Tony Allen, Celtic for life?

4 posters

Go down

Tony Allen, Celtic for life? Empty Tony Allen, Celtic for life?

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 am

This from a WEEI interview:

Tony Allen made it clear where he wants to play basketball next season.

“I am a Celtic,” he told WEEI.com. “I love being a Celtic. It’d mean everything in the world [return next season].”

Allen will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. He has garnered attention during the playoffs with his gritty defense against some of the league’s best perimeter scorers, most recently containing Kobe Bryant in the NBA finals.

While Allen attested that he is focused on winning a championship, not free agency — “I haven’t really thought about summer right now,” he said. “All I’m worried about is the finals.” — he hopes he has played his way to another contract in Boston.

Allen has spent his entire career with the Celtics. He was selected by the team with the 25th pick in the 2004 NBA Draft and signed his current two-year deal (worth $2.5 million a year) following the 2008 championship season.

Even though basketball is a business and the look of a team can change in an instant, Allen can’t imagine himself wearing anything but green next season.

“None whatsoever, none whatsoever,” he said. “I mean, things happen but I feel like I’m going to be a Celtic for life.”

Well, Tony, the best way for you to make this happen would be for you to have a BIG game tonight.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Tony Allen, Celtic for life? Empty Re: Tony Allen, Celtic for life?

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 am

Agreed, but he's clearly done way more than enough to date to earn my vote. I'm pretty sure LA is going to make a play for him just so Kobe won't have to ever see him in an opposing Green uniform making his life a living hell. If you can't beat 'em...
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 am

TA has already earned a new contract IMO. He is never going to be a star in this league (in spite of superstar athletic ability), but as a defender and slasher - he is a great guy to bring in of the bench.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:TA has already earned a new contract IMO. He is never going to be a star in this league (in spite of superstar athletic ability), but as a defender and slasher - he is a great guy to bring in of the bench.

mrkleen,

Certainly, he's worth the $2.5M he's made per year the last two years. I don't know if he'll want a raise, but I'd sign him in a hummingbird's heartbeat if he'd just take another 2 year extension at the same rate.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Just an aside now that we're talking about TA. I was until recently, related to TA's agent, Michael Higgins. A cousin of mine on my mother's side married him until they were separated/divorced recently.

He used to be partnered with David Falk.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Just an aside now that we're talking about TA. I was until recently, related to TA's agent, Michael Higgins. A cousin of mine on my mother's side married him until they were separated/divorced recently.

He used to be partnered with David Falk.

dbrown,

That's less than 6 degrees.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, it's close. My mother's sister's second husband's daughter. I think you just refer to that one as related "by marriage"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, it's close. My mother's sister's second husband's daughter. I think you just refer to that one as related "by marriage"!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:09 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Well, it's close. My mother's sister's second husband's daughter. I think you just refer to that one as related "by marriage"!

dbrown,

I say, if you actually know someone, that's one degree. The fact that you met them through someone else is irrelevant if you know them after that. I mean, if my friend introduces me to someone and I become friends with that person after that, they're not 2 degrees from me anymore, they're just one.

I'm going to assume you actually knew your mother's sister (your aunt). That means you're 4 degrees from Tony Allen, 5 degrees from KG and 6 degrees from Bill Russell!!! If you actually knew and were friends with your aunt's second husband, then that would bring that closer and you could use your 6th degree of separation to include Red.

Still, nowhere near as good as Sam, who was best friends with Sam Jones, who played for Red, but helluva lot closer than me.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Sam's still a good friend. You can bet we'll be corresponding if the Celts can win one more.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down