Lakers at it again!!

+4
bobc33
dboss
worcester
dbrown4
8 posters

Go down

Lakers at it again!! Empty Lakers at it again!!

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:36 pm

From ESPN a little while ago...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25924855/los-angeles-lakers-offered-improved-anthony-davis-package-new-orleans-pelicans

OK, That's about enough.  And to preface everything, I don't even care about AD anymore.  But Golden Rule Danny (He who has the gold, makes the rules) may be good to take a pass on AD.  Sorry folks, but the LAL GM may be the biggest negotiating buffoon of all time.  First, if I were NOP upper management and the team where AD evidently wants to go low balled me to the point they didn't even pick up the phone to counter, you mark them off your list.  Period.  No other negotiations are necessary.

It's like you are selling your house.  Your blood, sweat and tears for years have gone into it.  And once you list it at let's say $500,000, the first bidder comes in at $250,000.  That's an insult.  If LAL gets AD and/or AD gets LAL, they deserve each other.

Sorry, Magic.  Should have stuck to the court where you were infinitely better!  But you as a negotiator is about as pathetic as one could imagine.  LAL may still get AD.  Again, if it goes down, they deserve each other because both LAL and NOP will get the shaft and won't win a championship ala LeBron because DA will still have all the gold.    

db

P.S. Bonus Question.  The 60-70's Rock Group Blood, Sweat and Tears got their name from.....?
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Lakers at it again!! Empty Re: Lakers at it again!!

Post by worcester Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

David Clayton Thomas' years in a Canadisn prison??
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:41 pm

No worcester but good guess. Think across the pond.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:43 pm

I don't get why AD would sign long term with the Bucks? Knicks I get. Clippers I get, LAL I get. Do they want an SAS Twin Towers II?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:01 pm

That is because Bucks and Clippers have not put an offer on the table and do not have the assets to make a bigtime trade now. The Knicks already tried to trade Porzingas to them before they went to Dallas.

This is just another message from AD to Boston to not trade for him.  But it is really another example that he wants to go to LAL.  

Danny will continue to monitor the situation if no deal is made by Thursday.

Celtics should kick the crap out of LA on Thursday just to send them a message.

Last edited by dboss on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Just a guess on the bonus question without google. Is it from a Churchill speech?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:38 pm

I do not know where they got their name from but them and CTA where my favorite Rock Group
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I don't get why AD would sign long term with the Bucks?  Knicks I get.  Clippers I get, LAL I get.  Do they want an SAS Twin Towers II?  

db

The Bucks and Knicks idea is probably a scam made up by Rich Paul.
It was made up to make it seem like AD didn’t only want to go to the Lakers.
Rich Paul knows that Milwaukee has two big expiring contracts (Bledsoe and Middleton), which is not what New Orleans wants.
As for the Knicks, they now don’t have the assets to acquire AD.
As for the Clippers, they don’t have young players or draft picks to acquire AD.
That leaves the Lakers...

Last edited by tjmakz on Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:08 pm

dbrown4 wrote:From ESPN a little while ago...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25924855/los-angeles-lakers-offered-improved-anthony-davis-package-new-orleans-pelicans

OK, That's about enough.  And to preface everything, I don't even care about AD anymore.  But Golden Rule Danny (He who has the gold, makes the rules) may be good to take a pass on AD.  Sorry folks, but the LAL GM may be the biggest negotiating buffoon of all time.  First, if I were NOP upper management and the team where AD evidently wants to go low balled me to the point they didn't even pick up the phone to counter, you mark them off your list.  Period.  No other negotiations are necessary.

It's like you are selling your house.  Your blood, sweat and tears for years have gone into it.  And once you list it at let's say $500,000, the first bidder comes in at $250,000.  That's an insult.  If LAL gets AD and/or AD gets LAL, they deserve each other.

Sorry, Magic.  Should have stuck to the court where you were infinitely better!  But you as a negotiator is about as pathetic as one could imagine.  LAL may still get AD.  Again, if it goes down, they deserve each other because both LAL and NOP will get the shaft and won't win a championship ala LeBron because DA will still have all the gold.    

db

P.S. Bonus Question.  The 60-70's Rock Group Blood, Sweat and Tears got their name from.....?

How do you know the end result of a Lebron and AD pairing when we have no idea who else will be on the roster, especially next year?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:50 pm

The Lakers are willing to surrender Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Beasley, Lance Stephenson, and two first-round picks for Davis and Hill, reports Brad Turner of The Los Angeles Times.

My Note: NOLA would have a lot of cap space if they did this deal. Basically LAL want to turn NOLA into the LAL pre-lebron.

If they Keep Randle who has a player option and is looking for more than $9 million given how well he played here and their top shooter Mirotic who is a FA and will also want a raise. They could go after a center like Vucervic. I do not believe any of the top FA will want to join a team that is essentially in a rebuilding mode. No easy choices for them at this point. Also a 6-2 exchange means they could have to do something about their roster since they do not have enough spots. At the end of the season LA can no longer give them 3 expiring contracts.

Really not a lot of options for them with the LA offer.

They will wait on Boston.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Dbrown....of course, Winston Churchill!
Re AD. I don't take anything from him, the press, or the Lakers seriously. Not until 7.1.19. NOLA may have made a deal with Danny by then. We really know nothing at this point. Are focus as Kyrie says has to be on this year. This season. The next 130 days.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 pm

This situation really highlights the difficulty of making a mid-season trade where so many players are involved.

If NOLA waits until the summer they may have more teams interested. They almost have no choice but to wait this one out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Churchill is correct!! Nice work guys!

db

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Maybe a reason why the Lakers are having trouble making the deal go down is that if they trade Lonzo to NOP then his father goes with him and that's the real deal breaker.

LaVar is going off on Magic and Walton AND Anthony Davis now. I know it's hard for 20-somethings to tell their fathers to STFU because they're making things worse but, you know, STFU LaVar...

btw, LiAngelo is, I believe, not playing anywhere professionally. So much for the Ball Brothers bringing multiple championships to LA...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Pacers fans were savage last night Laughing

Lebron's Gonna Trade You

Not Worth Trading  

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:59 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Pacers fans were savage last night Laughing

Lebron's Gonna Trade You

Not Worth Trading  

And McGee tweets a picture of 2 championship trophy’s with the caption ‘don’t forget’ haaa
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down