kdp59
NYCelt
KyleCleric
15 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 11 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by tjmakz Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:48 pm

dboss wrote:Without Bam and Dragic the Heat have little chance of winning game 2 and once LA goes up 2-0 the runaway train cannot be stopped.  

They mentioned some interesting stuff.  If LA wins (bet on it)  Rajon Rondo will be the second Celtics ever to win a championship with both Boston and LA.  

Some of my own observations

Danny Green and Lebron James each have a chance to win a title while playing for 3 different teams.  I do not know if that has ever happened before.

The Lakers have 4 players on the team that have won a championship with a different team.  I cannot think of another team with a roster make up like that.

Danny and Lebron would be the first players to win a championship with 3 different teams.
The Lakers have 6 players who have already won a championship.
They are Quinn Cook, Danny Green, Lebron, McGee, Rondo and JR Smith.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Never give up Cow, your boy is going to make you a real king some day. I do like your lineup choice though, amusing as it is
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Never give up Cow, your boy is going to make you a real king some day. I do like your lineup choice though, amusing as it is

I’ve always loved Kelly’s hair

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:00 pm

dboss wrote:Without Bam and Dragic the Heat have little chance of winning game 2 and once LA goes up 2-0 the runaway train cannot be stopped.  

They mentioned some interesting stuff.  If LA wins (bet on it)  Rajon Rondo will be the second Celtics ever to win a championship with both Boston and LA.  

Some of my own observations

Danny Green and Lebron James each have a chance to win a title while playing for 3 different teams.  I do not know if that has ever happened before.

The Lakers have 4 players on the team that have won a championship with a different team.  I cannot think of another team with a roster make up like that.

This will probably get Rondo into the HoF, the guy will have 2 championships. As much as it would pain me, heard on sports radio today that AD loves playing with Lebron and he wants to win at least 3 titles with him. Rondo has also been a big key to this teams playoff performance, as playing with James and AD makes Rondo’s game so easy and he makes it so much easier for them. He has made vintage great passes to whoever has the best position and now he’s hitting the 3 ball and his defense has been great!! He’s been all defensive first team a few times, led the league is assists a few times and even did it once without the Big 3. Rondo should definitely get in now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:09 am

He was always so talented. But, it has taken him all this time to mature and become as good as he is. AD loved playing with him in New Orleans. Hey, good luck to him, he is a fantastic ball handler and point guard. You are right, getting a title with LA will eventually help him into the Hall.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:11 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:He was always so talented. But, it has taken him all this time to mature and become as good as he is. AD loved playing with him in New Orleans. Hey, good luck to him, he is a fantastic ball handler and point guard. You are right, getting a title with LA will eventually help him into the Hall.

Right, he and AD had some great moments together, they just didn’t have enough other good pieces and Rondo went thru some injuries. Rondo has gone thru injuries his whole career, but he still persevered all these years, worked on his game throughout and NOW look at how good he is, he looks like the best version of himself right now. Brilliant move by AD, I’m sure he had some input into Rondo going over there. Unfortunately the players really do control the L now more than ever. Durant going the easy pussy way, getting to a stacked team. AD and Lebron deciding they are gonna play together no matter what and flip everybody. Pretty soon won’t even need coaches or GM’s anymore....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:07 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:He was always so talented. But, it has taken him all this time to mature and become as good as he is. AD loved playing with him in New Orleans. Hey, good luck to him, he is a fantastic ball handler and point guard. You are right, getting a title with LA will eventually help him into the Hall.

Right, he and AD had some great moments together, they just didn’t have enough other good pieces and Rondo went thru some injuries. Rondo has gone thru injuries his whole career, but he still persevered all these years, worked on his game throughout and NOW look at how good he is, he looks like the best version of himself right now. Brilliant move by AD, I’m sure he had some input into Rondo going over there. Unfortunately the players really do control the L now more than ever. Durant going the easy pussy way, getting to a stacked team. AD and Lebron deciding they are gonna play together no matter what and flip everybody. Pretty soon won’t even need coaches or GM’s anymore....

On a podcast earlier this week Durant laughed about how he and Kyrie finalized the plan at last years All-star game to play together for the 2019-20 season.
It was clear by Kyrie's body language in the Milwaukee playoff series last year that Kyrie was making no effort to win games.
I am not a conspiracy theorist at all but I don't think my eyes were deceiving me.
I feel Kyrie was either fake trying against Milwaukee or was trying to lose on purpose.
Yes, these players planning to play together hurts their existing team.
I don't agree with how AD handled his business last year, but at least New Orleans got a hefty package for AD.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:21 pm

TJ. For once I will agree with you. It was my opinion from that series, watching Kyrie hiking up shot after shot, refusing to share the ball with his teammates, was of no disposition to try to win that series and then walk away. He made sure the fans would be happy if he was gone. I am sorry I lost all respect for him the way he acted here, and the way he just walked off with a laugh. I will never follow his career, and it will be interesting if he has the guts to come to Boston. They are waiting for him in the stands (that is when they willl be able to be there!). All that talent, he is not done, Brooklyn is not his last team, he will jump to LA sooner or later.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:20 am

Well folks, it is reaching the end of the Finals.  It is time for my all-time favorite of Playoff cliches...and there are legion, "We're going to be the first team come back from down 3-0!"  

Now one has to ask, has a Reilly team ever been swept, especially in the finals (pretty sure that's never happened, earlier rounds, not so sure)?  Well, if they haven't, there's a first time for everything.  Told him he should have forfeited.

Pat's going to learn as we did when LeBron was in the East that Lebron is bigger than any other entity in the NBA. Just accept it and live with it. Your life will be a lot more stress-free.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:31 am

I can only hope that Riley's team loses in four straight. Ever since that guy was in the league as a player I disliked him (being kind, it is sunday so I won't use the "H" word) The thought of Kelly Olynk and Jay Crowder getting a ring was nauseating enough. Now we will have to hear how Rondo and Bradley have won two rings, one from each dynamic franchises. UGH
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:36 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I can only hope that Riley's team loses in four straight. Ever since that guy was in the league as a player I disliked him (being kind, it is sunday so I won't use the "H" word)  The thought of Kelly Olynk and Jay Crowder getting a ring was nauseating enough.  Now we will have to hear how Rondo and Bradley have won two rings, one from each dynamic franchises.  UGH

It is possible the very site of Kelly O getting a ring might make our friend Cowens physically ill.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:57 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I can only hope that Riley's team loses in four straight. Ever since that guy was in the league as a player I disliked him (being kind, it is sunday so I won't use the "H" word)  The thought of Kelly Olynk and Jay Crowder getting a ring was nauseating enough.  Now we will have to hear how Rondo and Bradley have won two rings, one from each dynamic franchises.  UGH

Rosalie,

Avery did not get a ring with Boston.
His first year with Boston was 2010.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:42 pm

I'd like to hear why the "extreme Dislike" for Pat Riley as a player?

I can understand when he was the Lakers HC, and then the as the Heat President getting Lebron...but why as a player?

I mean I can't remember him doing anything but sitting on the Bench in the NBA as a player....LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:18 pm

Yeah, Rosalie, I'm still pissed from the 2-1 80's stint for LAL vs. BOS. It was great theater for sure though! Sorry we had to come up on the short end of 2-1.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Jimmy Butler says, Not tonight. Kudos to him and his teammates.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:12 am

Excellent game of willing your team to victory. Unfortunately there is no panic in Lakerville. And there won't be any even if MIA wins G4.

Charles Barkley has been saying it all along. Both AD and LeBron have to play well for LAL to win. Last night wasn't one of those nights. Bad news for MIA is those off nights are few and far between. They'll start the steamroller back up for G4 and push this on through for the championship. Move along everyone. Nothing to see here.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 am

NYCelt wrote:

It is possible the very site of Kelly O getting a ring might make our friend Cowens physically ill.

I would love for KO to get a ring vs my dreaded Lakers

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:35 am

Butler scored most of his points off Markief Morris, who defends like his brother, the snail. Guess Lakers weren’t too desperate to win last night or they would have put Lebron on him. We would have matched up better with our 2 elite wings attacking, Lebron would have had to expand a lot of energy on at least one of them. The problem is Stevens would never let Jaylen initiate enough, or put him in enough good spots especially when he was our most efficient player, idiot that he is.

Unfortunate GH was never the same GH from the regular season, that and Kemba also not being right were huge factors, but every team has to deal with injuries. Maybe next year we get luckier on our injuries.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:29 am

cowens/oldschool,

We're definitely due for a break from injuries.  Look at the Lakers and Heat until the Finals.  Both teams are the least injured and have played together the most time.  And if they aren't, they play like it.  We never consistently played together like either of these two teams.

Now I did notice LAL last night looking a lot like Boston heaving and bricking 3's at the end trying to get back in the game, but to no avail.  They will get that all straightened out by tomorrow.  Things will be back to normal.

Think Buster Douglas for MIA.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:43 am

Last night was an embarrassing game for the Lakers.
Tons of credit goes to Miami and to Jimmy Butler who dominated and to Kelly O who has put together two nice games in a row.
I was wondering during the game WTH were the Lakers doing?
Their offense was a joke.
AD got only 9 FGA's and 2 FTA's?
I do expect a full team effort for the Lakers in game 4, along with a better game plan and execution.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:57 am

TJ they should be embarrassed, and showed no class walking off the floor before the game was over. I just will never get over some of these guys, playing infront of the entire NBA nation, acting the way they do sometimes. It is not just the lakers, it is the culture all over. Good sportsmanship should be the norm.

I did not watch the game, so I will not comment on it. I find myself rooting for Miami now more than I ever thought I would. The Lakers will win, I believe, but I hope Miami makes them work harder for it. It should not be handed to any one team without a battle at this stage.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:04 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:TJ they should be embarrassed, and showed no class walking off the floor before the game was over.  I just will never get over some of these guys, playing infront of the entire NBA nation, acting the way they do sometimes. It is not just the lakers, it is the culture all over.  Good sportsmanship should be the norm.

I did not watch the game, so I will not comment on it. I find myself rooting for Miami now more than I ever thought I would.  The Lakers will win, I believe, but I hope Miami makes them work harder for it. It should not be handed to any one team without a battle at this stage.

Rosalie,

I agree completely.
Be a man and stay on the court until the final buzzer.
I understand you all are rooting for Miami.
I would too if I was a Celtics fan.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:18 pm

Butler in crunch time was already exhausted and with whatever was left in him he still dominated. An old school performance that I hope the Celtics young stars were watching because there was a lesson to be learned. Yes the NBA is a talent league but the greats combine talent, obsession and competition. For one night Butler was the best in the NBA.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fans-petition-kyle-kuzma-not-185241624.html

Fans Make Petition for Kyle Kuzma Not to Receive a Ring If Lakers Win NBA Finals

Tara C. Mahadevan
Sun, October 4, 2020, 11:52 AM PDT

Bubble Talk - Page 11 23a2b857cc19d8cd2f1390d1c69c5ab9

Fans aren’t feeling Kyle Kuzma this year, with some even creating a Change.org petition that says he shouldn’t get a ring if the Lakers clinch the NBA Finals.

Bubble Talk - Page 11 Ejdc7ZjXsAML0pm?format=jpg

It’s clear that some fans feel like Kuzma has failed to live up to expectations that Los Angeles had for him, and that he’s a liability to the team. “Kyle Kuzma is a f*ckboi and he shouldn't get a ring if the LA Lakers win the 2020 NBA Finals,” the petition reads. As of writing, the petition has collected over 4,000 signatures, with it seeking a max of 5,000.

However, his performance doesn’t seem to really be affecting the Lakers. The LA team has pushed through the playoffs with a 14-3 overall record and a 2-0 lead in the Finals. For his part, Kuzma scored three and 11 points, respectively, in the first two games of the series.

Erick Martinez Jr
@EricMartinezJr
Kyle Kuzma thought he was Magic Johnson. He is definitely getting traded after this goofy pass for a bag of chips  😂 Lebron's face says it all #NBAFinals
Bubble Talk - Page 11 EjXs9U_WAAAwlLW?format=jpg

bob
MY NOTE:  I think this is insanely ridiculous, but I'd be happy to take Kuzma off their hands if they think he's soooo bad.  The Lakers have a long history of adopting Celtics (e.g. Bill Sharman, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley), I don't see any reason why we should be so snobbish as to not return the favor.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:31 pm

Is this serious? How foolish can fans get? I am laughing here at the expression on LB's face!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he has been watching Rondo too much, he is the only one who could possibly get away with a pass like this!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next