NYCelt
dboss
KyleCleric
worcester
kdp59
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets Empty Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 am

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
yesterday
Carsen Edwards has 57 points on 21/39 FG in his first three summer league games. He's shooting 48% from deep.

If Carson Edwards averages 19ppg in summer league while playing acceptable defense (at the minimum) and doesn't make the team then summer league isn't a basketball tryout opportunity, it's a farce.  And if Edwards doesn't make the team when he is one of the best players in summer league, why did Danny draft him at all?  He's scoring like a high lottery pick whose business card reads "Professional Scorer" and he's a 2nd rounder.  I have NO idea if he can score like this when it's NBA sized talent guarding him, NBA sized and strong defenders bouncing him off of picks but he has done everything and shown everything he could have so far.

This time he scored 23 off the bench.  This is more significant since the bench is where he will be.  If he only goes nuts when he starts, like Terry Rozier, he'd be useless.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets Empty Re: Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets

Post by kdp59 Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 am

Like Tacko, Carson WILL be on a NBA roster this year.

either here or with some other team.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets Empty Re: Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets

Post by worcester Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:28 am

Danny will be signing Carsen to a 2 year deal this week. Count on it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:35 am

worcester wrote:Danny will be signing Carsen to a 2 year deal this week. Count on it.
Unless it’s a 3 or 4 year deal

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:48 am

My bet is 3 one-year deals with team options, like Semi got, with some guaranteed money.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 am

If only we had a 4. This team would rock.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:19 am

The 2019 edition of the Celtics Summer League team has been very exciting and intriguing.

There in no doubt that Edwards will wear the green and I fully expect him to be in the rotation. 

The Celtics signed Wanamaker to have a veteran presence at PG now I wonder if that roster spot could have been used differently.  Even the kid Waters shows promise as a PG.

Grant Williams had another solid outing with 16 points and 8 rebounds (3 offensive )

Tacko Fall has emerged as a player you want to see more of.  There was a very interesting sequence where he was playing on the ball defense and his smaller opponent was moving back and forth trying to shake him but Tacko was right there with him,  They showed it on replay and his quick footwork was impressive for a guy his height.

Danny Ainge was sitting at  the end of the Celtics bench giving him an upfront and close look at his team.  He was also doing some coaching as I saw him in and Waters conversing.   You can believe that he was watching Fall and his mind was at work as he devises a way to keep him.  He is an unrestricted, undrafted FA.  It is not possible to hide him.  My fear is that a team may look at him and think okay we can get him the 15th roster spot.  

I hate to keep picking on Yabusele because I think he is a good guy and tries hard but he is a pimple on the ass of progress.  The Celtics need his roster spot.  With Boston using a 1st rounder to get Williams it makes no sense to keep Yabusele.  

Brad was interviewed during the game and he is super high on Jayson and Jaylen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 am

Adam Himmelsbach: Hearing that the Celtics have been having contract discussions with second-round pick Carsen Edwards, looking at a few different concepts related to guarantees etc. 19 hours ago – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach
Carsen Edwards, Boston Celtics
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 am

KyleCleric wrote:
worcester wrote:Danny will be signing Carsen to a 2 year deal this week. Count on it.

I am pretty sure that in order to sign a 2nd round pick or an undrafted free agent to a 3 or 4 year contract, a team has to use cap space to sign them.
So, it looks like Edwards will get a 2 year contract which could be fully guaranteed based on the way he has played in summer league.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:59 am

tjmakz wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

I am pretty sure that in order to sign a 2nd round pick or an undrafted free agent to a 3 or 4 year contract, a team has to use cap space to sign them.
So, it looks like Edwards will get a 2 year contract which could be fully guaranteed based on the way he has played in summer league.
There is cap space based on timing of transactions.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:05 pm

dboss,

I well remember you defending Mr. Yabusele in the middle of last season when others were calling for his roster spot at that time.

Glad that you have finally seen this guy as the wasted draft pick that he was.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm

wideclyde wrote:dboss,

I well remember you defending Mr. Yabusele in the middle of last season when others were calling for his roster spot at that time.

Glad that you have finally seen this guy as the wasted draft pick that he was.

You must be confusing me with someone else.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:29 pm

No need for recriminations.

Moving forward to a surprisingly successful new season folks...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Stats after three:

Vegas Summer League - Game 3 vs Nuggets 2019_n14

https://www.nba.com/summerleague/2019/stats?team=celtics&league=vegas

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Yabu is injured and out for the rest of summer league. Au revoir , big fella.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm

I know it is a small sample, but I am not impressed with Strus.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:20 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I know it is a small sample, but I am not impressed with Strus.

He missed the first game because of some injury. I'm not sure it was. He's looked fine so far. They don't need to make a decision on him/Waters/Fall until September.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:31 pm

True.They can have 17 with the 2 ways, right?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:True.They can have 17 with the 2 ways, right?

Yes

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down