Remaining Games To the finish

2 posters

Go down

Remaining Games To the finish Empty Remaining Games To the finish

Post by dboss Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Based on the SOS and the number of Home/Away games, the Celtics have a tough lift ahead of them

With Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and Boston separated by 1/2 to 1 game in the standings, their respective Strength Of Schedule remaining and the number of home vs away games is likely to factor in

As of today Atlanta has the the easiest SOS and a favorable 12 of 18 remaining games at home

.479 Atlanta 12/6
.485 Charlotte 13/7
.486 Miami 8/11
.494 Boston 9/9

There is no room for bad games and an injury here or there may be decisive in where we finish up.

The ideal spot would be 4th place. I do think we need to be at least #5 to avoid a road series against one of the top 3 teams. In other words 6, 7th and 8th is not at all favorable.

We need to beat both Portland and LA and I think we can do that with solid play all around.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Remaining Games To the finish Empty Re: Remaining Games To the finish

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 am

I think you are correct dboss. I'm not too worried about the SOS as those differences are wafer thin and that amounts to about 1-2 games against a +.500 opponent. You really want that type of schedule this late in the season. That's who you are going to see in the playoffs right off the bat. And the Celtics need that right now if we are going to do anything productive beyond getting swept in the first round.

Again, we're teetering on the edge all the way to the end and anymore injuries or crappy play will spell doom in the present (seeding) and the future (playoffs).

We have no one to blame but ourselves all the way through the organization for our position. But it's the players who must now perform to the best of their abilities.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:15 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I think you are correct dboss.  I'm not too worried about the SOS as those differences are wafer thin and that amounts to about 1-2 games against a +.500 opponent.  You really want that type of schedule this late in the season.  That's who you are going to see in the playoffs right off the bat.  And the Celtics need that right now if we are going to do anything productive beyond getting swept in the first round.  

Again, we're teetering on the edge all the way to the end and anymore injuries or crappy play will spell doom in the present (seeding) and the future (playoffs).  

We have no one to blame but ourselves all the way through the organization for our position.  But it's the players who must now perform to the best of their abilities.  

db  

db

I do agree with you about the SOS. The more important factor may be games at home.

Yes the team has squandered a lot of opportunities but I am hoping that the urgency of the moment becomes a fixation in their minds and their hearts so that they can play high quality basketball for the duration of the season and into the playoffs.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down