bobc33
LACELTFAN
Sam
jeb
12 posters

Go down

a little something about sam's club Empty a little something about sam's club

Post by jeb Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm

This has been a relentlessly freaky season with many highs and many "it's over" type lows. I came late to this place as most of the core was already active at bdc. That forum turned into a sandbox (or on some days a litter box). So yall created this one.

It has been a real treat for me to have all of you other celtics geeks to bounce things off of. It has been wonderful for me to have the long perspective of those of you who saw those great 60's teams play. My knowledge goes back only to the late 70's and Bird years. Sam and all the mods and Rosie t lacelt and the great bobheck, worcester , berlin t and quiet reader, Mr Kleen and Cow...swede bygpyg and steve33, Pete and hoop...Bobc... from the Laker side Sky, MG and Tj. EVERYBODY here. You all helped me stay balanced in my perspective and this season has been the best yet in my celtics watching days because of yall.

The way this team has fought and the pride and grit and just plain ganas they have proven after everybody had written them off...all eyes focused on the "king" or "d" wade or "superman" has taken me by surprise and made me very proud to be a celtics fan and best of all they have done it in Celtic style together. Sharing this rare and beautiful moment (made real by the deaths of players like Bias and Lewis in terms of how fleeting it all is and how much it needs to be honored and appreciated) with you all has made this a very moving season of basketball.

I mean seriously you could'nt write this shit.

So thanks to you all and to the Boston Celtics

One more win.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

a little something about sam's club Empty Re: a little something about sam's club

Post by Sam Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:55 pm

On behalf of all the board, thanks, Jeb. Although I think you may have been on an egg high when you wrote them, your comments are greatly appreciated. Meeting you in SF was a particular treat for both Mrs. Sam and myself. To tell the truth, I expected to see some skinny farmer with a scarecrow hat and straw sticking out of his mouth. But what we met was just a great guy! The champagne was all the more special because you gave it to us.

I used to recoil when some people called this a "club" because I thought it suggested a clique of privilege. But I know better now. It really is a club in the sense of being a large group of people who care about the Celtics but care about one another even more.

Whatever happens from here on, Jeb, you and the rest of this board have to be congratulated on sticking with the Celtics through this roller coaster season; and right now—before the most important game(s) of the season seems an appropriate time to recognize the camaraderie and singleness of purpose shared by Celtics fans and friendly competitors alike.

It's also a perfect time to mention, once again, the fantastic contributions of all the administrators: NYCelt, gyso, Pete, dboss and 112288. There's a group of five who can take the floor for me any time.

Here's hoping we soon have something else to celebrate. But, regardless of that, this board has to be declared a success because of the quality of all the people who populate it.

All the best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

a little something about sam's club Empty Re: a little something about sam's club

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 pm

What's that Jeb? How many eggs can you eat?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 pm

I can eat 50 eggs
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Certainly the most decent bunch of guys (and gal) to be found east of the Rockies.

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

bobc33 wrote:Certainly the most decent bunch of guys (and gal) to be found east of the Rockies.
...and what about us left coasties bobc? What are we, chopped liver and fava beans?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:
bobc33 wrote:Certainly the most decent bunch of guys (and gal) to be found east of the Rockies.
...and what about us left coasties bobc? What are we, chopped liver and fava beans?

I wrote that quickly with the thought process of there are no decent people west of the Rockies; but knowing you, MG, BobH and a few others out there are as decent as they come, I plead mea maxima culpa. a little something about sam's club Icon_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:59 am

No worries BobC... There are C fans all over the world.....Gotta love the Green....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 am

Jeb,

Besides your methane contribution I thank you for making me laugh on a regular basis. I enjoy reading here because of the quality of information and opinion and friendly banter. It has been quite a season to remember.

Living here in sports hell (north florida) I don't get much of an exhange with folks about the NBA or even other sports that aren't the Gators or Left Turn Only circuit. This place rocks.

Thanks to Sam and the Moderators and the steady stream of input on both Celtics and life topics.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 am

Mmmm eggs..

My girlfriends parents live next to some people who work at an egg packing facility so they got a couple of dozen free eggs every week.

I love eggs Very Happy

Great board, great people, great team!

Go Celtics! (just one more win)
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:57 am

Hey Hoop,

Hows your rebuilding process coming? My wife's looking forward to some grits.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am

Sam,

New glass windows and doors are in, and we just need a little touch up. All that's left is some serious whining while dealing with the insurance companies.

Tell Mrs. Sam the grits are ready and hot and plenty of home cooked hickory smoked bacon bits for her.

BTW, as stressful as the last few weeks were, my wife and I are leaving for San Juan in a few hours to get out of Dodge. A sort of mental health vacation. So I'll be getting off the plane at 7pm and beating it to my hotel to watch the game at 9pm.

Go Celtics, Amigos!

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:27 am

LACELTFAN wrote:

Chopped liver and fava beans - mmmmmmmmmmmm - two of my favorite foods.

And thanks to all members of the club for a wonderful season of posting.

One more win!
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:43 am

I don't post often but I visit this site daily without fail. I've really enjoyed getting to know you guys and learning even more about basketball, our beloved celtics and life in general. Win or lose (hopefully win) this has been as an enjoyable nba season as I can remember and alot of that is due to this site and and the members who make it a great place to be. Thanks to Sam, the moderators and each and every member for the knowledge and enjoyment you've given me.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am

An intellectual oasis in an angry sea of basketball illiterates.

Worth every, single last penny I paid to join and every single last second I've invested exchanging thoughts with all of you.

Throw my thanks into the ring too. I am completely cognizant of the fact that I would NEVER be making this statement if I was still at BDC.

Thanks Sam, 112288, gyso, pete, dboss and nycelt and thanks to every poster. It has been, still is and will continue to be, a pleasure.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh yes, it's a pleasure indeed to be on this site, where people don't scream at you with unending strings of capital letters and exclamation points.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:11 pm

As one of the only women on this board, I have to tell each and every one of you how much I enjoy turning on my computer after supper every night, when the meal is cooked the dishes are done and it is MY time.

As a die hard, long, long time Celtics fan, it is hard to find people who feel the same way I do. In the past few years, it was easy to give up on the Celts and figure nothing good was going to happen. Then 2007 came, and the world looked bright again.

Exchanging opinions with all of you has bee most enjoyable. I know I am a softy, always believing the best was yet to come, especially this year. But,
it has. I can't believe that I will be watching them play for the title tonight,
when so many gave up on them. You guys have been a real treasure.
Thanks for not making me feel "girly"! and crazy!

THE WORLD WILL TURN GREEN AGAIN TONIGHT, AND MY GUY, RAY, WILL HAVE ALOT TO DO WITH IT!!!

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Rosalie, did you know that Ray didn't sleep Saturday night before Sunday's game because he was in the hospital with his diabetic son who was going SOUTH because of excessively, dangerously low blood sugar? The guy is a consummate pro. I have never heard him complain about anything or anyone.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Yes, I read that. Did you know that since his boy was diagnosed, Ray has joined the board of the Joselyn Clinic to raise money for children > He is quite a guy, and I am sure that has alot to do with why he is willing to sign for less here and help his son. He doesn't look for the pat on the back, he just does whatever he can. He is quite a guy.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 pm

geeze this could be the last game of the season...a very good one to win the last one.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Jeb, if this is the last game of the season just think of the fun we'll have this off season eating hard boiled eggs and reveling in the glory of banner #18. I'm so excited right now I'm ready to take my dirt out of your hole and bury the lakers in it!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:01 pm

willjr

what's your dirt doin in boss doc's hole?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:50 pm

I dug that hole for the express purpose of seeing our boys climb out of it to take the title!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm

well you better get it outta there!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Jeb,

I am writing this from work before heading home. What a great thread to start. I view this forum as sort of a party. We all come here, hang out, talk a little about life, families, and a whole lot about basketball. With that said, Sam has been for the 2 years I have been posting an outstanding host. First at BDC, and now here with his own forum.

I have enjoyed exchanging posts with the likes of Jeb, BobHeckler, Matty, LaCelt, BeatLA, gyso, NYCelt, bigpygme, tj, and babyskyhook to name a few. I also have enjoyed reading posts from everyone else, although I had to bite my tongue (so to speak) on most occasions. I sense that some still given the choice would rather not have Lakers’ Fans hanging out here. Or maybe just this Lakers fan. Sam, along with the mods, have created a real basketball treasure here. I believe a small piece of that success is credited to a few fans from other teams posting here. Regardless what happens tonight in game 7, I just want everyone to know that this has been an outstanding season for both teams and both fan bases (sp) should be very proud of their teams. One more game left, but no matter the result, have a great off season.

Thank you to the mods, board members, and especially to Sam and Mrs Sam. Yes, Mrs Sam for being extremely supportive of Sam with his never ending love for his Celtics. Who knows, without that support, maybe we have less of Sam posting, and no Sam’s Forum. I am pulling for the Lakers. However, if the Celts win, a little piece of myself would be happy because I know it would make Sam happy.

Take care all,

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down