Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sam's Celtics Forum Who's Who - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam's Celtics Forum Who's Who

Post by Outside Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Bob,

I'm more than happy to sit down with Jeb for a screening of Cool Hand Luke, but I'll let him take care of any re-enactments of that particular scene.

Jeb: I can eat fifty eggs.
Outside: Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
BobH: You just said he could eat anything.
Outside: Did you ever eat fifty eggs?
Jeb: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
Sam: Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.
Outside: My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs.
Sam: Yeah, but in how long?
Jeb: A hour.
BobH: Well, I believe I'll take part of that wager.
Outside: Why you got to go and say fifty eggs for? Why not thirty-five or thirty-nine?
Jeb: I thought it was a nice round number.

An unbelievably great scene from a great movie with so many great scenes. It was so much fun showing it to my boys once they were old enough. It was on the long drive to Northern California, so they were a captive audience. At first, they were messing with their iPods and complaining that I was making them watch this movie, but before long, they were hooked. I never said a word and just let them watch. By the end, they thought it was one of the best movies they'd ever seen. My wife knows it's my favorite movie, but I can't watch it with her because she gets so upset at how unfair it is. I haven't seen it in years, maybe since that trip to Northern California, so maybe I can watch it again with my boys. Jeb, I'll have a bowl of eggs ready for you.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 pm

Sam wrote:Yeah, but can he hatch them?

Whut we have heeah, is faileah to communicate.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:44 pm

I can eat 50 eggs
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:24 am

Better late than never, I guess:

Board name: gyso, GetYourSoxOn at BDC and elsewhere

General location of maine residence: Central Maine

Raised in: Concord, NH

Family: Married W/4 girls ages 22-30

Year of becoming an Celtic fan: Late 60's to early 70's. John Havlicek was my first favorite player. I became a bigger fan during the Bird years.

Teams supported (any sport):

First a fan of the Red Sox (1967-now), then Bruins (70's to 90's), then the Celtics and lastly, the Patriots in the 80's to now.

The Celtics have passed the Sox and I couldn't care less about the Bruins. I still follow the Pats.

Interests: Taming the wilderness by finding even more of my property to mow.

Other: I traveled a lot in the last 20 years for my work but would like to go back to those some of those places for fun. I have a twisted sense of humor that doesn't always translate well to the written word.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

GYSO: Industrial, Electrical Egineer. WOW! I bet you got more wires than Western Union, and more connections (not French) than the phone company put together. (LOL)-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Gyso

I didda gig in boothbay harbor and fell in love with Maine...how far from there do you live

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 pm

jeb65 wrote:
Hey Gyso

I didda gig in boothbay harbor and fell in love with Maine...how far from there do you live

Jeb

Jeb,

Boothbay Hahbah is a great place. I've gone on some chartered fishing trips out of there. I have to drive between 1 1/2 to 2 hours SOUTH to get there.

I live in the woods, not at the ocean but I like to visit there a couple times a year. The Atlantic is an hours drive at the closest from my home, which puts me in the Belfast/Searsport area.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:30 pm

It was a very beautiful, distinct place. I vote we have a board get together in Maine!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:02 pm

jeb65 wrote:
It was a very beautiful, distinct place. I vote we have a board get together in Maine!

Jeb,

Last year, we tried to get together for a Saturday night Red Claws game, but their schedule didn't provide any opportunities. Maybe this year.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Sam wrote:Matty,

Is there any connection between the women and the bibles? I mean pickup lines or something?

Sam

not really Sam, although when i was like, 16 or 17ish and visiting a freinds house i found myself alone with his sisters overnight guest, (story is PGish), the parents wern't home and we were on the bedroom side of the house and she'd just taken a shower and entered the bedroom i was in (she was) wearing only a short bathrobe.

im thinking the kids we were visiting were out taking care of some chores that where part of a punishment they'd received and so we two guests were off the hook. anyhow she walked in with a bible and asked if i'd ever heard of the song of solomon..

anyhow, she's informed me i absolutely had to listen to her read the book, which she did accompained by what seemed like one of the most heavenly voices ever. toss in what i was sure where a few well planned movements of the hips and higher regions fo the torso and she had my full attention.

we almost got through the entire book before her freind showed up, ruining what seemed to me to be the most rediculuosly erotic events of my life despite the fact she prolly never got within 6 feet of me.a few minutes later we were playing monopoly and i was left with a great memory.

but naw, im not so good with pickup lines

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Matty wrote:

Is there any connection between the women and the bibles? I mean pickup lines or something?

Sam

not really Sam, although when i was like, 16 or 17ish and visiting a freinds house i found myself alone with his sisters overnight guest, (story is PGish), the parents wern't home and we were on the bedroom side of the house and she'd just taken a shower and entered the bedroom i was in (she was) wearing only a short bathrobe.

im thinking the kids we were visiting were out taking care of some chores that where part of a punishment they'd received and so we two guests were off the hook. anyhow she walked in with a bible and asked if i'd ever heard of the song of solomon..

anyhow, she's informed me i absolutely had to listen to her read the book, which she did accompained by what seemed like one of the most heavenly voices ever. toss in what i was sure where a few well planned movements of the hips and higher regions fo the torso and she had my full attention.

we almost got through the entire book before her freind showed up, ruining what seemed to me to be the most rediculuosly erotic events of my life despite the fact she prolly never got within 6 feet of me.a few minutes later we were playing monopoly and i was left with a great memory.

Great story Smile
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Matty,

I hope she read you Song of Solomon 8:10.

tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Board name:mulcogiseng Real Name: Mulcogi Seng

General location of main residence:On the border, Nogales, Az

Raised in: N.H.

Occupation:Director, non profit natural medicine and Buddhist Dharma Center

Family: Father of two, both life long Celtics fans (not to mention the other local, (4 u guys) teams

Year of becoming an NBA fan:1957

Teams supported (any sport): Boston Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, futbol, all sports

Interests: many and they are varied.

mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 pm

mulcogiseng - funny, I practiced acupuncture in Nogales in 1978, one of only two acupuncturists in the state back then...times have changed
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 am

worcester wrote:mulcogiseng - funny, I practiced acupuncture in Nogales in 1978, one of only two acupuncturists in the state back then...times have changed

worcester,

I'm sure somebody asked you this before, but I missed it.

Who's your avatar?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 am

My avatar's a 37 year old Russian/Latvian woman who was my girlfriend for 3 years. She now works in Edinburgh Scotland. The boxer Willie Pep once said, "First the legs go. Then the money goes. then the women go." It wasn't quite that way with Elena, because she was too proud to ask for money, which for a Russian woman is pretty atypical. But when my finances suffered with the real estate crash, I wasn't able to continue flying to Europe several times a year to sustain the relationship, and several thousand men rushed to take my place. It was like the running of the bulls in Pamplona.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:53 am

worcester wrote:My avatar's a 37 year old Russian/Latvian woman who was my girlfriend for 3 years. She now works in Edinburgh Scotland. The boxer Willie Pep once said, "First the legs go. Then the money goes. then the women go." It wasn't quite that way with Elena, because she was too proud to ask for money, which for a Russian woman is pretty atypical. But when my finances suffered with the real estate crash, I wasn't able to continue flying to Europe several times a year to sustain the relationship, and several thousand men rushed to take my place. It was like the running of the bulls in Pamplona.

worcester,

Sorry to hear that. In my experience, your comment about Russian women is fairly accurate.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:55 am

It's ok. There's plenty of fish in the sea, and I enjoy fishing.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Matty wrote:

Sam

I'm not what you would call a biblical scholar by any stretch of the imagination, so when I first read the story, I was thinking it must have been quite a night for Matty as a teenager, but that the girl was decidedly twisted reading bible passages while sitting in her short robe fresh out of the shower. Of course, the fact that she was that twisted made it even better on some level, but sparked my curiosity.

After reading the Song of Solomon, I now realize why I never heard it when I used to go to church as a kid. And it makes a lot of sense why she was reading it to Matty. Wow- she was either ready to go or a world-class tease. I guess it gave her some plausible deniability in case anyone walked in- "I was just reading passages from the bible!". But her reading that puts the story in a whole different light. That must have been excruciatingly tempting.

And unless I'm mis-reading things, it sounds like Solomon was on fire- having his way with a United Colors of Benetton sampler platter. Sounds like he was making sure every girl under the sun got the royal seal of approval.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Just googled "king solomon women" and .........

700 wives and 300 concubines !!! He could have been an NBA player!!!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Sam- I added a few things that we have on a similar thread on my Lakers board that I thought would be interesting to hear from a Cs perspective. Obviously, folks here would change it from Lakers to Cs, but it would be especially interesting to hear about Cs memories from people like you and Rosie who've been going to games and ben around the team for decades.

Board name: Babyskyhook
General location of main residence: LA (Santa Monica to be specific)
Occupation: After 17 years working way too hard in the movie business, I'm spending three years traveling, surfing and making a surfing documentary.
Been a Laker fan since: mid 70's (around 10 years old or so)
Teams supported (any sport): Lakers (pro basketball), USC (pro football), not a baseball fan, USA! USA! in any international competition
Interests: surfing, Lakers/NBA, sports, travel, history, politics, health/nutrition, movies, macroeconomics
Other:

Favorite All-Time Laker: Kareem/Magic/Worthy/Cooper/Horry
Favorite Current Lakers: Gasol, Fisher
Least Favorite All Time Lakers- Gary Payton and Sasha as players and Mike Dunleavy as a coach
Least Favorite Current Laker- Sasha
Favorite Laker memory: Magic playing all 5 positions to win title in Philly in '80, Magic's baby sky-hook in '87 vs C's. Kobe to Shaq alley-oop v Portland (2000, Game 7 WCF). HORRY FOR THE WIN ! YES! (Game 4 vs Kings, '02), Game 7 vs Kings, '02- (on the road, game 7, OT), Fisher's 3s vs Orlando in '09, Fish's 4th quarter vs Cs in Game 3 2010
Saddest Laker memory: Magics announcement/Chick Hearns passing (losing to Cs in '84 and '08 saddest on-court memories)
Ever met a Laker? If so, list them: Kareem (in a store), Coop (at LAX), Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox, (at a party), LO (at an awards show)
Places you've watched the Laker play live: Fabulous Forum, Staples, O-rena (Orlando for the '09 Finals), United Center (Chicago on a sub-zero Dec night- brrrr)
Favorite Laker memorabilia: Magic and Gasol jerseys, plus the knock-off t-shirts they sell on the street. "Shaq and Kobe Back To Back", "Threepeat", etc.
Favorite Basketball Movie: Hoosiers (feature), Hoop Dreams (documentary)
Favorite food at games: Stromboli subs or chicken tacos. Margaritas and/or beer.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:24 pm

BSH - My favorite Laker and one of my very favorite basketball players and people ever is Jerry West. He was such a worthy opponent for the Celtics, an incredible performer and deserved to become the avatar for the NBA - which he is. BTW, I assume you've watched "The Endless Summer." That film prompted me to try surfing in Miami, Virginia Beach and Biarritz, France. What a great life then - sun, surf, and sex in the pre-STD Sixties. W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:05 pm

babyskyhook wrote:Sam- I added a few things that we have on a similar thread on my Lakers board that I thought would be interesting to hear from a Cs perspective. Obviously, folks here would change it from Lakers to Cs, but it would be especially interesting to hear about Cs memories from people like you and Rosie who've been going to games and ben around the team for decades.

Board name: Babyskyhook
General location of main residence: LA (Santa Monica to be specific)
Occupation: After 17 years working way too hard in the movie business, I'm spending three years traveling, surfing and making a surfing documentary.
Been a Laker fan since: mid 70's (around 10 years old or so)
Teams supported (any sport): Lakers (pro basketball), USC (pro football), not a baseball fan, USA! USA! in any international competition
Interests: surfing, Lakers/NBA, sports, travel, history, politics, health/nutrition, movies, macroeconomics
Other:

Favorite All-Time Laker: Kareem/Magic/Worthy/Cooper/Horry
Favorite Current Lakers: Gasol, Fisher
Least Favorite All Time Lakers- Gary Payton and Sasha as players and Mike Dunleavy as a coach
Least Favorite Current Laker- Sasha
Favorite Laker memory: Magic playing all 5 positions to win title in Philly in '80, Magic's baby sky-hook in '87 vs C's. Kobe to Shaq alley-oop v Portland (2000, Game 7 WCF). HORRY FOR THE WIN ! YES! (Game 4 vs Kings, '02), Game 7 vs Kings, '02- (on the road, game 7, OT), Fisher's 3s vs Orlando in '09, Fish's 4th quarter vs Cs in Game 3 2010
Saddest Laker memory: Magics announcement/Chick Hearns passing (losing to Cs in '84 and '08 saddest on-court memories)
Ever met a Laker? If so, list them: Kareem (in a store), Coop (at LAX), Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox, (at a party), LO (at an awards show)
Places you've watched the Laker play live: Fabulous Forum, Staples, O-rena (Orlando for the '09 Finals), United Center (Chicago on a sub-zero Dec night- brrrr)
Favorite Laker memorabilia: Magic and Gasol jerseys, plus the knock-off t-shirts they sell on the street. "Shaq and Kobe Back To Back", "Threepeat", etc.
Favorite Basketball Movie: Hoosiers (feature), Hoop Dreams (documentary)
Favorite food at games: Stromboli subs or chicken tacos. Margaritas and/or beer.

BSH,

It's interesting you listed all your favorite Lakers. I have a friend who knows somebody who can get old school NBA uniforms. He has Alex English's jersey with the old Denver rainbow-mountains design, Mike Schmidt's jersey and others and we're not talking cheap threading either. These are the real McCoys. He's a big Laker fan and is keeping his favorite Laker jerseys for himself: West, Coop, Baylor and some others, but sells the rest for extra money. He asked me who is my favorite Celtic (so he could get me the jersey). I froze like a deer in headlights. So many to choose from: Russell, Bird, McHale, Cousy, Havlicek, Cowens. Then I saw a jersey lying on top of the pile and said "I WANT THAT ONE!!". It was a Julius Erving NY Nets of the ABA road jersey. #32.

Then the SOB said "I'm keeping that one too". He's 33 years old, 6'3", 270#. Played center for the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL for a couple years (he was 330# then). Otherwise I would have punched him. So, I told him to get on the stick and find me another. I don't care it would have looked like a tent on me, it was beautiful. I don't own a sports jersey and never have, but I'd wear this one with a big shit-eating grin on my face.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Bob, Dr. J's daughter was one of my patients. He never talked with or saw her in 21 years, which pretty much continually hurt her feelings. So although he was an incredible basketball player, one I loved to watch, I haven't been able to admire him as a man.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next