Baller's Club

4 posters

Go down

Baller's Club Empty Baller's Club

Post by dboss Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I floated a narrative before the season, that our 3 wings could be 18 PPG scorers.  This was based on their abilities combined with increased opportunities.  If you recall I viewed the loss of guys like Marcus Morris and even Terry Rozier as a pairing down of the roster which should in theory open up more minutes and scoring opportunities for guys like Gordon and Jaylen.

I know some people did not see this coming.  There had to be questions about Hayward's ability to return to an allstar level quality of play and Jaylen has remained as the other young stud wing who was not on the same level as Jason Tatum.  Tatum stepped off the court in Cameron onto the TD Garden floor and has never missed a beat.  He has started every single game in his short tenure with the Celtics.  He has not been saddled with the same level of adversity as Jaylen.  An argument can be made that Jaylen Brown is second fiddle to no one including Jason Tatum.

With both J's playing at this level, the Celtics are well stocked to compete at a high level for a LONG time.  Gordon, despite the resent setback, should be expected to continue his journey to be an allstar quality player.

Kemba Walker looks to be an allstar again this year.  On paper we have 4 outstanding players that should be in the running for an allstar berth.  Actually the way Marcus Smart has been balling at both ends he really should be in the conversation but as we know the PPG category dominates the mindset of voters.

20 PPG is a good baseline with which to find allstar level players and we now have 4 of them give or take a point or 2.

This is the ballers club.  This is a perfect example of how to build a great team.  This is the right formula for drafting well and having the patience to stay the course with young guys that are still in the developmental stage of their careers. This is the way you add high end free agents to the mix.  This is exactly how you build a championship.  You create a ballers club.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Baller's Club Empty Re: Baller's Club

Post by worcester Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:57 pm

In 2 more years R Will could be an All Star too if he really learns the game.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:07 pm

worcester wrote:In 2 more years R Will could be an All Star too if he really learns the game.
Worcester I do not know if he will be an allstar but I think he will be our starting center
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm

He can do so much for us as he develops. Then there is Tacko too. Probably not an All Star but possibly a big headache for opposing coaches.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Worcester the great thing is that we have a lot of YOUNG quality talent that continues to get better every year.  RW falls into that category.  

He is the most athletically gifted big man that Danny has ever drafted.  He is now working at his trade and I do believe that with increased playing time comes meaningful reps.  I feel a sense that Boston may be right on the cusp of contention.  Brad is finally playing Robert.  He has so many things to improve on but you cannot help but see the raw talent.

In many respects I thought this season would be a bridge year.  But this team may not see it that way.  

Play at our center position will ultimately determine how far this year's team can go.  Everything else looks fantastic!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:29 pm

100% agree dboss. I thought we would win 56 games this year and win the ECF. May very well happen. We have young, gifted, developing talent, cohesion and now developing continuity, a very good coach, decent salary cap numbers, and a tremendous fan base. And for the first time in decades a chance to have a quality center if RW keeps progressing. Our future is bright.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 pm

What has surprised me the most has been the defense, how effective the 3 wing line up, without a true PF has been able to compete and wreak enough havoc. Tatum, Brown and Smart have all taken turns guarding 4’s, and we haven’t come close to being abused on the inside. Make no mistake, it was great getting rid of Kyrie, Rozier and Morris.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:16 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:What has surprised me the most has been the defense, how effective the 3 wing line up, without a true PF has been able to compete and wreak enough havoc. Tatum, Brown and Smart have all taken turns guarding 4’s, and we haven’t come close to being abused on the inside. Make no mistake, it was great getting rid of Kyrie, Rozier and Morris.

Cow,

Holy Shit!  Small Ball can defend!  Ok, maybe not with GWill @ 5, but we don't need a 4.

Maybe this whole "positionless basketball" crap Brad's been implementing might actually make sense!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 pm

Time to bring back Kelly O?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down