Drummond buy out options?

+3
worcester
bobheckler
kdp59
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drummond buy out options? - Page 2 Empty Re: Drummond buy out options?

Post by Vankisa Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:32 pm

So I still think most here would agree that the offseason additions that Danny made has been a complete bust.

I am glad we are free of one of those bad decisions. I actually hoped we would be rid of both of them.

I would switch TT for Drummond or Aldridge immediately. I just think he has had a bad influence overall not just with his slow play on defense, but attitude and locker room presence (ofc this is all complete conjecture based on his comments and lack there of since he joined the team).

But I guess we cannot get rid of him now right? So 1/2 is still better than nothing + adding Fournier is a legit "check" on one of the key missing pieces - wing scorer of the bench. Defensively he is far from Hayward but offensively he does not need the ball, but can handle it and can shoot or penetrate. I do not think there could have been found a more productive wing considering the circumstances.

We are definitely NOT good in the front court department though and we got even worse now, losing our best 4-5 player. Let us not kid ourselves Theis was the most consistent and experienced front court player we had. RWill is the most talented one so perhaps as some have pointed out this is a blessing in disguise for the future.

The thing is I want to win NOW. And I really do not like what this year has already done to the spirit and competitiveness of our core players. If we are throwing the towel now this is become a catalyst of the worst sort.

I also think Danny was severely limited by Wyc on what he could and could not do/spend. So I think he got as much as he could out of it really.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:24 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-andre-drummond-cavaliers-will-work-on-a-buyout-190335411.html

Sources: Andre Drummond will listen to pitches from multiple teams after Cavaliers buyout

Chris Haynes

Fri, March 26, 2021, 1:24 AM

The Cleveland Cavaliers and center Andre Drummond will work on a buyout as the center will listen to pitches from multiple teams, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Drummond will speak with the New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets, according to sources.

Drummond last played on Feb. 12 before the Cavaliers announced the 27-year-old center would sit out while the team worked to find a trade partner before Thursday's deadline.

"Sometimes you're forced into difficult positions that's not easy to navigate, but in respect to Dre and all that he's done and accomplished and as much as he's helped us, we thought this was the fairest thing to do for him," head coach J.B. Bickerstaff said on Feb. 15, per The Associated Press.

The decision to sit Drummond caught the attention of Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, who called the situation "bulls***" in comparison to James Harden’s trade request.

"To watch Andre Drummond, before the game, sit on the sidelines, then go to the back, and to come out in street clothes because a team is going to trade him, it's bulls***," Green said. "Because when James Harden asks for a trade and essentially dogged it — ... no one is going to fight back that James was dogging it his last days in Houston — but he was castrated for wanting to go to a different team. And everybody destroyed that man.

"And yet a team can come and say, 'Oh, we want to trade a guy.' And then that guy is to go sit. And if he doesn't stay professional, then he's a cancer. And he's not good in someone's locker room, and he's the issue."

Drummond was traded from the Detroit Pistons to the Cavaliers in February 2020 for John Henson, Brandon Knight and a second-round pick. He played only eight games (17.5 ppg, 11.1 rpg) for the Cavaliers before the COVID-19 shutdown ended Cleveland’s season in March.

In 25 games this season for the Cavs, Drummond averaged 17.5 points and 13.5 rebounds per game. With the addition of fellow center Jarrett Allen in the four-team James Harden trade, Drummond, who’s in the final year of a $28.7 million contract, became expendable.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Unless someone offers him a multi-year contract I don't see Drummond going anywhere except LAL or Brooklyn, maybe LAC.  If it's about this year then he's going to go somewhere where it looks more likely he can make some noise this year. Whatever upgrades Fournier and Wagner and Kornet are to our team we're still a long shot.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm

another option on the buy out market now

Grizzlies waive Gorgui Dieng

Shams Charania: Memphis has waived center Gorgui Dieng. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Chris Grenham
Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 8 minutes ago
Woj just said on NBA Countdown that Andre Drummond spoke with the Celtics today. "Several other teams interested, but Boston would really like to be able to plug him into the middle. They got a shot at him."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2