KyleCleric
15 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 13 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by gyso Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 am

Arrow Grant's D

Very Happy

And his more developed BBIQ. In other words, he has a better sense of the game and doesn't cost us as much on the floor as the other Williams can at times.

There must be some kind of stat variant that explains why.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am

gyso wrote:Arrow Grant's D

Very Happy

And his more developed BBIQ.  In other words, he has a better sense of the game and doesn't cost us as much on the floor as the other Williams can at times.

There must be some kind of stat variant that explains why.  

Exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:56 am

In my diagnosis of the Heat vs. the Celtics I omitted one very important factor - the fans. Ours are the very best in the NBA, bar none, and had we played the Heat 4 x at home in Boston I know we would have made it to the Finals.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:41 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Where's Eddie House when we need him?!!

That's who we need.  Just 15-20 points per game you can count on game in, game out.  

db

With the Celtics he averaged about 8 points a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 pm

How can you play zone with 0.5 on an inbound, and then after it blows up in your face say it was the right call...??? Team went from a 3-0 lead to a struggle the rest of playoffs.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:50 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Boy you are really down on Brad.  Not sure I can agree with all you say, he does need to improve, but I am not selling him down the river.  

Rosalie

Yes I am down on him because in my mind I can not look at him and just know he is a championship level coach. I do not like the Celtics style of play on offense. They are one dimensional. I was shocked that his team could not figure out how to play against the zone, I was aggravated that his team lacked basic discipline as it relates to their shot selection. No one deserves unlimited chances. He has been on the losing end as a coach in 3 out of the last 4 ECF. Losing to the Heat in 6 has pretty much tipped the scales for me. I now feel less likely that he can take this team or another team all the way. From what I have seen Brad is missing a key ingredient needed to be a great coach. He says all of the right things most of the time and has a deep conceptual understanding of the game but as a coach he cannot seem to get a collective disciplined response from his players. Sometimes a little fear is a good thing. His team has no fear of him. There is no accountability for taking ill advised shots, missing defensive rotations or going against the flow of a game. That is a coaches responsibility.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:57 pm

worcester wrote:In my diagnosis of the Heat vs. the Celtics I omitted one very important factor - the fans. Ours are the very best in the NBA, bar none, and had we played the Heat 4 x at home in Boston I know we would have made it to the Finals.

Fans in Boston are great however we should not overlook the fact that we would have played game 7 in Toronto. We probably would not have been up 2 zip in Toronto.

The circumstances of this season and the playoffs were unique. Nevertheless, a pathway was wide open for the Celtics to be in the finals but we could not get past the 5th seeded Heat team with a collection of young and inexperienced players. But they have a great coach and we do not have a great coach.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:44 pm

True dboss. True.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:06 am

worcester wrote:Pat Riley is a better GM than Danny. Spo is a better coach than Brad. Jimmy B is a better player with a greater will to win than any Celtic on our roster today although his window is closing as Jayson and Jaylen develop.
The Heat team is more disciplined than ours, and when they played us they were healthier than the C's. That in a nutshell is my diagnosis.

One thing I can't figure out is why RWill gets fewer minutes than GWill, and don't point to Grant's D, please.
                    agree with every word
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:12 am

Looks like the Kelly O strategy worked out for the Lakers again. He seemed to be the big closet to the rim every time Lebron dunked, great skill at avoiding contact and not protecting the lane. Those kind of plays don’t show up on the boxscore, but you know Lebron and Vogel know he can go to the rim at will right then.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:29 am

dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Boy you are really down on Brad.  Not sure I can agree with all you say, he does need to improve, but I am not selling him down the river.  

Rosalie

Yes I am down on him because in my mind I can not look at him and just know he is a championship level coach.  I do not like the Celtics style of play on offense.  They are one dimensional.  I was shocked that his team could not figure out how to play against the zone,  I was aggravated that his team lacked basic discipline as it relates to their shot selection.  No one deserves unlimited chances.  He has been on the losing end as a coach in 3 out of the last 4 ECF.  Losing to the Heat in 6 has pretty much tipped the scales for me.  I  now feel less likely that he can take this team or another team all the way.  From what I have seen Brad is missing a key ingredient needed to be a great coach.  He says all of the right things most of the time and has a deep conceptual understanding of the game but as a coach he cannot seem to get a collective disciplined response from his players.  Sometimes a little fear is a good thing.  His team has no fear of him.  There is no accountability for taking ill advised shots, missing defensive rotations or going against the flow of a game.  That is a coaches responsibility.  

Ditto there’s a lot of bad questionable decisions that don’t help the team or his players enough and a long list of things that he doesn’t do well enough that have been noted during this season. So when other coaches are attacking our weaknesses and we can’t figure out how to do the same things to them enough, that’s a problem. We have the better athletes and players, they know how to hide their weaknesses better, and we can’t stop them from exploiting ours. That’s coaching and game plans not working because of many factors and in game adjustments also not working. I can name examples after examples, but a lot of them have already been touched on like a dead horse. Brad got taken to the woodshed, to school, whatever you want to call it.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:58 am

Congratulations to the Lakers!  I'll probably get banned from the site for saying that, but they deserved it.  If you're going to close out a team in the Finals, do it like that.  Complete and total domination, rip your heart out, step on it, shred it with a chainsaw, incinerate it team effort. We did it to the Lakers 12 years ago.  Congratulations, TJ!

We can learn an awful lot from LA's trek.  First and foremost, we are quite a ways from being in the ballpark to match that run AND beat that.  Does Danny want to get it now or keep building for the future?  We'll know by his moves coming up.    

It may and more than likely will take some more tweaking on the floor with the team and quite possibly an overhaul in the two positions above that before we can get in the Finals ballpark, but we will see what transpires.  It all depends on what the organization sees in the tea leaves and crystal ball here in the off-season.

We didn't play like the Lakers or the Heat.  Nowhere close.  Let's not kid ourselves.  Maybe you can include Marcus Smart and/or JT/JB that played consistently on that Finals series level  in/game out, but it would take one helluva argument.  Those were clearly the best two TEAMS in the Finals.    

This is where I look to you guys and gal (the real experts) for what needs to happen.  We've discussed it over and over.  Not going to repeat it now.  

It's time for management action.  If only Danny and the organization would take one look at this site for some guidance...I am so honored to even be in the same ballpark with you guys and gal.  Your knowledge of the game, this organization and what this team needs to win a championship is truly astounding.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:52 am

dbrown4 wrote:Congratulations to the Lakers!  I'll probably get banned from the site for saying that, but they deserved it.  If you're going to close out a team in the Finals, do it like that.  Complete and total domination, rip your heart out, step on it, shred it with a chainsaw, incinerate it team effort. We did it to the Lakers 12 years ago.  Congratulations, TJ!

We can learn an awful lot from LA's trek.  First and foremost, we are quite a ways from being in the ballpark to match that run AND beat that.  Does Danny want to get it now or keep building for the future?  We'll know by his moves coming up.    

It may and more than likely will take some more tweaking on the floor with the team and quite possibly an overhaul in the two positions above that before we can get in the Finals ballpark, but we will see what transpires.  It all depends on what the organization sees in the tea leaves and crystal ball here in the off-season.

We didn't play like the Lakers or the Heat.  Nowhere close.  Let's not kid ourselves.  Maybe you can include Marcus Smart and/or JT/JB that played consistently on that Finals series level  in/game out, but it would take one helluva argument.  Those were clearly the best two TEAMS in the Finals.    

This is where I look to you guys and gal (the real experts) for what needs to happen.  We've discussed it over and over.  Not going to repeat it now.  

It's time for management action.  If only Danny and the organization would take one look at this site for some guidance...I am so honored to even be in the same ballpark with you guys and gal.  Your knowledge of the game, this organization and what this team needs to win a championship is truly astounding.  

db

Thank you dbrown.
The NBA did an incredible job finishing the season.
It was not easy for the players, but they dealt with life in the bubble and playing with no fans.

The Lakers were built for the playoffs.
Lebron was an incredible leader and was the best player on the court in the playoffs and the Finals.
Yes, Giannis deserved the MVP but what Lebron still does in the playoffs is remarkable.
If the Lakers can find a true #3 this off season, I expect Lebron's scoring to drop to 20-22 ppg next regular season, to give him a break for the playoffs.
It was a great decision by Vogel to start Caruso over Dwight.
The focus from the Lakers yesterday on the defensive side of the ball was incredible.
They barely missed a step in their 3pt defensive switches.
Next year will be a challenge to win the title.
I expect Miami will be better. I expect Boston will be better.
I expect Brooklyn will be much better. Denver will be better.
Obviously Golden State will again be championship contenders.
What happens with Giannis will be huge this off season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi,
Congrats to LAL. They deserve the ring. They closed the Finals in stile.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:19 pm

The Lakers are an awesome team, and LeBron is a real champion who finds ways to produce and win decade after decade.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:19 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-reportedly-saved-15-b-in-losses-by-resuming-season-at-disney-bubble-site-181611361.html

NBA reportedly saved up to $1.5B in losses by resuming season at Disney bubble site

Cassandra Negley·Writer

Mon, October 19, 2020, 11:16 AM PDT

The Walt Disney World bubble cost the NBA millions to carry out. But that investment kept the league from losing up to $1.5 billion in revenue, Sports Business Daily’s John Lombardo reported.

The league paid for exclusive use of the Disney land resorts and completed its regular season, plus the standard-length postseason, at ESPN’s nearby Wide World of Sports.

It cost $180 million to stay there for 100 days, per Sports Business Daily, which comes out to about $1.8 million per day. But that was worth the alternative.

NBA preserved $1B holding bubble site

The league was nearly done with its regular season when the COVID-19 pandemic forced a hiatus in mid-March. The league decided to go ahead with a strict bubble to keep its athletes healthy — there were zero positive COVID-19 tests — and crown a champion. The Los Angeles Lakers won the title last week.

Deciding to do that, even given how much it cost, could have cut the financial losses of the season in half, Lombardo said on the SBJ daily podcast.

“The bubble really stopped the bleeding of these hemorrhaging loses of $1.5 billion at least,” Lombardo said.

“They preserved at least, sources are saying, more than a billion up to $1.5 billion.”

He said the actual losses will be “well over a billion dollars,” meaning the total without a bubble would have reached $2 billion at minimum. But the real number won’t be known until audits for all 30 teams are completed. Those are being done over the next few weeks, he said.

The league’s finances already took a hit at the beginning of the season because of the controversy around Daryl Morey tweeting in support of Hong Kong protesters. China’s state-run CCTV pulled NBA games from its schedule and didn’t resume until Game 5 of the NBA Finals this month. It was off for an entire year.

NBA bubble fulfilled TV, sponsor contracts

The NBA stemmed the losses of billions of dollars by holding a bubble season. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
By holding the rest of its season, the NBA fulfilled its massive TV contracts. The virtual ads, courtside virtual fans club and hard signage around the courts fulfilled deals made with sponsors.

One unnamed executive from a team that was in the bubble told Sports Business Daily, “without a doubt” the effort and investment “was worth it.”

Not having fans in attendance at games will hurt the most immediately and moving forward. Approximately 40 percent of team revenue comes from ticket sales. Teams lost an estimated $1.9 million per home game lost, per calculations separately sourced by Yahoo Sports, Forbes and The Athletic.

The losses will impact the 2020-21 salary cap. Players would prefer to avoid another bubble season and front offices want to see fans in the stands for games. The new season is unlikely to start until January.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:25 pm

so what happens next year? no way you will get those guys back in a bubble again, IMO
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 pm

By March, 2021 IMHO we will have in place either an effective anti covid vaccine or well documented highly effective treatment protocols (I have had great success with my own patients already) or both. This virus will not be a pandemic in 4 months.
We will be mostly back to normal, though maybe still wearing masks and using hand sanitizers.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 pm

worcester wrote:By March, 2021 IMHO we will have in place either an effective anti covid vaccine or well documented highly effective treatment protocols (I have had great success with my own patients already) or both. This virus will not be a pandemic in 4 months.
We will be mostly back to normal, though maybe still wearing masks and using hand  sanitizers.

Thank you. I hope you are right.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13