty tasty back in the day.

It is rather ironic, I wished for a young Paula Abdul, and get an Abdul Jabbar.......that wears goggles.....will my good luck never cease! Celts better win, this is going to be extremely painful. Are you guys sure you wouldn't rather go the tar & feather route?

Last edited by pete on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 pm

We'll have to talk to bobh and jeb-

they might know of some underground clubs in SF where tar and feathers goes on all the time. Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3