+3
bobheckler
NYCelt
dustcover
7 posters

Go down

Heat's defense on game winner Empty Heat's defense on game winner

Post by dustcover Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:34 am

After watching the video replay of the final seconds to go with Smart driving in for a layup, 6'5" Herro stood there like a stiff without blocking out and without positioning himself for a potential rebound while 6'2" Pritchard stepped right in front of him and got the winning put-back bucket. Give the rookie Payton his due, his hustle and court awareness was outstanding, but Herro's indifference and/or lack of hustle was a blunder of major proportion. https://twitter.com/i/status/1347018859694452736
dustcover
dustcover

Back to top Go down

Heat's defense on game winner Empty Re: Heat's defense on game winner

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:32 am

dustcover wrote:After watching the video replay of the final seconds to go with Smart driving in for a layup, 6'5" Herro stood there like a stiff without blocking out and without positioning himself for a potential rebound while 6'2" Pritchard stepped right in front of him and got the winning put-back bucket.  Give the rookie Payton his due, his hustle and court awareness was outstanding, but Herro's indifference and/or lack of hustle was a blunder of major proportion. https://twitter.com/i/status/1347018859694452736

Dustcover,

Good point and nice to hear from you!

I hope you have been well.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:57 am

dustcover wrote:After watching the video replay of the final seconds to go with Smart driving in for a layup, 6'5" Herro stood there like a stiff without blocking out and without positioning himself for a potential rebound while 6'2" Pritchard stepped right in front of him and got the winning put-back bucket.  Give the rookie Payton his due, his hustle and court awareness was outstanding, but Herro's indifference and/or lack of hustle was a blunder of major proportion. https://twitter.com/i/status/1347018859694452736

dustcover,

In Herro's defense he had Marcus Smart lying at his feet and probably would have stepped, or tripped, on him if he took a step forward. Pritchard slashed in from the angle. Pritchard's angle let him avoid Smart's legs (or maybe he didn't give a damn, all he wanted was the ball).

Nice to hear from you. Good observation. .2 seconds more, or if Pritchard hadn't put it right back up and had come down with the rebound first instead, and it would have been moot but that's why you keep playing until you hear the whistle or buzzer.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:08 pm

we got a win.....so something went right yesterday I suppose.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 pm

I like that the ball didn't go right in either.  It rolled around as we all saw and almost came out.  But long enough so that the result was tenths of a second ticking off that resulted in a solid (unchallenged) 0.2 seconds remained making it virtually impossible to score.  That's how you crush your opponent's will and stomp on their collective heart.  You could see it all over Jimmy Butler's face at the last time out after we got up 107-105.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Pritchard put himself in the right place at the right time.
I also don't think it was bad blocking out by Miami.
Good for Pritchard for the game winner.
He has earned a spot in the rotation.
I didn't think he would be this effective already because of his lack of speed and athleticism.
But, he keeps his dribble going, is a very good passer and is a dangerous shooter if the defense slacks off of him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 pm

A thing of beauty. A Celtic legendary TEAM in the making, virtually all through the draft. If Rwill keeps improving and stays healthy, we will be THE force for a good while to come. Again, virtually all ttrough the draft. Kudos, Danny.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down