cowens/oldschool
18 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 Empty Re: Jaylen and Jayson

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 3 hours ago
Per the NBA’s stat site, Jayson Tatum is 8th in the NBA in total iso possessions this year. He’s scoring 1.01 points in iso per 100 possessions - 16th among players with 50 or more iso possessions this year. Last year, Tatum averaged 0.68 PPP in isolation.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Zach Lowe's take on Jayson.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:54 pm

This graphic was distributed by ESPN at the time of the 2016 draft.  I think we can all share a good horse laugh over this now..Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 EaLZbAbX0AAA60S?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:42 pm

2 J’s have definitely exceeded my expectations this year, so glad Danny and Co could see thru last years bullshit. Jaylen never got a chance to show what he could do with Kyrie, Rozier and Morris effecting his play/game. If they would have traded him and he blossomed into an all star like he did this year, on another team woulda been terrible....we’d all be a mess.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand the math. Shouldn't the total be 100%?
Also, how in the world did they come up with those exact numbers?
According to the majority of mock drafts JB was projected to be #7 or #8. So, it means that in the last, say 20 years, almost 40% of the draftees of that level are a bust?! Can't believe it...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:02 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I'm not sure I understand the math. Shouldn't the total  be 100%?
Also, how in the world did they come up with those exact numbers?
According to the majority of mock drafts JB was projected to be #7 or #8. So, it means that in the last, say 20 years, almost 40% of the draftees of that level are a bust?! Can't believe it...

AK

A lot of pundits thought he couldn’t shoot, 29% from 3 in college and thought his ceiling, if he could reach that was Igoudala. He’s obviously already shown he has a way better offensive game than Igoudala. I’m just glad the kid works and works and has the ability to keep adding different skills to his game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:44 am

A lot of turnover in this profession combined with a very short career shelf life. (3.5 years I believe). Sounds even a little low to me.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:16 pm

It is amusing to me to watch and read the remarks of coaches/GM's/supposed basketball genius's drooling over these two kids. The don't want to admit that they never thought Jaylen would be even 1/3 the player he has turned out to be and laughed at Ainge for picking him. Jason is another story as they all knew he was a good player. Many are watching LA kick themselves for picking Lonzo Ball and not Tatum. They never had a chance, as Danny never would have traded that first round pick if he had any inclination that LA was going to try and steal him. Fultz would have been the third pick for Philly, and Danny just would have taken Jason right up front. Now they are amazed at the way Jason has picked up his defense also.
So here we sit with two studs, and the league drooling. Don't you just love it???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It is amusing to me to watch and read the remarks of coaches/GM's/supposed basketball genius's drooling over these two kids. The don't want to admit that they never thought Jaylen would be even 1/3 the player he has turned out to be and laughed at Ainge for picking him.  Jason is another story as they all knew he was a good player. Many are watching LA kick themselves for picking Lonzo Ball and not Tatum. They never had a chance, as Danny never would have traded that first round pick if he had any inclination that LA was going to try and steal him. Fultz would have been the third pick for Philly, and Danny just would have taken Jason right up front.  Now they are amazed at the way Jason has picked up his defense also.
So here we sit with two studs, and the league drooling.  Don't you just love it???

Well put, Rosalie. I do love it!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:50 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It is amusing to me to watch and read the remarks of coaches/GM's/supposed basketball genius's drooling over these two kids. The don't want to admit that they never thought Jaylen would be even 1/3 the player he has turned out to be and laughed at Ainge for picking him.  Jason is another story as they all knew he was a good player. Many are watching LA kick themselves for picking Lonzo Ball and not Tatum. They never had a chance, as Danny never would have traded that first round pick if he had any inclination that LA was going to try and steal him. Fultz would have been the third pick for Philly, and Danny just would have taken Jason right up front.  Now they are amazed at the way Jason has picked up his defense also.
So here we sit with two studs, and the league drooling.  Don't you just love it???

I do love it and think the way Tatum has been playing since the all star break, 29 ppg, 7 boards, 48% from 3, shows me he is going to be better than Durant. He plays with more energy, stronger and can finish better than Durant with better array of moves, and he’s only 22. Jaylen was playing better than Jayson for much of the season, until the all star break and he should have been an all star easily, but no politically can’t have too many from one team. On another team, in another situation, with more fga’s, Jaylen could easily avg 25 ppg.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:04 am

With no games, I’ve been watching a lot of variations of Tatum and Jaylen videos on you tube to get some of my fix in. My favorite one is watching Tatum put up 41 on the Lakers recently with a variety of jaw dropping moves and 3 pointers becoming the youngest player ever in the historic Celtic-Laker rivalry to put up 40. What also stands out is some of the defensive stops he had right on AD, as well as scoring right in AD’s face a bunch of times....in recent games vs Clippers and Kawhi and Lakers with some guy named Lebron and AD, he was easily best player on floor.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Jayson's new Post-COVID haircut:

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 Tatum-hair

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 6604a1_7c839d90bcd148d0ac58d4ebc06e2ff0~mv2

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
kdp59 wrote:so, if understand correctly.....

Jaylen may be Jimmy Butler or better.

Jason may be Paul George or better.

not too bad in wing oriented NBA, I would say.

Hard to say, but in comparing both sets of players at the same age - those predictions sound very possible.

Paul George vs Jayson Tatum at 21

Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 Pg_vs_10

Jimmy Butler vs Jaylen Brown at 23
Jaylen and Jayson - Page 12 Jb_vs_10

I just want to say I think Tatum is better than PG right now, especially with his sick averages since the all star game and Jaylen is also better than Butler right now IMHO. Amazing how much better their numbers are than these counterparts at similar ages. Right now it’s debatable who’s better between Kawhi and Tatum. Tatum missed a wicked dunk attempt right on Kawhi last time they played or he would have had 41, instead of 39 in a game he was shutting down Kawhi on defense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 am

Hi,
I'm not sure why the stats that KDP provides in his post show (for JT) only 20 games and (for JB) only 17 for 2019-2020? They actually played 59 and 50 games, respectively. I thought the bigger the sample size the more accurate is the stat.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:41 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I'm not sure why the stats that KDP provides in his post show (for JT) only 20 games and (for JB) only 17 for 2019-2020? They actually played 59 and 50 games, respectively. I thought the bigger the sample size the more accurate is the stat.

AK

The time of kleen’s post with the stats, it was Dec 5th of this season, that’s why....as we know they have progressed alot since then.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:41 am

Cow,
Yes, they did progress. I agree - they are better than George and Butler stats wise. And they're not worse in defense in my eye-test.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:05 am

Man have they progressed, as you know I am not a stat guy, but was just reading on Celtics.com that Jaysons shooting percentage on iso 3’s with a man on him is higher than that of Durant and Kawhi, my eye test also tells me he is finishing better than ever with an assortment of clever quick flowing moves. My favorite one and its hard to pick one, there are so many great ones, was a lefty drive that started at the top of the key, he just put on the turbo speed, went right past his man and then over/past Embid, with a righty fingeroll finish that was so fast it was almost unfair to put up a shot like that at the heart of a teams defense. This guy is just lighting it up exceeding my expectations. Who goes 8-12 from 3? And there was a buzzer beater bank 3 pointer from just inside halfcourt. I said to my son I never saw Bird or Durant have a 3 point game like that....the previous game he was 5-6 from 3 in the first half...??? Who is that stupid ugly annoying schmuck on Fox Sports who’s keeps on saying Tatum is not a superstar?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:25 pm

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 3 hours ago
The only All-Stars younger than Jayson Tatum last year were Luka Doncic and Zion Williamson. The only other All-Star younger than Jaylen Brown was Devin Booker by 6 days.

Bob
MY NOTE:  All-Star teams are two 12-man rosters.  Tatum is the 3rd youngest and Brown is the 5th.  That leaves 19 players that were older than both of them.  Impressive stuff.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:14 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hardwoodhoudini.com/2021/08/20/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-kobe-level/amp/

Boston Celtics: GA believes Jayson Tatum will soon reach “Kobe level”

by Mark Nilon1 d ago

Seemingly as soon as he came into the league back in 2017, Boston Celtics fans have known just how special wing Jayson Tatum is and can be.

Now, heading into his fifth year in the association, not only are his talents heavily revered by the shamrock faithful but, frankly, all those who follow the world of NBA basketball.

Despite Boston enduring an overall lowly season in 2020-21, one in which they finished with their worst regular-season record (36-36) since 2014-15 and saw their first Quarterfinals exit since 2015-16, Tatum, yet again, saw himself rising the ranks of the league’s elite.

Through 64 games played, the forward posted stellar per-game averages of 26.4 points, 7.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 1.2 steals on 46 percent shooting from the floor and nearly 39 percent shooting from deep and, in turn, nabbed himself his second consecutive All-Star selection.

In the postseason, though the Boston Celtics ultimately were bounced by the Brooklyn Nets via gentleman’s sweep, Tatum brought his game to an even higher level, averaging 30.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 1.6 blocks per game.

At this point, the sky truly seems like the limit for the C’s cornerstone and, simply looking at this upcoming campaign, we at the Houdini are under the impression that he can easily put himself in the MVP conversation with a few tweaks both to his game and with the play of his supporting cast.

However, there are some who are looking a little past next season in regard to Tatum’s career trajectory, with some former players believing he could thrust himself into the stratosphere of some of the league’s all-time greats in just a few short years.

Recently, former All-Star and scoring aficionado, Gilbert Arenas, sat down with the folks at Whistle and broke down the young stud’s game. In doing so, he had unbelievably high praise for the 23-year-old, stating that within the next few years Tatum could realistically reach the dominating levels that Kobe Bryant once roamed at during his tenure in the league:

“In two years, three years from now you’re going to see a player who’s dominating this game on a Kobe level, because he possesses all those intangibles that’s going to make him, you know, compared to that guy.”

In further detail, Arenas went on to pinpoint these said intangibles that the Boston Celtics star seemingly shares with the first-ballot Hall of Famer:

“Kobe was great at everything, mid-range, getting to his spot, and that’s what Tatum’s finding out he’s great at too: getting to his spot,” Arenas said. “No matter what the defense is giving you, you’re going to your destination and when you get there, you rise up and hit the shot.”

Like the majority of Boston Celtics, Gilbert Arenas is under the impression that Jayson Tatum looks to be on a path towards all-time greatness, and, in his eyes, his career could wind up playing out to the tune of similar domination to that of the late, great Kobe Bryant.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Kobe's stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html
Lifetime -
25.0 ppg, 5.2 rbpg, 4.7 asst pg, 0.5 Blk pg, 1.4 Steals pg, .329 3point %, 3.0 TOV

In year 4 -
22.5 ppg, 6.3 rbpg, 4.9 ast pg, 0.9 Blk pg, 1.6 steals pg,  .319 3 point %,  2.8 TOV

Career bests per game (in different years) -
33.4 ppg, 6.9 rbpg, 6.8 ast pg, 0.9 Blk pg, 1.8 Stl pg, .383 3 point %

Jayson 20-21 stats (year 4 regular season) -
26.4 ppg, 7.4 rebounds pg, 4.3 ast pg, 0.5 Blk pg, and 1.2 stl pg, .386 3 point %, 2.7 TOV
                                                                          Jayson lifetime -   .396 3 pt% 1.9 TOV
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Posted today on YouTube.

It looks like Jaylen's wrist is OK.  We're still 5 weeks away from camp and he's already working

I love everything about this young man, on and off the court.  Love.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:32 pm

I am just waiting impatiently for Jaylen to take the next step. In my eyes he is one heck of a fine young man and has not touched the tip of the iceberg of how good he will be.

Bring it on Jaylen.......
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:22 pm

Where is the video of Romeo making those same shots in practice now every day?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:44 pm

I will not be shocked if he is gone by the end of trading camp.  There is just no sense of urgency to his game, you can only ride the injured list for so long before management makes the decision to let him go. The funny thing is, this kid had talent, we just have only seen glimmers of it

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:34 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I will not be shocked if he is gone by the end of trading camp.  There is just no sense of urgency to his game, you can only ride the injured lost for so long before management makes the decision to let him go. The funny thing is, this kid had talent, we just have only seen glimmers of it

In SL guys we’re getting in his face and pressing on him, all these no names looked so much hungrier than him; you have to take that personal, it’s still a fundamental man on man game and he’s not a rookie anymore. He was playing off J’s and being a young player and all, so wasn’t alot expected out of him, but seeing him try to lead or be 1st or 2nd option was disappointing, until proven otherwise hardly anything there.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next