NYCelt
KyleCleric
jrleftfoot
dboss
8 posters

Go down

Simmons Moves to PF Empty Simmons Moves to PF

Post by dboss Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:18 pm

In an effort to find a better mix coach Brown is moving Ben to PF and inserting SG Shake Milton into the staring lineup as the point guard.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29456646/76ers-coach-brett-brown-thrilled-ben-simmons-power-forward-early-practices.

I guess PF do not have to make jump shots Suspect

That would pit our very own JT in a matchup with Simmons. although I do not think we will see them in round one.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Simmons Moves to PF Empty Re: Simmons Moves to PF

Post by dboss Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:22 pm

After dropping 3 straight to the Sixers the Jays torched them with 57 points between them
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:48 pm

I'm liking the Horford decision more and more, and ,as I have previously expressed, Simmons limitations lessen his value, no matter what kind of numbers he puts up. When he , Al, and Joel are on the floor together, they feature three power forwards. No bueno.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm

I think it is the right idea of how to use this team but I am not sure that they have the right personnel. Simmons needs elite shooting around him. Milton has been pretty good in the little bit he has played this year, though the two of them do not have a lot of minutes together. Perhaps they should limit the minutes that Embiid and Richardson play with Simmons.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 pm

Simmons' speed and size make him a good fit at PF with Embiid and Milton on the floor. Simmons' lack of outside shooting will matter a lot less. 6ers will sure be strong around the basket.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:01 pm

It’s a superstar wing oriented league, you have superstar wings, you win. So what Simmons is playing PF...??? their wings don’t cut it. Embid is like Patrick Ewing, he doesn’t have enough help. Simmons still has way too many flaws in his game, he’ll never be close to a Bird/Lebron type that can carry a franchise. He’s closer to an Antoine Walker.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:31 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:It’s a superstar wing oriented league, you have superstar wings, you win. So what Simmons is playing PF...??? their wings don’t cut it. Embid is like Patrick Ewing, he doesn’t have enough help. Simmons still has way too many flaws in his game, he’ll never be close to a Bird/Lebron type that can carry a franchise. He’s closer to an Antoine Walker.

Cow,

I think Simmons to 4 is a great move.

He has no game outside of 10' (so I REALLY don't understand your comparison to 'Toine who was asked why he takes so many 3s and he famously responded "because there are no 4s") but is an excellent ball handler. Let him rebound and go full court and they become a much quicker team. He'll struggle physically on defense, perhaps, but will outrun a lot of 4s on offense too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:38 pm

I believe that Simmons will still be the guy running their offense. I do not think they will look all that different because they do not have a playmaker other than Simmons in their lineup.

The key to beating this team is about stopping Embid. I think you can double off Simmons to stop Embid.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:It’s a superstar wing oriented league, you have superstar wings, you win. So what Simmons is playing PF...??? their wings don’t cut it. Embid is like Patrick Ewing, he doesn’t have enough help. Simmons still has way too many flaws in his game, he’ll never be close to a Bird/Lebron type that can carry a franchise. He’s closer to an Antoine Walker.

Cow,

I think Simmons to 4 is a great move.

He has no game outside of 10' (so I REALLY don't understand your comparison to 'Toine who was asked why he takes so many 3s and he famously responded "because there are no 4s") but is an excellent ball handler.  Let him rebound and go full court and they become a much quicker team.  He'll struggle physically on defense, perhaps, but will outrun a lot of 4s on offense too.

bob

Bob was not comparing their games, on Toine was just looking at their overall effectiveness and impact, I don’t see Simmons having near the game or impact of Jaylen this year, who should have been an all star over Simmons IMHO. Toine was a 3 time all star, I really don’t think Simmons game impacts winning anymore than what Toine did, both flawed players that did some good things. If I’m a GM I take an Aaron Gordon or a Caris Lavert over Simmons. Lavert a much better scorer/shooter, possibly a better initiator as he doesn’t bog down an offense because you can leave him to double others cause he can’t shoot for shit, and Gordon who’s not considered a great shooter, but compared to Simmons he sure is and does better dirty work and defense as a 4. Has Simmons game improved at all, barely...??? he’s a big reason their offense has so many problems. He makes a couple nice drives/dunks within a game, but so did Toine.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:08 pm

These moves will either play out to be the greatest of all time and the 76er's will win the championship or they will start off ala Buster Douglas and maybe sweep the first round or knock off the Bucks and then return to to the imploding train wreck we've all been anticipating.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end, it's still a pig. Have to admire them for the shake up. By my tone you can probably tell it's too little too late.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:28 pm

dbrown4 wrote:These moves will either play out to be the greatest of all time and the 76er's will win the championship or they will start off ala Buster Douglas and maybe sweep the first round or knock off the Bucks and then return to to the imploding train wreck we've all been anticipating.  

You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end, it's still a pig.  Have to admire them for the shake up.  By my tone you can probably tell it's too little too late.  

db

Love the Buster Douglas analogy.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:59 pm

A move to power forward should have Simmons putting up numbers similar to Indiana's Sabonis - as both are quite close in the stat line. The move to power forward should have Simmons improving on rebounds and droppping in assist.While the front court should be improved it's quite questionable as to how Simmons replacement will do at the point. But like dboss says - Simmons could simply become a point forward. We shall see.

http://bkref.com/tiny/ANsyC

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down