+4
wideclyde
cowens/oldschool
tjmakz
dboss
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will Howard end up back with the Lakers - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Howard end up back with the Lakers

Post by dboss Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:10 pm

TJ I actually like Howard even though he is goofy.  I think he was the best choice for adding a legit big to the team.

I'm obviously having a little fun here.

With all the small 5's playing these days Davis would have a big advantage over them.  I just do not see how a lineup of James, Davis and a tradition canter works for them.  I think they are setting themselves up for a traffic Jam in the paint.

How long do you think it will be before Vogel gets canned after getting stabbed in the back by Jason kidd?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Will Howard end up back with the Lakers - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Howard end up back with the Lakers

Post by tjmakz Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:32 pm

dboss wrote:TJ I actually like Howard even though he is goofy.  I think he was the best choice for adding a legit big to the team.

I'm obviously having a little fun here.

With all the small 5's playing these days Davis would have a big advantage over them.  I just do not see how a lineup of James, Davis and a tradition canter works for them.  I think they are setting themselves up for a traffic Jam in the paint.

How long do you think it will be before Vogel gets canned after getting stabbed in the back by Jason kidd?

Lebron and AD are great with the ball.
Howard and McGee will set picks, dunk and rebound on offense.
I think LA could have the best defensive PF/C combination in the league with AD and Howard/McGee.

The Lakers have had so much drama in recent years, especially over the last 12 months.
I hope the Kidd/Vogel situation does not become an issue, but it could.
Having Lionel Hollins next to Kidd should be a stabilizing force.
Lionel is very well respected among the players in the league.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:46 pm

If Ainge were to ever have interest in Howard, it might have been about five or six years ago OR
five or six teams ago. It is amazing to me that a guy who had the world in his hands when he started playing professional basketball could have thrown his career into the toilet the way he has.
That stupid smirk on his face has not helped him. He has had his chances on some really good teams, LA. Houston, but failed. Let the chips fall where they may, if he finishes the season in LA I will be shocked
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm

TJ

Lebron is great with the ball, AD is very good but not great.

LA centers are above average rim protectors but none of them can defend away from the paint.  AD is able to defend away from the paint.  So defending the paint is a plus for them.  I would have to say that both Howard and McGee do not have diverse defensive skills.

LA should not have hired Jason Kidd.  Hollins does nothing to help that out.  

Lebron is going to coach the team.  He will decide who should play together, what plays should be run.  If LA struggles out of the gate, Vogel's seat on the bench will heat up.  If Lebron does not like Vogel he will be fired.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:40 pm

dboss wrote:TJ

Lebron is great with the ball, AD is very good but not great.

LA centers are above average rim protectors but none of them can defend away from the paint.  AD is able to defend away from the paint.  So defending the paint is a plus for them.  I would have to say that both Howard and McGee do not have diverse defensive skills.

LA should not have hired Jason Kidd.  Hollins does nothing to help that out.  

Lebron is going to coach the team.  He will decide who should play together, what plays should be run.  If LA struggles out of the gate, Vogel's seat on the bench will heat up.  If Lebron does not like Vogel he will be fired.

dboss,

We don't know how and why the Kidd/Vogel situation happened.
If Kidd was Lebron's guy, he would probably be the head coach.

I strongly disagree about the Lakers centers guarding away from the paint.
Name a better defensive PF/C combo in the league.
Dwight, McGee and AD are are great rim defenders and all are excellent playing the pick and roll.
AD has led the league in blocks per game 3 times and could have won it again last year if his minutes weren't limited.
AD and Giannis are probably the most versatile defensive big men in the league.
Versatile as in their ability to guard effectively guards, wings and big men.
McGee was 2nd in the league in blocks per minute last year. Most of his blocks were from picking up another player who was at or driving from the perimeter.
If Dwight is healthy and he looks healthy, he is a rebounding and defensive machine.
The Lakers have a lot to prove as a team.
Interior defense will be there from game 1.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:51 pm

From Anthony Davis today.

"Battling [centers] can wear on your body. So I think having JaVale [McGee] and having DeMarcus [Cousins] before he got hurt and now having Dwight [Howard] takes pressure off of me and allows me to play and withstand an 82-game season and going into the playoffs. But obviously, if we have to and we're playing a big lineup where I'm at the 5, then I'm willing to do it. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853029-lakers-news-anthony-davis-wants-to-be-dpoy-1st-team-all-defense-with-lebron?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:50 pm

TJ

I am not questioning AD's defense.  I said McGee and Howard are not defending everywhere.  They just defend in the paint.  Therefore the notion that the 3 of them represent the best C/PF defensive unit is suspect.  Howard only played 9 games last year and AD always misses more than his share of games.  

Joel Embid and Al Horford are a great C/PF paring.  McGee probably plays less minutes this year with Howard and AD on the team.  

I actually think that a paring of AD with either Howard or McGee is a bad paring.  You only see their inside defensive strength but not  how they can defend away from the basket.  On offense, Howard can only score inside.  Same with Mcgee so when LA has AD, a center and Lebron in there together they cannot spread the floor or open up the paint where Lebron and AD earn their money on offense. 

When your two best players that will take most of the shots on the team and cannot make a 3 point shot they have to get to the paint to score.  If you have a center clogging the paint then it stifles the offense.  I guess you cannot see that but know this, today's NBA is about spreading the floor on offense and defending the perimeter on defense.  LA's frontline does neither.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:15 pm

I am not questioning AD's defense.  I said McGee and Howard are not defending everywhere.  They just defend in the paint.  Therefore the notion that the 3 of them represent the best C/PF defensive unit is suspect.  Howard only played 9 games last year and AD always misses more than his share of games.  

Joel Embid and Al Horford are a great C/PF paring.  McGee probably plays less minutes this year with Howard and AD on the team.  

I actually think that a paring of AD with either Howard or McGee is a bad paring.  You only see their inside defensive strength but not  how they can defend away from the basket.  On offense, Howard can only score inside.  Same with Mcgee so when LA has AD, a center and Lebron in there together they cannot spread the floor or open up the paint where Lebron and AD earn their money on offense. 

When your two best players that will take most of the shots on the team and cannot make a 3 point shot they have to get to the paint to score.  If you have a center clogging the paint then it stifles the offense.  I guess you cannot see that but know this, today's NBA is about spreading the floor on offense and defending the perimeter on defense.  LA's frontline does neither.

dboss,

You must not have watched many Lakers games last year.
McGee was an excellent pick and roll defender last year.
He is not the defender Gobert is but he is a better defender on switches and covering the 3 point line.
Mitchell Robinson in my opinion is easily best defensive center when it comes to guarding smaller players on switches.
McGee is in the top 5 in the league in covering on switches in my opinion.

If today's NBA is about spreading the floor on offense, why in the world did Boston sign Kanter?
He does not stretch the floor and could be the worst center in the league on perimeter defense.
I'm not saying your are wrong, I'm just curious why Boston would want a center like Kanter on the roster.

Lebron and AD do not have to shoot the league average of 35.5% to be top 5 players in the NBA.
In games that are close in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter, AD will probably play center as he did all of last year.
Or in the playoffs with no back to backs, he could play mostly center.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:51 pm

TJ

Why would I waste my time watching the Lakers??  

I am not talking about defending the pick and role I'm talking abut centers being able to guard out to the perimeter which is now needed with spread offenses.

Ask Danny why he signed Kanter.  My best guess is that he got him on the cheap and was looking for better post scoring and rebounding.  He was one of the top offensive rebounders last year in the NBA.  

Lebron and AD are 2 of the top 5 elite players in the NBA.  Lebron shot 33.9 % on 5.9 attempts and AD is a career 31% shooter from deep and shot 33.1% last season.  Being an average 3 point shooter is one thing but being below average is another.  This only supports the point that I was trying to make.  That front line will clog up the paint if  LA tries to play a big frontline.  

That is the main reason why AD should start in the middle along with Lebron.  If they have to play him down the stretch in the 4th QTR to win that means that they cannot win playing a lane clogging lineup.  That's my point.  And all because AD is so fragile at 6' 11" and 255 lbs that he cannot handle the wear and tear of playing center.  Go tell that story to Draymond Green.  AD will need to play at least half of his minutes at center to really help that team compete.

With respect to Kanter he will be taking and making 3 point shots this year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Why would I waste my time watching the Lakers??  

I am not talking about defending the pick and role I'm talking abut centers being able to guard out to the perimeter which is now needed with spread offenses.

Ask Danny why he signed Kanter.  My best guess is that he got him on the cheap and was looking for better post scoring and rebounding.  He was one of the top offensive rebounders last year in the NBA.  

Lebron and AD are 2 of the top 5 elite players in the NBA.  Lebron shot 33.9 % on 5.9 attempts and AD is a career 31% shooter from deep and shot 33.1% last season.  Being an average 3 point shooter is one thing but being below average is another.  This only supports the point that I was trying to make.  That front line will clog up the paint if  LA tries to play a big frontline.  

That is the main reason why AD should start in the middle along with Lebron.  If they have to play him down the stretch in the 4th QTR to win that means that they cannot win playing a lane clogging lineup.  That's my point.  And all because AD is so fragile at 6' 11" and 255 lbs that he cannot handle the wear and tear of playing center.  Go tell that story to Draymond Green.  AD will need to play at least half of his minutes at center to really help that team compete.

With respect to Kanter he will be taking and making 3 point shots this year.

dboss,

I’m not surprised you don’t watch the Lakers. You know so little about them and their players.

NBA defenses are built around switching on defense.
Centers like Jokic, Embiid, Drummond and Gobert rarely have to guard at the 3 point line.
If you watch defenses closely, the guards and wings almost always cover the 3 point line.
Centers really only get pulled out in a pick and roll situation.
That is when you need to have a quick, mobile center like AD, McGee and even Robert Williams.

Here’s a video from AD who has worked on 3 point shooting the most this season and feels he can shoot in the upper 30% this year.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/anthony-davis-says-he-wants-to-become-a-3-point-shooter-this-year-video/
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:36 am

TJ I know about Avery and Rajon.  I seen them play a few times.  

I know enough about basketball to know that in today's game you need shooters on the court who can make 3 point shots.  I know that Lebron cannot win unless he is surrounded by shooters.  But you cannot surround him with shooters anytime he is in the game with a big center (McGee or Howard) and AD.  The strength of the front lines is also a weakness.  There is no place to hide Howard or McGee)  The middle will be clogged up and Lebron will be yelling at guys to move the f out of the way.  

I'm surprised you can not see that coming.  

The only solution would be to start the sissy Anthony Davis along with Lebron and 3 other guys that can make a 3 pointer.  Then maybe that team will have a chance to compete with the Clippers, GS, Houston, etc. etc.

I hope you do not think I am just picking on LAL.  I can find flaws on just about every team in the NBA.  LA however is an easy target for a Celtic fan.  Did I mention that they have no one on the team who can check Leonard, or Paul George.  Very weak defenders on the wings.  Clearly a flawed team on both sides of the ball.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:24 am

dboss wrote:TJ I know about Avery and Rajon.  I seen them play a few times.  

I know enough about basketball to know that in today's game you need shooters on the court who can make 3 point shots.  I know that Lebron cannot win unless he is surrounded by shooters.  But you cannot surround him with shooters anytime he is in the game with a big center (McGee or Howard) and AD.  The strength of the front lines is also a weakness.  There is no place to hide Howard or McGee)  The middle will be clogged up and Lebron will be yelling at guys to move the f out of the way.  

I'm surprised you can not see that coming.  

The only solution would be to start the sissy Anthony Davis along with Lebron and 3 other guys that can make a 3 pointer.  Then maybe that team will have a chance to compete with the Clippers, GS, Houston, etc. etc.

I hope you do not think I am just picking on LAL.  I can find flaws on just about every team in the NBA.  LA however is an easy target for a Celtic fan.  Did I mention that they have no one on the team who can check Leonard, or Paul George.  Very weak defenders on the wings.  Clearly a flawed team on both sides of the ball.

Avery Bradley has played 0 games for the Lakers and Rajon Rondo has played 46.
That's not exactly being knowledgeable about the Lakers and their roster.

It's funny that you weren't calling Anthony Davis a sissy when you were hoping to pair him with Kyrie Irving when AD requested a trade from New Orleans in January.
Your bashing of the Lakers is par for the course.
Your lack of knowledge about the Lakers is very easy to see.

Many feel there are about 7 championship contenders this season.
The Lakers are generally ranked #2 or #3.
I'm ok with that. All teams have a lot to prove.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/7/8/20685074/nba-championship-contenders-2020-ranked

7 NBA championship contenders, ranked
Who’s the favorite to win it all in the NBA next season?

By Tom Ziller@teamziller  Updated Jul 12, 2019, 9:26am EDT

Now that the dust has more or less fully settled on NBA free agency — well, we think it has more or less fully settled — it’s time to take stock of what teams will enter the 2019-20 season competing for the championship.

Kawhi Leonard’s decision to spurn the LA Lakers means that we don’t have a singular superteam that will, like the Warriors the past three seasons, go into the campaign the overwhelming favorite. There is some semblance of championship parity.

How deep does that parity go? It depends on the conference. In the East, it’s hard to imagine any but two teams making the NBA Finals barring further trades or major injuries. The West is more uncertain, with five legit contenders for the crown and a couple more teams knocking on the door. This takes into account the trade sending Russell Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul. The Thunder were out as a contender once Paul George decamped for L.A.; swapping CP3 for Westbrook doesn’t actually change the Rockets’ fate all that much, in my estimation.

Here’s our list of seven teams with the best shots at winning the 2019-20 NBA championship, ranked. But first, we start with teams just missing the cut.

Honorable Mentions, Dismissed in One Sentence Each
Portland Trail Blazers: The Blazers are quite good and might be better after a couple of roster tweaks, but lack the star punch of any of the other teams on this list after Damian Lillard (no offense to C.J. McCollum).

Denver Nuggets: Don’t hate me, Colorado, but the Nuggets feel like one of those teams that overachieves and then falls slightly back the next season after a quiet offseason spent believing its own hype.

Boston Celtics: Color me concerned about the Celtics’ frontcourt!

Toronto Raptors: The defending NBA champion Toronto Raptors could absolutely stay in the mix — never count out Masai Ujiri — but it’s hard to imagine the players keeping the focus necessary to make a deep playoff run without a singular superstar like Kawhi.

Atlanta Hawks: Give it two more years.

7. Houston Rockets
The Rockets sat out the first week and a half of the NBA offseason before signing off on maybe the most shocking trade of the summer: Russell Westbrook for Chris Paul and picks. Houston goes from a James Harden co-star who drives everyone crazy with his demanding manner to a James Harden co-star who will drive everyone crazy with his shot selection.
Let’s be real: no one has any idea whatsoever how this will work. We don’t know whether Westbrook’s supremely inefficient 2018-19 performance was a sign of age or injury or a fluke. We don’t know just how friendly the dual stars will be now that they have to play together again. We don’t know how Mike D’Antoni, himself in a precarious situation, will handle the duo or the roster as a whole. We don’t know whether Daryl Morey has another move coming down the road.

All I know is that this move doesn’t inspire more confidence in the Rockets. But I am a whole lot more interested in watching them work through it.

6. Utah Jazz
The Jazz were the designer title contender before Kawhi broke the NBA. Utah still belongs in the conversation until we see just how well the Lakers and Clippers work in practice. The Jazz have a stellar defense, albeit damaged a little from the losses of Jae Crowder and Derrick Favors. Now Utah has a second playmaker alongside Donovan Mitchell in Mike Conley. (Notice that we didn’t mention the loss of Ricky Rubio impacting the defense: Conley is as excellent a defender.)

The Jazz are going to be really good on both ends (almost certainly top-10, maybe better) and that’s a recipe for an awesome record and a deep playoff run. (If they can avoid the Rockets in the early rounds. That’s just a horrific match-up.)

5. Milwaukee Bucks
The Bucks had the best record in the NBA last season and brought back everyone of importance save for Malcolm Brogdon and Nikola Mirotic. Milwaukee will again have a top defense and Giannis Antetokounmpo should remain an MVP frontrunner. You can’t expect the Bucks to be better in the regular season. The question is whether Giannis, Eric Bledsoe, Khris Middleton, and Mike Budenholzer figure out how to make it work a little more efficiently in the playoffs.

The good news is that with Kyrie Irving and Al Horford out of Boston and Kawhi out of Toronto, there are only two teams who look like legitimate threats to make the NBA Finals out of the East at this point, assuming that Kevin Durant doesn’t play in 2019-20. No offense to the Celtics, Raptors, or Pacers, who feel like the next tier down.

4. Philadelphia 76ers
Here’s that other East team with a real path to the Finals. What a 12 months for the Sixers! Now they have the most intriguing line-up in the East outside of Brooklyn with the big three of Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, and Tobias Harris plus sage Al Horford and electric Josh Richardson. The bench remains shallow, the Jimmy Butler security blanket is gone, and the team’s best shooter (J.J. Redick) is gone.

The line-up is intriguing, and the biggest question maybe in the entire league is whether Simmons can be a legit star level player in the NBA playoffs. As has been discussed at length, for long stretches of the 2019 playoffs, Butler was essentially the team’s point guard. Butler’s gone now. It’s Simmons or bust.

This team came a couple of crazy Kawhi Leonard game-winners from beating the eventual NBA champion. That matters. They are a prime contender to follow it up and go further. What a story that would be.

3. Golden State Warriors
This column will be bleating this message until the Warriors start the season, like, 20-3 and everyone is forced to reckon with reality.

Do Not Forget About Stephen Curry And The Golden State Warriors. Do Not Forget About Stephen Curry And The Golden State Warriors. Do Not Forget About Stephen Curry And The Golden State Warriors.

Klay Thompson will be out for a while with an injury, and the team’s depth has taken a few hits due to the decision to pick up D’Angelo Russell in the Durant exit. But Russell is pretty good. Stephen Curry is a top-3 preseason MVP candidate (with Giannis and James Harden — Kawhi and Anthony Davis will be up there, too). Draymond Green was stupendous toward the end of the regular season and through the playoffs. This team again has something to prove. When that’s the case, the Warriors usually prove it.

Do Not Forget About Stephen Curry And The Golden State Warriors.

2. LA Lakers
The Lakers missed out on Kawhi, and the wait for him took LA out of the running for several other free agents. And the Lakers were pretty mediocre last season. However, adding Anthony Davis is a huge deal and you can’t sleep on the infusions of Danny Green and DeMarcus Cousins.

The latter might be the most important non-max signing of the summer, depending on whether Boogie accepts his role and comes back from injuries suffered in the NBA playoffs. For spells last season, Cousins looked like himself. Every bit of that he can give the Lakers in the regular season and in the playoffs will matter.

LeBron James is neck and neck with Kawhi as the best healthy playoff performer in the NBA (Kevin Durant belongs in that category, if he were playing next season). Even if the Lakers aren’t a No. 1 seed due to load management for LeBron and some adjustment period to find the right lineups and balance, everyone has to be afraid of LeBron’s crew in the playoffs.

1. LA Clippers
When the Clippers pulled off the LA coup in the wake of the earthquakes early Saturday morning, it immediately felt as though we had a new presumptive NBA champion. A couple days later, in the clarity of time spent thinking about our new basketball landscape ... yep, that’s still the case. The Kawhi Leonard-Paul George combo is a brilliant one-two punch on both ends. It’s beautifully interchangeable and should allow both to rest during the season.

And that duo is being added to a team that made the NBA playoffs in the West last season, albeit replacing Danilo Gallinari and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. Incredible.

Given Kawhi’s historic playoff run and PG-13’s top-3 MVP finish last season, this Clippers team looks incredibly imposing and it’s difficult to imagine what could derail them outside of major injury or some other team going on an absolute tear at the right time. I’m excited for every prospective playoff match-up in the West right now. The Clippers are giving us not just parity by keeping Kawhi away from the Lakers. The Clippers are giving us life!
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:17 pm

TJ

How many of the new guys have you seen play for LA?  Answer = none.

No team every won anything on paper.  So until they get out there and play everything is fan speculation.

You can avoid talking about basketball if you want to and you can cloud things by talking about who the contenders are based on what someone else wrote about or you can live with the reality that LA will struggle to spread the floor because the lineup you envision cannot buy a 3 point basket from the frontcourt to save their bacon.  

That is the singular point I have been trying to make.  The LAL cannot spread the floor when King James, Davis and McGee/Howard are in the lineup together.  Cousin is hurt again so there is no help coming anytime soon.  Davis has to play a lot of minutes at center but he lacks the toughness to want that responsibility.  It's kinda sad when you think about it.  I think the problem is between his ears.  As more and more teams use a small ball 5 he could dominate in the middle and open up a spot in the lineup for a guy that can make a 3 point shot.

Go get yourself a bucket of water cause the dumpster is about to be set on fire.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm

How many of the new guys have you seen play for LA?  Answer = none.

No team every won anything on paper.  So until they get out there and play everything is fan speculation.

You can avoid talking about basketball if you want to and you can cloud things by talking about who the contenders are based on what someone else wrote about or you can live with the reality that LA will struggle to spread the floor because the lineup you envision cannot buy a 3 point basket from the frontcourt to save their bacon.  

That is the singular point I have been trying to make.  The LAL cannot spread the floor when King James, Davis and McGee/Howard are in the lineup together.  Cousin is hurt again so there is no help coming anytime soon.  Davis has to play a lot of minutes at center but he lacks the toughness to want that responsibility.  It's kinda sad when you think about it.  I think the problem is between his ears.  As more and more teams use a small ball 5 he could dominate in the middle and open up a spot in the lineup for a guy that can make a 3 point shot.

Go get yourself a bucket of water cause the dumpster is about to be set on fire.

I'd rather be rooting for a team who is expected to challenge for a title than to root for a team that is not expected to challenge for a title.
I expect the Lakers to be in the top 1/2 of 3 point field goal percentage this year.
I am fine talking about basketball. I watch parts of hundreds of NBA games a year, so I am pretty aware of players strengths, weaknesses and abilities.
I also know what positions players play.
I understand that you are not happy that the Lakers have 2 of the top 5 players in the league and that you would have loved to have AD on Boston.
There's no AD in Boston, but maybe Kanter will surprise us all and not be the worst defensive center in the league.
How can someone that big and strong only average .4 blocks per game?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm

I was happy that Danny did not make a trade for AD as are most Celtics fans.  It was a great non trade.

Kanter sucks on defense.  Everybody knows that.

Tell me how can elite players be elite but cannot make a 3 point basket.  All this time in the league and still well below the league average.  How is it that a 6' 11" top athlete is afraid of physical play?  He's a chump.  At least Kanter is not a scary cat, lol

Hell will freeze over before LA becomes a top 2 three point shooting team.  The players on your team that will take most of the shoots cannot make 3's.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:09 pm

dboss wrote:I was happy that Danny did not make a trade for AD as are most Celtics fans.  It was a great non trade.

Kanter sucks on defense.  Everybody knows that.

Tell me how can elite players be elite but cannot make a 3 point basket.  All this time in the league and still well below the league average.  How is it that a 6' 11" top athlete is afraid of physical play?  He's a chump.  At least Kanter is not a scary cat, lol

Hell will freeze over before LA becomes a top 2 three point shooting team.  The players on your team that will take most of the shoots cannot make 3's.

The Lakers will be in the top 1/2 in 3 point shooting which is top 15 and top 5 in FG%.
The difference between the #7 3% shooting team last year (Boston) and the #15 3 point shooting team (Milwaukee) was 1.3%.
So, Boston made about 1 more 3 pointer than Milwaukee every 3 games.
How did being a better 3% shooting team work out for Boston compared to Milwaukee in the regular season and in the playoffs?
You way over emphasize small differences in 3 point shooting.
The Lakers have two super stars who can score at the rim, like Giannis can for Milwaukee.
That is why the Lakers are predicted to be a contender, not a pretender.
If Boston is going to start Tatum and Kanter at the 4 and 5, teams will be salivating.
Tatum is a very talented offensive player, but his and Kanter's interior defense will not stop anyone.

So, now Davis is also a chump???
There are plenty of your posts from earlier this year hoping the Celtics would trade for him.
AD is not a below average 3 point shooter for power forwards and centers.
Giannis could be the best player in the league and he is a poor 3 point shooter.
AD is probably the best big man in the league and he is not a great 3 point shooter, but he's much better than Giannis.
Lebron is the best player of our generation and he has been about an average 3 point shooter.
Again, you incorrectly try to link 3 point percentage to the greatest players of our time.
There's plenty of players like Kyle Korver, Joe Harris and Danny Green who are great 3 point shooters but are obviously not great players.

I am happy to roll the dice with Lebron, Davis, Kuzma, plenty of shooters and two athletic defensive studs at center.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Show a measure of honesty my friend.  I was okay with the AD pursuit early on.  That is true I was really undecided but if you are all into what I said you would know that I was against the trade before lebron made the deal.

I came to my senses and realized what a horrible move it would be.  AD is a chump.  Afraid to play 5 because someone might knock the living s... out of him, which would be a good thing.

Come up with a solution to prevent the dumpster fire.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

dboss wrote:Show a measure of honesty my friend.  I was okay with the AD pursuit early on.  That is true I was really undecided but if you are all into what I said you would know that I was against the trade before lebron made the deal.

I came to my senses and realized what a horrible move it would be.  AD is a chump.  Afraid to play 5 because someone might knock the living s... out of him, which would be a good thing.

Come up with a solution to prevent the dumpster fire.

You came to your senses when you realized AD wanted nothing to do with playing with the Celtics.
Let me guess, you will now call Al Horford and Marcus Morris names because they don't wear green.
FYI, calling people (players) names and making personal attacks is strategy #1 for those who have a poor position or argument.
Good luck on your anti-Lakers crusade.
You will need it.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:49 pm

The Celtics were never going to win a championship if AH was the best big on the team.  He was a solid player and will be missed.  MM is replaceable.

I believed the cost to trade for AD was too high.  That is the main reason I was against the trade.  The fact that his ignorant Daddy made false claims against the Celtics was another and why would I want a guy that does not want to play for my team.  

I have not made any personal attack against you.  But I can call out a chump, when I see one.  AD is one of the most gifted players in the NBA but to me he is just another guy that has Never taken his team to another level.  He needs to put on a pair of heels and sling a poketbook over his shoulder.  Give me a blue collar guy that is not scared.  

Go get your bucket of water ready.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3