dboss
KyleCleric
bobheckler
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Rumors Empty Trade Rumors

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:50 am

The NBA trade deadline is February 7, 2019 @ 3 P.M. EST. We are now, as of the initiation of this thread, just a few hours over 20 days away. This is when things start cookin'. They might not happen, but the phones are ringing because every GM in the league is trying to find out who's available and what the asking prices are and, as we all know, Danny loves to pick up the phone.

Let's put the rumors here. We can put the actual trades here to, if people want, or they can create their own threads to announce them. CERTAINLY, any Celtic trade will get its own thread.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Trade Rumors Empty Re: Trade Rumors

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:51 am

Jan. 17 update
The Dallas Mavericks are optimistic they can reconcile with point guard Dennis Smith Jr. and insist they won't trade Smith unless they get good value in return, sources tell ESPN. The Mavs have shopped Smith throughout the season, but a team source told ESPN: "Plan A is still to fix this."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:01 pm

I don’t expect the Cs to be involved in the trade market. More likely, the Cs make a deal in the buyout market once Bird’s deal is voided.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:10 pm

The Mavericks are heading to the lottery again this year. It is part of their rebuilding plan I guess. I think they need a stretch 4.

They say that Smith cannot play off the ball. Doncic is a very impressive rookie but neither of them are particularly efficient when you consider their assist to Turnover ratio.

Also JJ is gone for the season so maybe they are less likely to deal Smith unless they are rewarded.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:28 pm

KyleCleric wrote:I don’t expect the Cs to be involved in the trade market. More likely, the Cs make a deal in the buyout market once Bird’s deal is voided.

Do you think they are going to void Bird's contract? I'm not so sure about that. We have not heard anything about his status. He has a January 30th court date according to the Globe. He has a guaranteed contact this season for $1,349,383, a non-guaranteed $1,588,231 for 19-20 and a QO of $1,986,289 for 20-21.

He is essentially out on medical leave and I recall reading something that the Celtics were aware prior to the domestic violence incident that he suffered from depression.

I'm no lawyer but I think Boston could cut him or waive him but still end up having to pay him this year. That would open up a roster spot for Danny to add someone and I agree with you that Danny may search the buyout market to fill his roster spot.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm

dboss wrote:The Mavericks are heading to the lottery again this year.  It is part of their rebuilding plan I guess.  I think they need a stretch 4.  

They say that Smith cannot play off the ball.  Doncic is a very impressive rookie but neither of them are particularly efficient when you consider their assist to Turnover ratio.

Also JJ is gone for the season so maybe they are less likely to deal Smith unless they are rewarded.

The Mavs do not have their 1st round pick this summer. They traded it in the Young/Doncic trade. (top 5 protected)
The Mavs are trying to win, they just don't have a lot of talent.
Their best player is 19 years old.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Trade Rumors: Hawks, Most Active Teams, Porter

January 18th, 2019 at 8:42am CST

by Luke Adams

The NBA’s 2019 trade deadline is now less than three weeks away, and a number of the trade candidates whose names are popping up the most have something in common, as Keith Smith of Yahoo Sports tweets: They’re all on expiring contracts.

Smith identifies Dewayne Dedmon (Hawks), Jeremy Lin (Hawks), Jonathon Simmons (Magic), Wayne Ellington (Heat), Robin Lopez (Bulls), Enes Kanter (Knicks), Noah Vonleh (Knicks), and David Nwaba (Cavaliers) as those players cited most frequently in trade chatter. Of those eight players, Simmons is the only one under contract for next season, and his 2019/20 salary of $5.7MM is partially guaranteed for just $1MM. In other words, his deal can be viewed as a de facto expiring contract too.

Here are a few more notes and rumors on the NBA’s trade market:

The Hawks appear willing to take on 2019/20 salary in trade discussions, according to Smith (Twitter link). A willingness to eat a bad contract in exchange for a more favorable asset could make Atlanta a team to watch in the coming weeks, since most teams around the NBA want to preserve their cap space for 2019.

Smith names the Sixers, Nets, Magic, Kings, Rockets, Pelicans, and Clippers as the teams that appear to be most active in trying to upgrade their rosters (Twitter link). Besides gauging the trade market, these clubs are also keeping an eye on potential buyout candidates, Smith notes.

The Wizards have shown “little appetite” for any trade that involves moving Otto Porter for a return heavy on future assets and cap flexibility, sources tell ESPN’s Zach Lowe. That stance aligns with comments on Thursday made by owner Ted Leonsis, who stressed that Washington continues to push for a playoff spot and has no plans to tank.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:44 pm

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/

1/19

Nets Waive Kenneth Faried Ahead Of Rockets Deal

January 19th, 2019 at 9:50am CST

by Mark Suleymanov

The Nets have requested waivers on veteran big man Kenneth Faried, the team announced in a press release on Saturday. Faried is expected to sign with the Rockets upon clearing waivers, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Friday.

Faried and his $13.7 million salary is expected to clear waivers on Monday, per Wojnarowski. The Rockets will need to clear a roster spot for Faried and the team is reportedly ramping up efforts to trade Carmelo Anthony. Anthony, who still technically occupies a spot on the Rockets’ roster, reportedly has multiple options and will land with a new team.

Once his deal with Houston is complete, the team plans to insert Faried into the lineup for significant minutes to offset the absence of Clint Capela. Capela will miss four to six weeks after undergoing surgery for a torn ligament in his right thumb.

In 12 games this season with Brooklyn, Faried averaged 5.1 PPG and 3.7 RPG in 9.8 minutes per contest. Brooklyn acquired Faried, Darrell Arthur, a protected 2019 first round draft pick and a 2020 second-round draft pick for Isaiah Whitehead this past summer.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm

NBA Trade Rumors: Rockets 'Aggressively' Working to Deal Carmelo Anthony

ADAM WELLS

JANUARY 19, 2019

Carmelo Anthony's brief stint with the Houston Rockets could end as early as next week.

Per ESPN.com's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Rockers are "aggressively working" to find a trade partner for Anthony by Monday at 5 p.m. ET as they try to clear a roster spot to sign Kenneth Faried.

Wojnarowski noted Faried will sign with the Rockets after he agreed to a buyout with the Brooklyn Nets on Friday.

One thing that won't happen, per Wojnarowski on Saturday, is Anthony being waived by the Rockets. One scenario being explored by the team is releasing James Nunnally if they can't work out a trade for Anthony to clear the space needed to add Faried.

Houston is searching for a big man with Clint Capela expected to miss four to six weeks after he had surgery Thursday to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb.

The Athletic's Sam Amick reported Friday that Anthony has "multiple options available" and was expected to pick one before the Feb. 7 NBA trade deadline. Faried's looming presence for Houston may have escalated that timetable.

Anthony hasn't played for the Rockets since Nov. 8 against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The team announced on Nov. 15 it was parting ways with and working to find a resolution for the 10-time All-Star.

In 10 games, Anthony averaged a career-low 13.4 points and shot 40.5 percent.

bob
MY NOTE: Good luck finding someone who'll give you a player of value for Melo, Darryl Morey...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:13 pm

If Enes Kanter is available are there any chances we could get him for Yabu or Theis? I don't know how he stacks up against the league in general but he kicks the stuffing out of our front line when playing against us.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Berlin-T wrote:If Enes Kanter is available are there any chances we could get him for Yabu or Theis? I don't know how he stacks up against the league in general but he kicks the stuffing out of our front line when playing against us.

Kanter has a $18M salary, so we'd have to trade a similar amount of salary back as we are over the cap.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:59 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-celtics-mentioned-trade-destination-181631214.html

Report: Celtics mentioned as trade destination for Bradley Beal

NBC Sports Boston Report,NBC Sports Boston 7 hours ago

Report: Celtics mentioned as trade destination for Bradley Beal originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

The Celtics' first-half struggles, not to mention the recent drama surrounding Kyrie Irving and his teammates, have some wondering if a change of scenery for some players might be in the offing to jump-start a second-half push up the Eastern Conference standings.

With the Feb. 7 trade deadline nearing, Boston was mentioned in a Bleacher Report story as a possible destination for a player who could perhaps be the NBA's most coveted at the deadline, the Washington Wizards' Bradley Beal.

Beal, 25, has averaged 29.8 points on 45.7 shooting over his past 10 games since Washington lost his backcourt mate, John Wall, to season-ending surgery. Ken Berger's story reports that a "conga line of contenders have kicked the tires on Beal, by far the Wizards' most valuable - and most tradeable - asset."

Of the Celtics, Berger writes:

With the Celtics struggling to find an identity-and defined roles for their plethora of wing players-there could be a path to a deal. Jaylen Brown, the expiring contract of Marcus Morris or Aron Baynes (2019-20 player option) and a first-round pick would have the makings of a compelling offer, according to one executive. The C's could win the East with a core of Kyrie Irving, Beal, Jayson Tatum and Al Horford. Whether the Wizards would want to help Boston is another story.

Beal has two years and $56 million remaining on his contract.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:45 am

That could be interesting with Morris tanking recently...But in BOS, you don't have to show up every night unless your name is Kyrie and Smart..maybe add Tatum and Horford.   Clock is still ticking.  February 7th can't get hear fast enough!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

I don't like Beal here with this team myself.

I don't think his game would mesh any better with Irving than it does with Wall and there is that problem with his high salary also. Too much money for a 5% shooter who 's main claim is his scoring , at least for me.

also, who's playing PF for us then, if we send Morris over to play with his brother?

to be honest, one could make an argument that the better deal for the Celtics this would be to bring Markeiff over to play with his brother here.

but I don't see a deal that makes sense for us to send out enough to match his expiring $8M salary.

I've come to agree with many here who feel that a buy out vet may be the only change Danny makes. Might be best on the long run, even if it means we lose both Rozier and Morris next year as FA's.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:43 pm

https://bealestreetbears.com/2019/01/20/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-grizzlies-gasol-lakers/

NBA Trade Rumors: Memphis Grizzlies Trading Marc Gasol to Lakers Makes Sense

by AJ Salah 3 hours ago Follow @Salas42_

Memphis Grizzlies NBA Trade Rumors
NBA trade rumors have begun to circle the Memphis Grizzlies; particularly Marc Gasol. Here is why the Los Angeles Lakers make the most sense as his destination.

NBA trade rumors are ramping up, and with an active Front Office pursuing options to better the Memphis Grizzlies now and in the future, Marc Gasol may soon be headed to a new destination.

Way back in 2008, the Grizzlies dumped NBA All-Star Pau Gasol to the Los Angeles Lakers in what was — at the time — blasted as a one-way deal. There is no questioning that it worked out for the Lakers; Gasol lifted them firmly into the “contender” echelon, and they won back-to-back NBA titles.

But even the Grizzlies eventually came out as winners. Marc Gasol, Pau’s younger brother and a throw-in in that same trade, evolved into the NBA’s best all-around big man. The Memphis Grizzlies became a playoff staple; consistently successful for the first time ever.

Fast-forward 11 years, and that success has begun to wane. As such, Marc Gasol’s time in Memphis may be as well. NBA trade rumors have already begun their beginning stages ahead of the February 7th NBA Trade Deadline.

After a very promising start to 2018-19, Memphis has bombed down the West standings, currently six games out of a playoff spot and looking totally rudderless. All cards are now on the table, and that includes dealing Gasol, a likely free agent-to-be.

Some of us were ahead of the curve with this whole “trade Gasol” thing, but now that it is the subject of national attention, it deserves re-visiting. The question now becomes: where makes the most sense for him?

In an ironic, full-circle twist, there is likely no better suitor for another mutually-beneficial trade than the Lakers. Join Beale Street Bears as we explore why.

bob
MY NOTE: IF this happens then Memphis is likely tanking this season, which will mean we won't get their pick THIS year, but it will be more valuable next year.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-pelicans-dont-want-134014234.html

NBA Rumors: Pelicans don't want to trade Anthony Davis before deadline

Darren Hartwell
NBC Sports Boston•Jan 17, 2019, 5:40 AM

NBA Rumors: Pelicans don't want to trade Anthony Davis before deadline originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

If Danny Ainge watched ESPN's NBA Countdown show Wednesday night, he would have liked what Adrian Wojnarowski had to say.

Wojnarowski shared an update on Anthony Davis, insisting the New Orleans Pelicans have no desire to move their superstar forward before the Feb. 7 NBA trade deadline.

"Rich Paul, Anthony Davis' agent, told me they have not had any real substantial discussions about Anthony's future in New Orleans with the Pelicans," Wojnarowski said. "Anthony's focus has been on ... the playoff picture. But there's no promises about his future beyond the trade deadline.

"It's safe to say right now, I think he'll be there certainly through the trade deadline. New Orleans does not want to trade him. They will have to be forced into doing that."

Here's why this is good news for the Celtics' pursuit of Davis: Thanks to the "Rose Rule" (more on that here), the only way Boston can trade for the 25-year-old All-Star this season is if it gives up Kyrie Irving, which seems highly unlikely. As such, a Celtics run at Davis would have to wait until the offseason.

The Los Angeles Lakers have no such restrictions, however, and theoretically could try to trade for Davis right now. Many believe the Lakers are the front-runner to land Davis, who shares the same agent as LeBron James. So, Celtics fans rightfully have been concerned about L.A. swooping in and nabbing Davis before Boston can even step to the bargaining table.

Based on Woj's intelligence, though, it sounds like the Pelicans won't even entertain trade proposals for Davis -- who can opt out of his contract in 2020 -- before Feb. 7 as they try to get back in the playoff mix.

That means both the Celtics and Lakers *should* be able to make a run at Davis this summer, when the C's will have a wealth of assets to work with to try to entice New Orleans into a deal.

bob
MY NOTE:  This makes any Celtic trade other than "nibbling around the edges" by the trade deadline less likely.  Danny is going to keep his powder dry and husband all his most valuable assets until the Davis Saga is resolved one way or another.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 pm

kdp,

Weren't the Morris brothers on the same team and then Marquis got traded away pretty soon thereafter? Didn't the team promise to bring them together and then shafted them by splitting them up?

I know it's hard for GM's to make and keep promises but the Celtics would keep those two together as long as it made sense. They would definitely have each other's backs!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:kdp,

Weren't the Morris brothers on the same team and then Marquis got traded away pretty soon thereafter?  Didn't the team promise to bring them together and then shafted them by splitting them up?

I know it's hard for GM's to make and keep promises but the Celtics would keep those two together as long as it made sense.  They would definitely have each other's backs!!

db  

Phoenix it was
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:08 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-pelicans-dont-want-134014234.html

NBA Rumors: Pelicans don't want to trade Anthony Davis before deadline

Darren Hartwell
NBC Sports Boston•Jan 17, 2019, 5:40 AM

NBA Rumors: Pelicans don't want to trade Anthony Davis before deadline originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

If Danny Ainge watched ESPN's NBA Countdown show Wednesday night, he would have liked what Adrian Wojnarowski had to say.

Wojnarowski shared an update on Anthony Davis, insisting the New Orleans Pelicans have no desire to move their superstar forward before the Feb. 7 NBA trade deadline.

"Rich Paul, Anthony Davis' agent, told me they have not had any real substantial discussions about Anthony's future in New Orleans with the Pelicans," Wojnarowski said. "Anthony's focus has been on ... the playoff picture. But there's no promises about his future beyond the trade deadline.

"It's safe to say right now, I think he'll be there certainly through the trade deadline. New Orleans does not want to trade him. They will have to be forced into doing that."

Here's why this is good news for the Celtics' pursuit of Davis: Thanks to the "Rose Rule" (more on that here), the only way Boston can trade for the 25-year-old All-Star this season is if it gives up Kyrie Irving, which seems highly unlikely. As such, a Celtics run at Davis would have to wait until the offseason.

The Los Angeles Lakers have no such restrictions, however, and theoretically could try to trade for Davis right now. Many believe the Lakers are the front-runner to land Davis, who shares the same agent as LeBron James. So, Celtics fans rightfully have been concerned about L.A. swooping in and nabbing Davis before Boston can even step to the bargaining table.

Based on Woj's intelligence, though, it sounds like the Pelicans won't even entertain trade proposals for Davis -- who can opt out of his contract in 2020 -- before Feb. 7 as they try to get back in the playoff mix.

That means both the Celtics and Lakers *should* be able to make a run at Davis this summer, when the C's will have a wealth of assets to work with to try to entice New Orleans into a deal.

bob
MY NOTE:  This makes any Celtic trade other than "nibbling around the edges" by the trade deadline less likely.  Danny is going to keep his powder dry and husband all his most valuable assets until the Davis Saga is resolved one way or another.

There is no good reason why NOLA should trade AD now especially when the extension offer to AD has not even been published and the team with the most assets (Boston) cannot make a bid.  At some point we need more common sense.

NOLA looks to be going nowhere so the drama continues.  If you are the GM for NOLA you are looking at adding an excellent FA this summer and drafting a quality player.  That may convince Davis to stay.  If you are the GM for NOLA you have little incentive to trade Davis in the middle of the season.  It just makes no common sense to do that.

The Celtics are on a road this year and their final destination is TBA.  Danny is unlikely to do anything that will compromise his assets going into the summer.  He is not going to do that.  He has a lot of decisions to make and a lot of draft picks to contemplate.  Danny has managed to keep multiple balls in the air at the same time and not let a single one hit the floor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:22 pm

I definitely do not see a deal for Beal
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Don't see NOLA trading Davis, ever, unless they're sure he'll bolt as a FA.

Don't see BOS dealing for Beal. Too much weight against the cap and too much to be given up in trade.

Do see BOS dealing before the deadline, for a big to board and play D or a shooter, but a reserve type either way. Someone who wouldn't cost more than, for example, Yabusele, Ojeleye, and a pick.

Do see BOS being very active this offseason, bringing in stronger reserves and a big who might even be a rotation type. Several possible departures including Morris and Rozier, but hopefully not Irving. Picks and maybe even a rotation player or two likely in play I think. The depth of the playoff run should govern the amount of adjustment made IMO.

Do think the above four statements are about as safe a bet as one can make, and qualify for a sarcastic "really?"
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:37 am

NYCelt wrote:Don't see NOLA trading Davis, ever, unless they're sure he'll bolt as a FA.

Don't see BOS dealing for Beal. Too much weight against the cap and too much to be given up in trade.

Do see BOS dealing before the deadline, for a big to board and play D or a shooter, but a reserve type either way. Someone who wouldn't cost more than, for example, Yabusele, Ojeleye, and a pick.

Do see BOS being very active this offseason, bringing in stronger reserves and a big who might even be a rotation type. Several possible departures including Morris and Rozier, but hopefully not Irving. Picks and maybe even a rotation player or two likely in play I think. The depth of the playoff run should govern the amount of adjustment made IMO.

Do think the above four statements are about as safe a bet as one can make, and qualify for a sarcastic "really?"

I would guess a vet buy out (minimum deal here) for this year and I could see Morris re-signing here next season with Irving (depends on how much the owners are willing ti pay in Tax penalty's of course.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:40 am

kdp59

I think the Celtics want to win this year.  They have had an up and down season.  I could see them adding a low cost veteran big for the playoff run.  My biggest concern for this team going forward is at the center position.  The return of Aron Baynes has helped to stabilize the position but Al is now in a situation where his knee may flare up at anytime.  The longer we go into the season the more likely that this problem will present itself.

With respect to Morris, I am taking the contrarian view as I often do.  He'll turn 30 years old at the beginning of next season.  He is playing for his next contract which is likely to be his last substantial contract.  He is having a career year and has been one of our most consistent players all year long.

Therefore the Celtics should not resign him as a FA.  Think about this.  He is having a career year in year 9.  His career year is far from great at 14.8 PPG and 6.1 rebounds.  He is likely to return to the mean.  The Celtics have other more important payroll issues to address.  The Celtics can solve some of their rotation minutes issue easier without him in the mix.  The Celtics need a quality PF that can also defend the post.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 am

dboss wrote:kdp59

I think the Celtics want to win this year.  They have had an up and down season.  I could see them adding a low cost veteran big for the playoff run.  My biggest concern for this team going forward is at the center position.  The return of Aron Baynes has helped to stabilize the position but Al is now in a situation where his knee may flare up at anytime.  The longer we go into the season the more likely that this problem will present itself.

With respect to Morris, I am taking the contrarian view as I often do.  He'll turn 30 years old at the beginning of next season.  He is playing for his next contract which is likely to be his last substantial contract.  He is having a career year and has been one of our most consistent players all year long.

Therefore the Celtics should not resign him as a FA.  Think about this.  He is having a career year in year 9.  His career year is far from great at 14.8 PPG and 6.1 rebounds.  He is likely to return to the mean.  The Celtics have other more important payroll issues to address.  The Celtics can solve some of their rotation minutes issue easier without him in the mix.  The Celtics need a quality PF that can also defend the post.  

Interesting take. I hadn't looked at it that way but reasonable thinking and within the realm of possibilities.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:03 pm

I like that NYCelt. So, we include Morris in the package for AD this summer or will it be too late by that time? In other words do(n't) we have to trade him before he becomes an FA to get any value? Is this where/how the sign and trade works? (Forgive me, trades are my weak spot! Any tutorial(s) you wish to give will be greatly received and appreciated!)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next