Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 4, vs Nets 8/5/20

Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 4, vs Nets 8/5/20 Empty Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 4, vs Nets 8/5/20

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:54 pm

Why can't they all be like this?  Well, they could, if we shoot > 51% from 3 and take 35 fritos.  Lights out shooting cures all kinds of ills, as does living at the stripe.

Tatum got into early foul trouble, and only played 18 minutes, but still scored 19 points.

Tatum out?  No problem, Brown saw an opportunity and took it.  21 points in 24 minutes.  5-9 from 3.  Remember when he couldn't shoot?  Such a dim, dark memory now, huh?

Gordon was the least efficient player, 5-15, but he still had 18 points because he took 8 ftas.  It's a source of wonder how he always seems to be able to get to where he wants to go and get what he wants even though he's not moving especially fast.

I have been pretty impressed with Theis the last few games.  For an undersized center he is playing pretty well.  Last night he went up against Jarrett Allen, who is 3" taller with a 7'6" wingspan and, I thought, outplayed him.  The boxscores are comparable, even though Allen played 6 minutes more, but Theis was dong what This does best and that is setting those seals in the paint that drive opposing fans crazy.

A coming out party for The Time Lord.  18 points on perfect shooting from the field and the line.  7-7 from the floor and 4-4 from the line.  3 blocks and, what impressed me, 2 assists and zero turnovers.  THAT will get him on the floor.  One of his shots was a 16-17'er.

Defensively, we did what we needed to do and that's not let Joe Harris and Caris LeVert go off on us.  They were a combined 12-28 for 27 points.  Those two are, by far, the most dangerous players on that team with Kyrie and Durant out and we took acceptable losses from them.

Semi struggled again.  He did hit 3-5 3s but...

Edwards had a few moments, good and bad.  He finally started hitting some shots, which has to make the kid feel good, but he also made some bad decisions.  He's a rookie, that's going to happen.  That's why championship teams don't usually carry more than 1 rookies on the roster, 2 at most, it's because you cannot afford a lot of rookie mistakes and ref rookie calls deep into the playoffs.  We have 3.

But then there was Romeo.  I thought he played very well.  I've been watching him and Grant intently all season.  Obviously I've had more opportunity to watch Grant than Romeo but I pay attention to both of them.  Romeo really looked like he belonged out there.  Not always perfect, true, but MUCH better than the couple hundred hours of NBA ball should make him look.  He's a natural and he is like fresh gum on defense.  Give him some time to work on his game (I'd say "let him work over the summer" but this is the summer...) and a healthy pre-season next year (whenever that is) and I really think we're going to see something.

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 31 minutes ago
Stomping the Nets juices the numbers. The Celtics were fifth in bubble offense before last night’s game, but now lead the second-place Blazers by more than three points per 100 possessions. Boston narrowly trails the Clippers for the No. 3 offense over the full season.

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 8 hours ago
More on the Celtics' 149-114 Bubble Blowout... * Most points since November 1992 (Starters: Brown, Fox, Lewis, McDaniel, Parish) * 20 3's 4th most in franchise history. * C's had made 18 3's 12 times in franchise history, they've done it twice in four bubble games. pic.twitter.com/ePRdkJNbyS
Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 4, vs Nets 8/5/20 Eet33G2WoAAH124?format=png&name=small

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
about 10 hours ago
On May 27, 1985, the Celtics beat the Lakers, 148-114, in what became known as the Memorial Day Massacre. On August 5, 2020, the Celtics beat the Nets, 149-115. August 5th is National Underwear Day. OK, so maybe this game won't have a cool holiday nickname...

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401224742

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down