Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination"

+5
Ktronic1
gyso
dbrown4
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination" Empty Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination"

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:20 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/report-anthony-davis-still-doesnt-see-boston-long-term-destination?int

Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination" Anthony-davis

Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination"

By NBC Sports Boston Staff February 19, 2019 1:09 PM

Anthony Davis has been all over the map when it comes to talking about his future plans.

After declaring that all of the other 29 teams in the NBA are on his "list" of destinations—despite the fact it is widely believed Davis is merely eyeing a rendezvous on the Lakers with LeBron James, a report suggests that despite the fanfare, the Celtics are simply not regarded as a destination by Davis.

According to Shams Charania of Stadium:

“There are a couple other teams right now undisclosed that he would also consider,” Charania said. “The Celtics, I’m told, are still not a long-term destination for him of preference in his mind. Where the Celtics stand has not changed despite what Anthony Davis said over the weekend. Sources told me the Celtics are not in it as far as the long-term play, but listen, it’s going to depend exactly on where the Pelicans want to trade him.”

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1097648386084425734
Stadium
✔️
@Stadium
"The Celtics, I'm told, are still not a long-term destination for him in his mind." - @ShamsCharania has the latest on the Anthony Davis trade rumors.

4:05 PM - Feb 18, 2019
95 people are talking about this

Davis' approach is political as much as anything else. It makes sense that Davis does not want to turn off or anger the team the New Orleans Pelicans will trade him to, while the superstar power forward/center still would have time remaining on his contract regardless of where he ends up.

bob
MY NOTE:  Do NOT f this up, Danny.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination" Empty Re: Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination"

Post by dbrown4 Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:32 pm

It doesn't this story help much that this person's first name is Shams....I'm just sayin'!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination" Empty Re: Report: Anthony Davis still doesn't see Boston as "a long term destination"

Post by gyso Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Look the other way, Danny. He's a heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker, don't you mess around with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 pm

gyso wrote:Look the other way, Danny.  He's a heartbreaker, dream maker, love taker, don't you mess around with him.

Next! :>)
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:38 pm

Ainge is no dope.  He will not risk a 5 year building process by trading all his top young players for a 1 year rental.  I would insist, if it is allowed by the league of a renegotiated contract by NO and then a sign and trade.  If not, walk away.

Love to have Davis but he is acting like a jerk.

Look for Ainge to give the league's GM's a little razzle dazzle by holding up the shining, glittering Davis in front of everyone with one hand, while Ainge quietly picks up a top center elsewhere in an "Out of No Where" trade and perhaps for less assets.
If it happens look to the West for such a trade.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 am

112288 wrote:Ainge is no dope.  He will not risk a 5 year building process by trading all his top young players for a 1 year rental.  I would insist, if it is allowed by the league of a renegotiated contract by NO and then a sign and trade.  If not, walk away.

Love to have Davis but he is acting like a jerk.

Look for Ainge to give the league's GM's a little razzle dazzle by holding up the shining, glittering Davis in front of everyone with one hand, while Ainge quietly picks up a top center elsewhere in an "Out of No Where" trade and perhaps for less assets.
If it happens look to the West for such a trade.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 am

....and we still have young Mr Williams

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 am

If winning is the primary criteria driving his decision, then Boston has to be on top of his list.  Period.

We desperately need the games to start again. Between Davis and Kyrie - enough talking already FFS.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm

gyso, I like the Pat Benatar reference!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 pm

I would not count out free agent Boogie Cousins as an Ainge target.  Move Horford to PF and you really have size in the front court.  And keep all your assets and trade for another super wing!

You can also roll the draft picks out further to future picks and trade them to rebuilding teams who will be below 500 and top 10 pick for a few years.

Lot's of options if you get Boogie.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:06 pm

112288 wrote:I would not count out free agent Boogie Cousins as an Ainge target.  Move Horford to PF and you really have size in the front court.  And keep all your assets and trade for another super wing!

You can also roll the draft picks out further to future picks and trade them to rebuilding teams who will be below 500 and top 10 pick for a few years.

The Celtics will not be a player in free agency for a while so any opportunity to sign Boggie  is pretty much null and void.

Personally I do not like him and hope that he is never in a Celtics uniform.

Also AH is not a modern day PF.  He is in the Twilight Zone caught between playing as an NBA center but staying outside on the perimeter where he makes his living.  I think AH does not have a long term tenure with the Celtics.

If we lose this year AH may be the primary reason.  He is declining faster than a junk bond.

I know this may appear to be rather cruel but I see no future in trying to pair Boogie with AH because there is no future with that pairing.

Boston will either blow up the team with a trade for AD or move forward with Tatum as a PF and will use remaining draft assets to fill in the spaces.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and is not meant to impugn your take on things as I am usually wrong about things.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:13 pm

Love Pat Benatar. Thanks Gyso.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 pm

dboss wrote:
112288 wrote:I would not count out free agent Boogie Cousins as an Ainge target.  Move Horford to PF and you really have size in the front court.  And keep all your assets and trade for another super wing!

The Celtics will not be a player in free agency for a while so any opportunity to sign Boggie  is pretty much null and void.

Personally I do not like him and hope that he is never in a Celtics uniform.

Also AH is not a modern day PF.  He is in the Twilight Zone caught between playing as an NBA center but staying outside on the perimeter where he makes his living.  I think AH does not have a long term tenure with the Celtics.

If we lose this year AH may be the primary reason.  He is declining faster than a junk bond.

I know this may appear to be rather cruel but I see no future in trying to pair Boogie with AH because there is no future with that pairing.

Boston will either blow up the team with a trade for AD or move forward with Tatum as a PF and will use remaining draft assets to fill in the spaces.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and is not meant to impugn your take on things as I am usually wrong about things.

You state that the Celtics will not be a player in free agency but you offer no backup evidence as to why?

The Celtics are very much in the free agent market if they choose not to trade for Davis.

BTW Horford has a great game tonight so I am not sure what if you are just being selective and picking out crap games that he played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down