swedeinestonia
steve3344
NYCelt
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Non-Celtic Moves of Note Empty Non-Celtic Moves of Note

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Portland has signed Greg Oden for 1 year and announced he's had another setback and may not play this year.

“We’re hopeful, but less confident that he will return to the court this season,” Blazers President Larry Miller said in a statement. “We’ve stood by Greg from the day he was drafted and we continue to do so now with this agreement.”
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Non-Celtic Moves of Note Empty Re: Non-Celtic Moves of Note

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 am

NBA TV says deal is complete; Chandler now officially a Knick.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:53 am

NYCelt wrote:NBA TV says deal is complete; Chandler now officially a Knick.

Pretty good frontline with TC, Amar'e and Melo. Just my opinion, but they could sure use a few guards who can play.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

Subtle difference...

Orlando has granted Dwight Howard's agent permission to talk with the Nets, Lakers and Mavs.

The Nets appear to be seriously interested and Orlando reportedly would want Gasol and Bynum in the deal.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:26 am

Gasol and Bynum for Howard sounds fair.

Like I said before, if you want one of the the superstars of the league, you are gonna have to pay for it.

If they think they should be able to get Howard for Bynum + collateral damage then they can keep on dreaming. I do not know what NJ can offer though. My guess would be Williams+Lopez and then they would hope for Paul (or other big free agent) next season.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Per Adrian W, of Yahoo Sports:

Chauncey Billups went on the record to deter teams from making a bid on him on the amnesty waiver wire.

"People take my kindness and professionalism for weakness," said Billups. "They think I’ll be OK with (getting claimed). I won’t be OK with this."

Billups is looking for the freedom to choose his own destination. He also would be able to draw a second salary if he goes unclaimed

My thoughts:

Billups wants to play for a winner. That means LA, Boston, Dallas or Miami. His window is too short for anywhere else.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 am

LA trades Lamar Odom to Dallas for Dallas' 1st round pick and perhaps other draft considerations.

LA, shedding salary.

Odom was not happy with the way the Lakers management handled the whole CP3 matter. There are more than a few players who are unhappy about that, and not just Lakers.

One LA tower down. If LA offers Bynum and Gasol to Orlando for D12, which the latest rumor du jour claims is what Orlando wants, then the Laker front court would be Howard, 6'9" 275# Caracter and 6'7" Metta World Peace (I just threw up in my mouth writing that). That's a short frontcourt.

And still the worst point guard corp in the league. They need Delonte real bad.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Here's an interesting Tweet:

WojYahooNBA:

Houston's close to signing Marc Gasol to max-contract offer sheet, working a sign-and-trade with Memphis to secure him, league sources say. [via Twitter]

McHale didn't wait too long.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Here's more from Adrian Wojnaroski:

WojYahooNBA:

The Rockets are working to sign Marc Gasol to a 4 year, $55M offer sheet, sources tell Y! Memphis would have 3 days to match, or lose him. [via Twitter]

WojYahooNBA:

Memphis is probably inclined to match the sheet, but if not, they can work a sign-and-trade with Rockets to get something for Gasol. [via Twitter]

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 am

Here's more about CP3 from Adrian Wojnaroski:

WojYahooNBA:
Eric Gordon isn't included in a revised Clippers-New Orleans deal for Chris Paul, league source tells Y! Sports. [via Twitter]

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:03 pm

We'll see if it happens, but IF the Clippers can get Chris Paul, and IF they match the Warriors' offer for DeAndre Jordan, they might be better than the Lakers this year. They'd have quite a starting five.

Chris Paul
Eric Gordon
Caron Butler
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan

Their bench might not be much to talk about, I'm not sold on Vinnie Del Negro as a coach, and Donald Sterling brings enough bad karma to ruin everything, but that's quite a starting five.

Unless Kupchak can pull some rabbits out of his hat, the Lakers as presently constructed are going to have a tough time.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Outside wrote:We'll see if it happens, but IF the Clippers can get Chris Paul, and IF they match the Warriors' offer for DeAndre Jordan, they might be better than the Lakers this year. They'd have quite a starting five.

Chris Paul
Eric Gordon
Caron Butler
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan

Their bench might not be much to talk about, I'm not sold on Vinnie Del Negro as a coach, and Donald Sterling brings enough bad karma to ruin everything, but that's quite a starting five.

Unless Kupchak can pull some rabbits out of his hat, the Lakers as presently constructed are going to have a tough time.

Outside

Outside,

The Clippers/Lakers situation reminds me very closely of the Rays/Yankees.
The Clippers and Rays did so poorly for so long and have had many high draft picks.
Those draft picks are now impact players.
The Lakers and Yankees are older, slower, and have had very few draft picks.

The Clippers will be a formidable team for years to come.
If I am the Clippers, I am a little afraid of doing this deal for a few reasons.
1) The draft pick going to NO could be the #1-#3 pick in this years draft
2) They already have a solid pg in Mo Williams. The added value that Paul brings the LAC is not nearly as high as what he would bring to the LAL. Paul is an upgrade over Williams, but maybe not enough of an upgrade to offer what they are offering.
3) Will Paul's knee be a problem? From 2 years ago, Paul's ppg is down 7 points and his rpg and apg are down. He only averaged 15.8 ppg this year.

Even with this, it is still probably a smart move to make. The Clippers having another star will help their franchise in marketing, sales opportunuties, etc.

As for the Lakers, ugh.
As more players sign and are being traded, I hear very little of the Lakers being involved.
Why don't we hear Chauncey Billups name being rumored as LA's pg?
I have heard that without the triangle, Odom's role won't be as valuable. Not sure if I believe that.
By not trading Odom, they are saving $17.8m (salary plus lux tax).
I don't buy for a second that thy move was to save money.
LA has their enormous new TV contract kicking in next year.
This Lakers team is not winning a title, even with Odom.
If the Lakers can't trade for Howard, they will continue to get worse.
LA has to make a move soon. By Friday, I expect Walton, World Peace or Blake will be amnestied. They can't make that decision until they know who their pg will be.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

The Hornets have agreed to send Chris Paul to the Los Angeles … Clippers

Credit New Orleans Hornets general manager Dell Demps. The man had no leverage and no support from his bosses in the NBA's front office. He could have taken his time following the league's dismissal of Demps' three-way trade with the Los Angeles Lakers last week, pretending that he had some sort of advantage when it came to trading superstar guard Chris Paul, but instead the Hornets deputy personnel chief (second only to David Stern, of course) has apparently pulled the trigger on a quick deal that will deliver something sound to his team.

For more, see link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/The-Hornets-have-agreed-to-send-Chris-Paul-to-th?urn=nba-wp11647&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Apparently, the Clippers didn't get the memo?

WojYahooNBA:

Clippers are refusing New Orleans-NBA steep asking price for Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports. "Deal could be dying," source says. [via Twitter]

What does that mean?

Last edited by gyso on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Here's more from Adrian Wojnaroski:

WojYahooNBA:

Richard Hamilton has been bought out in Detroit, and waived. [via Twitter]

WojYahooNBA:

Joe Dumars: "Rip was a champion with us and a big part of our success over the last nine years." [via Twitter]

Please sign with us and not the Bulls!!!

Here's one more:

WojYahooNBA:

The Pacers have decided to amnesty James Posey and his $6.9 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports. [via Twitter]

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Gyso,

The Lakers have been mentioned as a possible destination for Billups.

Veteran guard Chauncey Billups is crossing his fingers in hopes he will clear waivers at 6 p.m. EST Monday to become an unrestricted free agent. If he clears waivers, a Yahoo! source says to keep an eye on the Los Angeles Lakers or Miami Heat as possible destinations.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Am72C._r2Jssoe4K5gT8UUS8vLYF?slug=ys-free_agent_buzz_121111

Considering they didn't get Paul, it seems like the Lakers would be the best place for him (and LA certainly could use him). He'd be a starter and one of the featured players. In Miami, he'd be way down the food chain.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:24 pm

gyso wrote:Here's more from Adrian Wojnaroski:

WojYahooNBA:

Richard Hamilton has been bought out in Detroit, and waived. [via Twitter]

WojYahooNBA:

Joe Dumars: "Rip was a champion with us and a big part of our success over the last nine years." [via Twitter]

Please sign with us and not the Bulls!!!

Here's one more:

WojYahooNBA:

The Pacers have decided to amnesty James Posey and his $6.9 million contract, league sources tell Y! Sports. [via Twitter]

Hi,
I doubt that DA will go after Rip unless it's 1 year deal.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Outside

Billups has close to 37,000 minutes on him (inc Playoffs) I don't recall any major injuries recently, just turned 35.

He'd be quite an upgrade from what the Lakers have now.

Iverson gonna land anywhere?

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Those dreams of a Clipper dynasty were fleeting. Stern apparently killed this deal, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuqnWYMPbGIbAgvsGMzNsfa8vLYF?slug=aw-hornets_clippers_paul_trade_121211

The Clippers were reportedly offering center Chris Kaman (29), guard Eric Bledsoe (22), forward Al-Farouq Aminu (21), and Minnesota's No. 1 pick in next year's excellent draft. That supposedly had a better shot than the Laker-Rocket deals because it included Stern's supposed preference for younger players plus a great pick in the next draft.

Stern seems to be acting like the Hornets are negotiating from a position of strength, not weakness. I can't see anyone getting a deal done. Why even bother when Stern will kill the deal and all it's going to do is alienate your players rumored to be part of the deal? So Paul will likely leave after this season, and the Hornets will get nothing. Bizarre.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Outside,

Actually, the Clippers killed the deal (from your link):

The Los Angeles Clippers rejected NBA commissioner David Stern’s steep demands to complete a trade for New Orleans Hornets All-Star guard Chris Paul, and talks of a blockbuster deal perished on Monday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Sources didn’t preclude the talks from re-starting, but the Clippers weren’t willing to meet the NBA’s and Hornets’ demands for Paul, sources said.

The NBA has been been running the trade talks for Paul, usurping the power of general manager Dell Demps. The league took over the Hornets in December, and are angling to maintain value to sell the franchise for the highest possible price.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Here's the latest tweet on the Chris Paul trade issue:

KDonhoops: NOW he's crossed the line. RT @David_C_Steele: BREAKING: Chris Paul orders a three-piece combo at Popeyes; David Stern voids the deal. [via Twitter]

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 pm

gyso,

Semantics. Stern killed it by saying no to the deal worked out with Dell Demps and saying the Clippers would have to include even more. The Clips said no to that. I call that Stern killing the deal.

Sort of like agreeing on a price with a car salesman and the manager stepping in and saying you have to pay $10,000 more to get the car. I'm the last one who said no, but the manager is the one who killed the deal.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Scal re-signs with the Bulls.

Good for him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:08 pm

David Stern's day got even worse when Billups was claimed by the LAC.
They now have Billups, Mo Williams and Eric Bledsoe at pg.
I think their next offer for Chris Paul, if there is one, will be less then the original offer.

Billups cannot be traded so he is stuck with them or he can retire.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Tj

This is the most We have seen from the clips since Ever. They are flat out loaded with extremely athletic players.

this could be the year they become the best team in la. If lal does not land dh, after moving odom......stuff could get pretty ugly in la la land...

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:49 am

dboss wrote:Tj

This is the most We have seen from the clips since Ever. They are flat out loaded with extremely athletic players.

this could be the year they become the best team in la. If lal does not land dh, after moving odom......stuff could get pretty ugly in la la land...

Dboss

dboss,

I think something's gotta break for the Lakers. Last year, especially during the playoffs, they revealed themselves to be an old, slow team. They are now a year older and they're minus Lamar Odom, who was the previous year's sixth man and a very tough matchup, and Shannon Brown, their athletic wingman. In other words, they've gotten even older and even less athletic.

The talk is they're still trying to pull off a blockbuster trade, albeit not necessarily with "the two players talked about" (that's a paraphrase of a statement made by Kupchak). Maybe they will. It appears to be the mentality/style of Dr. Buss' idiot son, Jim, to "go for broke". He didn't just want Paul, he wanted Paul and Howard. A noble ambition, but in the process he pissed off Lamar, and that cost the Lakers, and is currently holding his head in his hands.

Kobe's pissed too, and he has every right to be. Jim Buss picked Mike Brown without talking to Kobe (who wanted Brian Shaw) and now this.

As far as the Clips go, I agree with you. They are loaded with talent, even without Paul. Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe, Gordon, Kaman just to name a few pretty damn good players on that team.

Personally though, I'm going to hold my fire for a bit before I start saying they're the best team in LA. After all, they are still the Clips and the Lakers are still the Lakers. I realize that shouldn't have anything to do with what happens on the court, but the curse of Don Sterling is real and malevalent.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next