kdp59
NYCelt
KyleCleric
15 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:27 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I cannot wait for this to start!  Talk about deprivation !!!!! I feel like I have seen every basketball game that the Celtics killed teams in for the last decade and more!!!!!  Kind of sick of reruns of reruns of reruns!

LET’S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:27 pm

bob
MY NOTE:  Can you see how much BIGGER Jayson looks compared to Jaylen?  Jaylen's 6'6", 225# in bare feet.  Tatum might have grown another inch and has put on some serious muscle, and Jaylen has always had an NBA-ready body.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:05 pm

JT has grown, there is no doubt there. He has put on some serious muscle, not a boy any more, a man now.  But they both look awesome and ready to go
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 pm

JT arms are huge!  He will redefine the PF position.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 pm

dboss wrote:JT arms are huge!  He will redefine the PF position.

He’s Bird like, not in playing style, but he can equally play the 3 or 4. He held his own defensively on Anthony Davis last game vs Lakers. I could see him getting 10 boards a game with his uncanny knack for getting his assortment of shots off.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:56 pm

dboss wrote:JT arms are huge!  He will redefine the PF position.

Dboss,

So too might Ben Simmons.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes, Ben Simmons, a PF who can't shoot.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 pm

That picture on the front of the ad for league pass should be enough motivation for the Celtics. Not one of our players pictured there. I guess they do not expect us to be a factor????? Time to show them guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm

JT and JB are both tremendous young talents.  Once they become better ball distributors, they will be the two best pairings of wings in the NBA. They are just about there already.  That distinction is now held By Leonard and George but given their ages (29 and 30 respectively) it will not be long before our two young studs.  Also since Jaylen and Jayson are almost 3 years into playing together their chemistry will be decisive.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:

bob
MY NOTE:  Can you see how much BIGGER Jayson looks compared to Jaylen?  Jaylen's 6'6", 225# in bare feet.  Tatum might have grown another inch and has put on some serious muscle, and Jaylen has always had an NBA-ready body.

NBA
@NBA
JT vs. JB... Who ya got? #WholeNewGame

https://twitter.com/i/status/1285727498966310912

Tatum said they played seven games and Brown won 4/7.

bob
MY NOTE:  We all know basketball is a team sport, but we also know in this NBA that having individual players that can single-handedly get you buckets, or stops, are very valuable.  What we just read here is that an All-Star lost 4-3 to his running mate.  Once again, I say for the record, Jaylen Brown got robbed by the league because they didn't want to have 3 Celtics on the All-Star team so they threw high-volume, low-efficiency Jimmy Butler a bone.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:48 pm

BobH

Since both of these guys are starting wings it is great that they are able to go at each other this way. They push each other. A lot of times you have the BU guy going up against the starter.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:52 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/los-angeles-clippers-patrick-beverley-leaves-nba-florida-disney-world-bubble-emergency-matter-022646238.html

Clippers guard Patrick Beverley leaves NBA bubble for 'emergency personal matter'

Ryan Young
Writer
Yahoo Sports

Jul 21, 2020, 7:26 PM

The Los Angeles Clippers have lost another player inside the NBA bubble.

Clippers guard Patrick Beverley left Walt Disney World on Tuesday night for “an emergency personal matter,” according to ESPN’s Malika Andrews. It’s not clear what the emergency is, however Beverley does plan to rejoin the team inside the bubble in the future.

Beverley’s departure comes just days after center Montrezl Harrell left the bubble to deal with a family emergency.

The team is also without center Ivica Zubac and guard Landry Shamet, who have yet to report to the bubble. Coach Doc Rivers declined to provide an explanation regarding Zubac and Shamet’s absences last week, too, though at least Zubac is expected to join the team at some point.

“I don’t even know, to be honest,” Rivers said. “I don’t even check. JaMychal walked in and surprised the hell out of me. … Because they’re in quarantine and stuff, you don’t ever know.”

Beverley averaged 7.9 points and 5.4 rebounds this season with the Clippers, his eighth in the league. The 32-year-old is in the first year of a three-year, nearly $40 million deal with the team.

The Clippers will enter the restart with a 44-20 record, the second best in the Western Conference behind only the Los Angeles Lakers. The team has long been considered a favorite to win the NBA title this season, too.

The team isn’t alone in being shorthanded, however. New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson left the bubble for a family emergency last week, too, and the Nuggets are still waiting for players to clear quarantine and health screenings after not arriving on time.

The Clippers will play their first seeding game next Thursday. Beverley, along with his teammates also not in the bubble, will only be allowed to rejoin the team after spending several days in quarantine — meaning he has limited time to get back to Florida before he’ll end up missing games.

Until then, Rivers may have to start getting creative with his roster inside the bubble.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:04 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/2020-nba-restart-jaylen-brown-has-slipped-under-radar-celtics

2020 NBA Restart: Jaylen Brown has slipped under the radar for Celtics

By Chris Forsberg

July 21, 2020 10:30 AM

For all the buzz around Kemba Walker’s health and Jayson Tatum’s momentum, the biggest key to the Boston Celtics’ success during the NBA restart in Orlando might be flying under the radar yet again: Jaylen Brown.

In a season in which Walker played at an All-Star level before Tatum grabbed the superstar baton, Brown’s advancements haven't gotten the spotlight they deserve.

One season after a misfit roster stunted his growth, Brown came into the 2019-20 season hellbent on defying whatever notion we had about his ceiling. Showcasing tighter ball-handling and better court vision, Brown averaged career bests at 20.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.2 assists over 34 minutes per game before the shutdown.

There are not a lot of Eastern Conference teams that can trot out a third option like Brown, a scoring wing who shot 38.1 percent beyond the 3-point arc, but who can also put the ball on the ground and bully his way to the basket. Defensively, coach Brad Stevens can deploy Brown against all shapes and sizes, including bigger 4s, with confidence he will hold up.

Whispers from inside the bubble have been encouraging about Brown.

Celtics big man Enes Kanter marveled at Brown’s increased bulk and thinks the quarantine boxing workouts that Brown’s 78-year-old grandfather put him through have made Brown even more of a brick wall. Kanter also noted how any scrimmage team featuring both Tatum and Brown has been practically unbeatable during the Celtics' early scrimmages.

If Walker is healthy and Tatum is anywhere near where he left off, the Celtics can compete with anyone in the East. If Brown can elevate his game even more than we already saw this season, the Celtics are legitimate title contenders.

Boston was 12-0 in games where Brown scored 25 points or more this season. Inside the bubble, where jump shots could be rusty, his ability to get to the rim could be particularly important to Boston’s offense (it would help, too, if Brown and Tatum could generate more free throw attempts). Brown’s improved ability to create for others while attacking could be key, too.

Most importantly, Brown is battle tested.

He has more playoff experience (44 games) than teammates Gordon Hayward (24) and Walker (11) combined. We saw in 2018 what a Celtics team with Brown and Tatum at the helm can do when they surged minutes away from a Finals trip while both Kyrie Irving and Hayward were sidelined.

Orlando could be the perfect stage for Brown to demonstrate just how much the rest of the league has been sleeping on his progress.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Watching first game right now, Clippers vs Magic. Couldn’t believe who started at center for Clips, Joakim Noah, was shocking to see him, he actually can help them, damn....didn’t know they signed him?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago
Kemba Walker said he won't play in tomorrow's OKC scrimmage, "but I would. I’m good, man. I feel really good, actually."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:37 pm

gary washburn
@GwashburnGlobe
·
1h
Jaylen Brown has decided to jump in on the big men workout and is having success. #Celtics.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286326617443389441

bob
MY NOTE:  He's just too good.  Whenever I think of Jaylen Brown I get a big smile on my face because I remember he signed his new contract with us without going to free agency and testing the market. He WANTED to be a Celtic.  Aside from that being a happy thought it sends a statement to other players about what it means to be in green.  Jaylen is growing in "political" stature in the league.  He was, last year, the NBPA's youngest Vice President ever.  That might not have much weight for us but I'll bet it does to the members (i.e. players) who belong to the NBA's Players Union.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Bob,

I used the link and found this very sweet tweet:

Bubble Talk - Page 3 Brad_s10

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:46 am

Celtics are the envy of a lot of teams who would love to pry one of these guys from their team.  No way DA is letting that happen, he will make Jaylen the offer he should and both these guys, who love playing for the Celtics and love playing together, will be ours for a while, hopefully for the duration! When your coach verbally sings your praises it is great for the ego of those young guys. What a cornerstone for our Celtics to have
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:48 am

bobheckler wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

bob

NBA
@NBA
JT vs. JB... Who ya got? #WholeNewGame

https://twitter.com/i/status/1285727498966310912

Tatum said they played seven games and Brown won 4/7.

bob
MY NOTE:  We all know basketball is a team sport, but we also know in this NBA that having individual players that can single-handedly get you buckets, or stops, are very valuable.  What we just read here is that an All-Star lost 4-3 to his running mate.  Once again, I say for the record, Jaylen Brown got robbed by the league because they didn't want to have 3 Celtics on the All-Star team so they threw high-volume, low-efficiency Jimmy Butler a bone.

Say whatever you want about Jimmy Butler, but last year they put the ball in his hands to initiate at crunch time because Ben Simmons sucks and bogs down the offense. I’d take either of 2 J’s 24/7 over Simmons or Butler all the time.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:17 am

Jayson has definitely grown, and this is just the beginning. He'll probably add another 8 pounds of muscle in the next 12 months, then level off. He may wind up at 6'8" to 6'9" barefoot, 225 lbs. Solid
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:36 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-pacers-star-domantas-215503152.html

NBA rumors: Pacers star Domantas Sabonis suffers 'significant foot injury'

Nick Goss
NBC Sports

BostonJuly 24, 2020, 2:55 PM

The Indiana Pacers just can't catch a break when it comes to injuries.

All-Star forward Domantas Sabonis has suffered a "significant foot injury", according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Losing a player of Sabonis' caliber for any amount of time would be a huge setback for Indiana. Sabonis ranks second on the team in scoring with 18.5 points per game, and he leads the Pacers with 12.4 rebounds per game. His ability to guard multiple positions also makes him valuable on the defensive end of the floor.

Pacers point guard Victor Oladipo, the team's best player, missed most of the season recovering from a severe leg injury suffered during the 2018-19 campaign. Oladipo said a few weeks back that he wouldn't play in the league's seeding games, but now it's possible that he could participate. He started Thursday's scrimmage against the Portland Trail Blazers in the Orlando bubble and played 19 minutes.

These injuries not only impact the Pacers, but the rest of the Eastern Conference contenders as well.

The Pacers are currently tied with the Philadelphia 76ers for the fifth-best record in the East playoff race. In the likely event that the Sixers finish ahead of the Pacers, Indiana could be staring at a first-round matchup with the Boston Celtics. The Celtics will enter the league's restart as the No. 3 seed in the conference, which is where they'll likely end up once the eight seeding games conclude unless the second-place Toronto Raptors struggle mightily. So, if the Celtics finish third and the Pacers come in sixth, these teams would meet in Round 1 for the second consecutive season.

A Pacers team decimated by injuries would be a much more appealing first-round series for the Celtics than a matchup against a very talented 76ers side that won three of four meetings versus Boston during the regular season.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:04 pm

I don't quite get Oladipo. The announcement was made that he was not going to Orlando, yet, yesterday I saw a picture of him on their bench. Then there was a story that he may? may not? be playing. Now this with Sabonis. Will this scare him enough that he does not want to take a chance, or does he suit up and play. If he is that worried about injury and conditioning, I would think he would sit it out since the team really does not have that much of a chance without Sabonis to play along with Oladipo.

I do not blame him if he decides to sit, he is too good a player to go down to another injury at this time. He should take care of himself, isn't he a free agent???? That has to be in the back of his mind???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 5 hours ago
Romeo Langford and Kemba Walker were full practice participants today after missing yesterday’s game. Stevens said Kemba has his burst back and looks good.

reply retweet like
Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing
about 5 hours ago
Brad Stevens said Romeo Langford, who was sick yesterday, went through practice today.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Good news, here’s hoping it stays this way. I assume they are going to go easy with Kemba until the starting games.  They will probably monitor him closely.  Fingers crossed all keeps up well with him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Tomorrow's Game:

Boston Celtics (0-1) vs. Phoenix Suns (1-0)

Tipoff: 1:30 pm EST Sunday, July 26

Game On! thread:

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t17324-game-on-celtics-vs-suns-july-26-2020-bubble-scrimmage-game-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next