Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20

3 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20 Empty Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:57 am

I'm really busy today, so I'll keep this short.

Tatum was unconscious for most of the game. Just making some unreal shots. His 5 turnovers caused some angst in me last night.

Hayward was his usual "Steady Eddie" self, going where he wanted to go when he wanted to go there and, for reasons I'm not completely clear on, nobody seems to be able to stop him despite their greater athleticism.

Jaylen with a very unusual 3-13 night. He's had so many good games he's bound to have a bad one.

Kemba with a quiet, but productive 19 points on 7-10. He hasn't had a "loud" game in a while, but he's getting his points. What does it say that he was signed to be our "star" and he's now usually the 4th player mentioned (5th if Theis has a good game, and he has been playing very well in the bubble). What it says is that we have a very strong starting unit.

Another great game by The Time Lord. The difference in his play pre-injury, pre-bubble and now is remarkable. He had 2 blocks in his first 2 minutes.

Let's not forget about Kanter. He had 11 points and 8 rebounds, 4 of them my beloved offensive rebounds, in just 16 minutes. Lord knows, however, how many he gave up on the defensive end. He really just cannot focus when on defense.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20

Post by bobc33 Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Feeling good about how the Celtics are rounding in to shape! I’m confident Jaylen, Jayson and Smart will do good things.

For me the most important factor is Gordon is playing game after game with an aggressive attitude. His all around game is key to us going far.

Kemba gradually playing more minutes and looking good.

Mr. Robert Williams has made a difference coming off the bench these last few games. Can he do that in the high pressure playoff games? I’m not sure, time will tell obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Bubble Game 7, vs Grizzlies 8/11/20

Post by dbrown4 Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

We're still taking 4th or 5th seat with the press.  No mention at all of BOS probably being the best team with a chance to win it all.  

Would be nice to see POR give LAL all they can handle and a #1 Seed bounce from the playoffs.  Sorry, TJ.  DLill is ridiculous.  Unconscious.  Never seen anything quite like that in a while.  Kind of like the opposite of Kyrie.  Just keeps his mouth shut and nails you and your team.  We don't need anyone that can score 50 or 60 any given night like that, per se, but his attitude is very Celtic-like and stoic, like the Chief's.  Kemba straight up with injury?  About 3 million difference.  I shouldn't say that.  I like Kemba alot.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down