Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Trade Rumors - Page 7 Empty Re: Trade Rumors

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:37 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sixers-acquire-james-ennis-trade-173227445.html

Sixers acquire James Ennis in trade with Rockets, according to source

Noah Levick,NBC Sports Philadelphia
2 hours 3 minutes ago

The Sixers added James Ennis in a trade with the Rockets on Thursday, a team source confirmed. By Noah Levick
Sixers acquire James Ennis in trade with Rockets, according to source originally appeared on nbcsportsphiladelphia.com

After trades with the Clippers and Raptors on Wednesday, Sixers general manager Elton Brand made his third deal before the deadline Thursday.

Brand acquired James Ennis from the Rockets in exchange for the right to swap second-round picks in 2021, a team source confirmed. Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium was first to report the trade.

Ennis is a 6-foot-7 wing heading to his sixth NBA team. The No. 50 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, Ennis has played in 39 games this season for the Rockets, averaging 7.4 points and 2.8 rebounds. He's a career 36.2 percent three-point shooter and a long, switchable defender.

Based on how the Sixers' bench looks after the Tobias Harris trade, Ennis should immediately play a significant role for the Sixers. The team doesn't currently have much depth at the wing (see story).

The right to swap 2021 second-round picks is obviously not much to give up for the Sixers. Outside of that, all the Sixers are taking on is the rest of Ennis' $1.62 million salary for this season. He also has a $1.85 million player option for 2019-2020.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:38 pm

worcester wrote:Does Boogie make sense for us?

Yes I think so. I mentioned this last week. He don't cost us any of our players.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm

It is now past 12pm PST, 3pm EST.  The trade deadline has passed.

There may be a few trades trickling in that haven't been reported yet, but HALLELUJAH!! we survived another one!

No trades for the Celtics reported as of the deadline, not even a roster dump of Jabari Bird.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Tardust, same could be said of Vucevic.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Mixed bag this year.

Probably makes the most sense for Boston to sit tight and play the hand they've got.

Other moves in the conference by Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto could result in a short-term net loss for The C's, however.

I expect a little surfing in the buy-out market, and an attempt at a signing or two coming up.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Bird was given to Hawks

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:37 pm

So everyone made a move of some sort. Some bigger than others. Toronto getting Gasol? eh....the last couple of times we played him his skill set had deteriorated. Philly got stronger, rebuilt that bench a little. I wonder if Bellini becomes available in buyout if they will go for him. Simmons was terrific with the Spurs, kind of slid a little this year.

Will the Celtics look at Kanter? You were right dboss when you said they were going to try to get out from under Bird's contract. They wanted that spot on the bench, but...for who?

I am relieved, even though many wanted AD. Gee, now he says he is going to play out the season in NO. I heard this morning that NO was thinking about sitting him.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 pm

tardust wrote:
worcester wrote:Does Boogie make sense for us?

Yes I think so.  I mentioned this last week.  He don't cost us any of our players.

how do we sign him?

we are well over the cap next year.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:47 pm

Missed this one:

Reports: Lakers trade Beasley, Zubac to Clippers Muscala; Lakers open roster spot, maybe for ‘Melo

Kurt Helin,NBC Sports 4 hours ago

The good news is nobody needs to call the moving vans with this trade. There will be no plane flights. The players have to just walk a little farther down the hall and make sure they go into the right locker room.

The Lakers and Clippers agreed to a trade just half-an-hour before the deadline that sends two Lakers — Michael Beasley and the popular Ivica Zubac — out. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN broke the story.

Adrian Wojnarowski
✔️
@wojespn
The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN.

11:28 AM - Feb 7, 2019

The Lakers pick up a respectable pick-and-pop big who had been with Philadelphia most of the season but went to the Clippers as part of the Tobias Harris trade. Muscala is shooting 34 percent from three this season.

What grabs the headlines, however, is this opens up a Lakers roster spot, and the reason they had used all season for not bringing in Carmelo Anthony was the lack of a roster spot. Now…

Brad Turner
✔️
@BA_Turner
Lakers will now seriously look at signing Carmelo Anthony, per source.

That said, it’s not a done deal.

This is expected to be a robust buyout market with some relatively big names — Wes Matthews, Robin Lopez among others — but there also will be a lot of suitors for the good players. Golden State, Philadelphia, Houston and other teams are going to be actively looking to strengthen their rosters. The Lakers will have to compete, and use the pull of LeBron James, to get a quality player for the stretch run. Of course, LeBron already said he wanted the Lakers to look at Anthony. So there’s that.

The Clipper are expected to waive Beasley and add him to the buyout market (the Lakers cannot re-acquire him under the terms of the CBA).

Ramona Shelburne
✔️
@ramonashelburne
As for the Carmelo-Lakers question, he’s an option they’re considering, but there are expected to be many other options on buyout market. And those recently bought out players are considered more game-ready than Melo, who has been out a while.

11:36 AM - Feb 7, 2019

What the Clippers get is a young big with potential in Zubac who can be part of whatever is in the future for this team after what will be a wild summer.

Chris Haynes
✔️
@ChrisBHaynes
The initial plan for the Los Angeles Clippers is to waive forward Michael Beasley, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

11:40 AM - Feb 7, 2019

bob
MY NOTE: Maybe Danny signs Beasley, this year's Gerald Green? Wild idea.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Who do we get for the open roster spot, CA.

We need a scorer off the bench to fill the void of GH.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Zubac can play.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 pm

Kings waive Ben McLemore.

We have an open roster spot, with the trade of Jabari Bird. Does Danny go for McLemore or Kanter or Beasley...? Good choices, all round, for a solid player off the bench.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:35 am

I'd look at Gortat myself

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:33 am

Bring down the Polish hammer.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

worcester wrote:Bring down the Polish hammer.

I was just checking out his numbers, he's old for sure but his per 36 have been about the same the past 3 years.

I do think he would bring some more size and strength for us the rest of this year .

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gortama01.html

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
yesterday
Kyrie Irving on the trade deadline: “Yeah, I mean the deadline was a lot for a lot of other people, I’m assuming. For us, we were pretty set. They made that very clear, our management."

reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  So all our angst was for nothing.  THEY knew nothing was happening.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Celtic are showing interest in Kantor per WEEI.

This could be interesting with a couple of combo's. You can use Kantor at the #5 and move Horford to #4 slot, or team Morris at #4 with Kantor at #5

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 am

I'm on the fence with this possibility.

Kanter can score and board. He would add a low-post element to the offense.

He's a matador on defense, though. Boston's biggest need, along with rebounding, and more than interior O, is interior D.

To me, adding Kanter would be better than doing nothing, and an OK move if no stronger defensive forward is available.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7